main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be posting replies later! Thanks to everyone who has been reading, lurkers or not!

Chapter 22

?Qui-Gon,? Dooku?s voice was almost gentle as he came even closer to the Sith. ?You were responsible for Tahl?s death.?

The tall man shook his head vigorously, a dazed look dropping over his face. ?That?s not true,? he said quietly. ?I wouldn?t do that.? He lifted tortured eyes to Obi-Wan. ?You believe me, don?t you?? he pleaded.

The young man swallowed hard, his eyes darting from his Jedi Master to his Sith Master. They both seemed convinced that they were telling the truth. But both of them could not be right. Could they?

It seemed to Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon physically diminished as he waited for him to answer. His broad shoulders slumped, his spine curved, and his eyes lost some of the determined light that always seemed to dwell in them. ?Master?? he said quietly, asking for reassurance. Tell me he?s wrong, Master! Tell me that Dooku is lying, trying to turn me against you!

As if responding to his apprentice?s fear, Qui-Gon suddenly stood straighter. ?You?re a liar, Dooku.? His words were cool and composed. ?The Jedi killed Tahl.? He said more quietly, ?I loved her, I would never hurt her.?

Dooku sighed and drew his hand away from the weapon that hung on his belt. ?Padawan, search your feelings.?

Qui-Gon flinched from the affectionate title. ?Shut up!? He screamed the words, and Obi-Wan felt the malevolent forces around his Master pick up velocity; they spun around him in ever widening circles. ?I?ll kill you for those words, Dooku, and smile while I do it!? With that, he called his saber to his hand and an instant later a crimson blade sprang to life.

Dooku cautiously pulled his weapon free and ignited his green blade as well. He held it in a defensive posture, protecting himself from the blow he sensed would come soon.

?Don?t you remember what happened, Padawan?? Dooku suddenly said. ?Think, Qui-Gon, think about when Tahl came to you.?

Qui-Gon?s hand tightened reflexively around his saber hilt but he did not advance on the older man. ?She came to me because she loved me,? he said.

A nod from Dooku surprised both men. ?Yes, she loved you,? he said. ?And she was worried about you.?

?She loved me,? Qui-Gon repeated. He looked at Obi-Wan. ?She loved me very much, and I loved her.?

Obi-Wan could do nothing more than stand there in silence, his eyes darting between the two men.

?She tried to save you,? Dooku said softly. ?She tried to bring you back to the light.?

?She loved me,? Qui-Gon repeated stubbornly. ?She wanted to join me.?

Dooku shook his head. ?She wanted you to rejoin her, to come back to the Jedi.?

?No!? a shout from the Sith. ?That?s not how it happened, old man!?

?She came to you and tried to coax you back into the light, Qui-Gon. She hoped her love would save you. She told me that before she sought you out.?

Qui-Gon lifted his blade and brought it within millimeters of Dooku?s throat. ?She despised the Jedi because they tried to keep us apart.?

?She was a Jedi, Qui-Gon. She knew no other life.? A gentle and reassuring smile appeared on the elegant features. ?She wanted you to be a Jedi as well, even if your love for each other had to remain only in your hearts.?

Qui-Gon smiled coldly and moved the blade a fraction closer. ?You?re going to die, old man. You don?t want to die with a lie on your lips, do you??

Dooku kept his lightsaber lowered, although Obi-Wan noticed that the older man?s pulse had sped up. He could see it leaping just beneath Qui-Gon?s blade.

?Qui-Gon, she came here to confront you and she never returned to the Temple,? Dooku said quietly. ?A few days later we received her body with a note accusing the Jedi of being responsible for her death.? His lightsaber came up just a bit. ?Do you not remember doing that, my Padawan??

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened at this revelation. This was not at all what his Master had told him. Qui-Gon shook his head violently, making his

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He lifted tortured eyes to Obi-Wan. ?You believe me, don?t you?? he pleaded. I let out a great big Awwww after reading this.

Wow, seems Qui-Gon is more deranged then just evil, for he had himself convinced it was not he who killed Tahl. Went from feeling sorry for Qui to being thoroughly creeped out!

Another wonderful post VaderLVR.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    How sad! Qui did kill her... but in a fit of rage! :( poor guy... but he did not allow the remorse to last very long. Dooku you better defend yourself cuz Qui is in the kicking butt mode!

Poor Obi.. I feel for him cuz he now knows that Qui did murder Tahl.

Poor Tahl... she tried... and in this - love did not prove to be the most powerful force in the universe.

Great chappie! Baby got Qui to admit the truth - though sad it was!

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I like it! Qui went a little beserk and killed his girl. Hmmm...I think you like crazy Qui-Gon! :D

5. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    man o man! Well, I guess now that the truth is out & Qui is insane, things can only get crazier! lol

I hope Obi makes some good choices in the next couple of posts!!

6. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Wow! Qui is really unbalanced, isn't he? You wrote that scene beautifully, btw :D I think Obi-Wan is going to have some tough decisions to make soon, and I just have the feeling little Anakin is going to toddle into the room soon, right in the midst of a very bad situation [face_plain] Stay in your room, Ani ;)

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh dear poor Qui-Gon so he really DID kill her eh...I agree he seems quite unbalanced and just gets creepier and creepier ... excellent post I can't wait for more!

8. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I don't know if Qui creeps me out (well, yeah, he does) or if there's something sad and pathetic about him. I guess he had to be messed up really bad in the head to kill her. Poor Tahl. :( Poor Qui. Poor Dooku. And poor Anakin! Hope he'll be okay.

Reading and enjoying. :)

9. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh no, Qui-Gon is insane. [face_worried]

10. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    An insane Qui-Gon is NOT a good thing! [face_worried]

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Qui-Gon is not working on all cylinders here! Obviously, he's gone insane and it's probably making him worse to be doing darkside things. I hope that Obi-Wan will wake up to that and maybe turn back to the Light.

Good job.

12. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ?You believe me, don?t you?? he pleaded.

I thought we had started to stumble upon a vulnerable Qui-Gon here, something Dooku could work with. Now he's having an insane rampage and Obi-Wan will have to decide who to jump in and aid.

I think that Qui killing Tahl in a fit of rage should hit really close to home for Obi-Wan right now since he almost killed Sarla in a fit of rage and was troubled by it a few chapters back.

13. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    *shiver* maniacal Sith Qui-Gon is even more scary! *gasp* He killed her?!?! Wow, that's really creepy. And now they're going to fight, ooooo, that should be good. And what in the world will Obi-Wan think now? Very good, so eager for more!

14. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I wouldnt have thought that Qui would have gone insane and killed poor Tahl. :(

And is Obi's loyalty still to Qui? Hmmm...

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I wonder what must be going through Obi's mind right now? I think Qui-Gon truly thought at first that he didn't kill her and I'm glad Dooku was there to set him straight. I hope it works! I have a feeling this fight may not go well... [face_worried]

Dooku was very brave coming right into the lion's den. I hope he makes it out alive! And is able to make a connection to Obi. :D

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow, that was a powerful scene. Qui is really completely crazy.

Obi-Wan needs to get himself and Anakin away from Qui-Gon right now.

Terrific chapter. =D=

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan. Is he as resolute in his faith or can he be turned back to the light. He would be smart to go back to the jedi because Qui is pyscho!

Looks up- Funny, but I thought I saw a long lost Hobbit run through here...

18. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This fic is great! I like how Obi-Wan is dealing with things that a true darksider wouldn't think twice about, meaning that he still seems to have a bit of a conscience. :)

Can't wait for more!

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Dooku must live! Die Qui!

20. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    That settles it then, Qui-Gon has definitely lost it, and Obi-Wan needs to grab the kid and run while he can, make off to Tatooine or Naboo with Sarla, and forget all about the Jedi and the Sith, lol. Dooku, I hope you can get through to Obi-Wan, because I think Qui-Gon is going to kill you.

21. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow. Qui-Gon's a coupla starships short of a full armada huh? That's really sad. AND he killed Tahl.

I wonder, how did he bring Obi-Wan over to the dark side? Did he tell him that the Jedi killed Tahl and that was proof of their hypocrtitcal behavior? If so, what does that say about him now hmm? Poor Qui...

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Healer_Leona Qui-Gon's reputation as a rebel is not easily left behind!:D Thanks for reading.

JediMaster_Jen Well, I just love Mace Windu! He is very funny, even when he's not trying! :D Thanks for still reading this!

Kinwon now in bite sized, innocent form [face_laugh] I just loved that!

Kynstar Dooku can be very persuasive, but Qui-Gon is a little...well he's insane now. THanks for reading.

VadersMistress Now would I let anything happen to that sweet child? [face_devil]

SarkaVrae The Jedi's blindness is one of the things that annoys most, so I decided if I was going to make it an AU, why not really go out there!?

AnakinsHeir Probably wise not assume anything at this point! [face_devil]

Jemmiah Little Ani's fate hangs in the balance. We'll have to see who (and what) wins!

L:ayren You can always count on Qui-Gon to do what is NOT expected of him! :D

Master_Noi Dooku has a plan, but no telling if it's a good one. THanks for reading!

DreamOfKenobi Thanks! I liked writing little Anakin, but he's hard to get right.

AthenaLeigh Little Ani is drawn to the Force, but I bet someone could teach him to play with the dark side, too! [face_devil]

PadawanKitara He didn't have anyone following Obi, but I figure as someone who has dealt with hormonal teenagers for years now, he recognizes the signs of one who is sneaking off and being naughty! :p

SenatorLeia_73 Anakin doesn't know about his mother yet. We will have to see what that might do to him. :D THanks for reading.

LuvEwan Thank you! (I hope!) :D

LukesTheMan Thank you! O:)

SilSolo I had to put it in there somewhere! I liked the idea of Mace saying it!

The_Hutt Qui has issues, that's all I can so right now! :)

Odd-Thomas He's bad, yeah, but he'll get worse!

tangled_sphere Thank you! I love writing him.

AngelOfDarkness I liked the idea of the Force loving Anakin, and him feeling comfort in it. It seemed logicial if he was conceived by the Force and all!

sono-of-kenobi A post real soon, I HOPE! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Chani I hope so, too!

Kenwalker Wow! Thanks so much!

I'll get caught up on author's comments when I post the next chapter. It involves a lot of action, so I am having my daughter, VadersMistress, help me on that. She's very good at action, while I...am not! That is putting it nicely. :p

My deepest gratitude to all who have been reading, lurking or not! :D

23. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Qui-Gon is a little, uhm, how do I say this? Insane!

Yikes! A great chapter!

24. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    ?I?ll kill you for those words, Dooku, and smile while I do it!?

Yikes!!! That bit in particular had the hair on the back of my neck standing on edge. So, Qui-Gon at last has admitted the truth to himself and to Obi-Wan. Maybe the padawan will realise that it will be him next, or Anakin, if he doesn't make a stand now with Dooku! Scary, scary post! *bites nails nervously*

Brilliant! :) :) :)

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi_Chani Yep, that's about right. Crazy as a loon!

Jemmiah There is no one so blind as he who will not see, or something like that! Obi has some tough decisions facing him. Let's hope he makes the right ones.

A huge thank you to my daughter, VadersMistress who wrote the action sequence. She decided that was easier than coaching her dear old mom!

Chapter 23

You will stay where you are, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon sent to his apprentice. No matter what.

Yes, Master.

Dooku stared into the cold eyes of his former padawan, their lightsabers hissing as they met. He noted how eerie Qui-Gon?s face looked in the united colors of the blades. Qui-Gon smiled and feigned to the right, then brought his blade around in a wide arch, slicing at the older man?s legs. Dooku was pace ahead of Qui-Gon, however, and took a small step back, brining his blade over to block the maneuver.

Qui-Gon curled his lip and made a small movement forward, striking at Dooku?s abdomen. Dooku shifted his weight to his right foot and with a flick of his wrist, deflected the other?s blade.

?Afraid to fight back old man?? Qui-Gon asked coldly.

Dooku shook his head sadly. ?No, I?m not afraid. I don?t want to hurt you, padawan.?

Qui-Gon?s jaw clenched. ?Then why fight me? Why not end it here and now??

?Because I must do what is right.?

Qui-Gon sneered; Dooku saw his muscles tense slightly in preparation for his next attack. Dooku took a deep breath and took a side step to the left. He then switched his lightsaber to his right hand and raised the blade straight up, bringing it down in an arch, attacking Qui-Gon from the left.

Qui-Gon brought his knees up and flipped backwards, landing neatly on his feet. He raised his blade to a defensive position, just below his chin. ?Finally, I was beginning to think you had lost your touch--?

Dooku used the time during Qui-Gon?s comment to launch another attack on his Padawan, taking a small leap forward and landing directly in front of Qui-Gon. He then brought his blade up and feigned a strike at Qui-Gon?s knees, while launching the actual attack at Qui-Gon?s chest.

Qui-Gon, slightly shocked, was forced to take a step back. He lost his footing and fell to the floor with a loud thud. The breath knocked from his body, his lightsaber plummeting down to the floor.

?Master!? Obi-Wan cried, running towards Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon stood quickly, rubbing his chest, he said, ?No!? He waved a dismissive hand at his apprentice. ?No, Obi-Wan. This is my fight; mine and mine alone.?

Obi-Wan swallowed and nodded, returning to his original spot. He looked up at Dooku, noting the sad look of regret in his eyes.

Qui-Gon called his blade to him and smiled as his hand closed around the hand. ?You?re better than I remembered. I?ll keep that in mind as I kill you.?

Dooku shook his head. ?It doesn?t have to be this way. It?s never too late to come back to the Order,? he said, his tone gently pleading.

Qui-Gon?s smile disappeared abruptly as he raised his crimson blade. ?I will never go back.? He leapt high in the air, striking down as he descended upon Dooku.

Dooku?s face contorted with both frustration and effort as he raised his blade and met Qui-Gon?s with a loud hiss. They stood there, blades locked, staring each other down like a pair of rabid beasts. Dooku broke first, taking a large, graceful step back; sweeping his emerald blade to meet Qui-Gon?s oncoming crimson blade.

Qui-Gon spun on his heel and formed an arch as he brushed his lightsaber across Dooku?s middle, tearing at his abdomen.

Dooku grunted softly, his eyes wide with shock and pain. His face contorted slightly, then abruptly relaxed as death took a grip of him. He looked down at his wound, and then at Qui-Gon, his former Padawan who was smiling broadly as if he had just won a prize. Sickened, he turned to look at Obi-Wan, who stood frozen, mouth agape.

?Padawan?? he exhaled softly. Master Dooku crumpled lifeless to the floor;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.