main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Yoda knows! :) But can he save the Jedi, perhaps turn Obi-Wan again? [face_worried]

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi_Chani Thank you! :D Glad to disturb you, LOL!

AnakinsHeir I cannot tell you what Qui-Gon knows at this point. But things are going to start unraveling now, for everyone! Thank you for reading!

dianethx Thanks! This one seems to be writing itself quickly, I have all this stuff written and now I have to put it together in the proper sequence, sort of like a puzzle. An evil puzzle... [face_devil]

Master_Noi Yoda will certainly try to save the Jedi. But I don't know whether he will succeed or not. Actually, I do know, but I'm not telling! :D Thank you for reading!

Kynstar Wise, Yoda is! Thank you for reading, as always! I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

obi_ew You, suspicious? All shall be revealed soon, many of the crises are coming to a head now. [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

AthenaLeigh Thank you! [face_blush] I'm having such a great time writing this story, I'm glad to know others are enjoying reading it!

Jemmiah Wow! Thanks! That's been the interesting thing about writing it. Every time I come to a point where I have to make a decision, the characters just show me the way they want to go. Spooky, really.

jeday If anyone could save Obi it would be Yoda, but the handsome young Jedi/Sith may be beyond saving at this point. Thank you so much for reading!

3. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Ohh Obi and Qui-gon better be careful Yoda is catching on. And Obi better becareful keeping Ani a secret from his master.

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    The line about Qui-Gon falling in love--ooh, that was perfectly placed to give a little jab of shock and emotion. :eek: Wonderful work. [face_love]

5. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 8

Obi-Wan faced the huge Hutt with a nonchalant smile on his face. ?I warn you not to underestimate my power, Jabba.?

The Hutt laughed nastily. ?And what can a little thing like you do to me?? He pointed at the young man. ?Go tell your Master to come ask me for the money himself!? Jabba?s lackeys laughed. ?Tell him his mind tricks don?t work on me! And neither do threats from little boys!?

Obi-Wan smiled graciously. ?Unfortunately, my Master is busy with more important affairs at the moment. It would be easier for both of us if you would just do as you promised.?

Jabba turned to his right and made a particularly rude remark about Obi-Wan?s parentage before turning back. ?I don?t think so.?

Obi-Wan bowed respectfully. ?Very well, Jabba. You?ll pay the price for your foolishness with your life. But I gave you the chance to save yourself.? He smiled charmingly.

Jabba blinked nervously, perhaps for the first time sensing that the boy was no common messenger. He pushed aside that thought and ignored the young man waiting so patiently. Let him wait!

The Hutt grabbed a wriggling snack from the bowl by his side. He felt it slide down his throat with a satisfying struggle.

But then it got lodged there and he could feel it moving frantically. He moved his muscles, trying to move it down his throat, or even up. But it remained there. His eyes widened as he looked down at the young man standing before him.

Obi-Wan stared at him calmly. He lifted one elegant hand and wriggled his fingers. Jabba felt the creature in his throat dance in time to the young man?s motion. He tried to swallow or cough, but was unable to do so now. The boy turned around in a graceful circle, and Jabba felt the snack twirl inside of him, too.

The boy smiled one more time, a cold smile. He lifted his hand once more and waved farewell. Then Jabba knew nothing more.

Windu was at another meeting with the informant. Whatever information he was getting was apparently troubling him, but he had not shared any of it with the young Padawan. Obi-Wan didn?t particularly care, because right now he was basking in the glow of having achieved what his Master had told him to do. Master hadn?t really cared about the money so much as teaching Jabba, and any who took his place, that it was not wise to cheat a Sith Lord.

Obi-Wan left their room with the intent of downing a few drinks at the nearby cantina. Being on his best behavior every moment of the day was both trying and exhausting. He was not even able to safely refresh himself in his Dark Side powers. Windu was too powerful and observant to risk it. And he had to remember that his time alone could be over at any moment without warning. For now, it was easier to drink away his tension.

He entered the cantina and absorbed all of the anger and fear emanating from its inhabitants. A smile appeared on the handsome young face as he felt the invigorating waves of darkness flow over him. It was almost as good as meditating. He approached the bar and ordered a drink.

The band wasn?t bad and the other patrons left him alone, until a woman just a few years older than he was appeared at his side. She was tall and slim, her dark hair streaming down the length of her back. Her eyes were a brilliant green, and made even more vivid by her smooth, dark skin. She smiled at him, displaying a set of equally brilliant white teeth.

?Hello,? she purred in his ear. ?Lonely??

He stared at her for a moment and then shrugged. ?I don?t have enough credits.?

She pouted. ?That?s not very nice. How do you know I?m not just lonely??

He smirked. ?I?m sure that?s the case.? He pointed to a very portly man across the room. ?He looks rich enough to afford you.?

She grimaced. ?His type always is.? She leaned forward and her delicate perfume wafted up to tease him. He could feel the heat of her body pressed up against him.

?First, you do have plenty of credits. And second,? she said as she nipped at his ear, ?you

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! The fat blob is dead!!! *There was much rejoicing!* hehehe

Oh my! Qui is letting Obi have some 'fun' as an award? *SNRK!* Hehehehe how quaint! hehehe ;)

Great chappie!! Qui is evil! ;) Loving it! Loving it!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch7: I do wonder if it's in Obi-Wan's best interest to be taking the young, gifted slaveboy to his master. But then he had fallen in love and that changed everything. -- you have to expalin this VaderLVR!!! Arrghh, what's the mission?? I like how Obi-Wan does have many quewsations in his mind as to what may be going on. Wow... Yoda's actually managed to have a real revelation?? Sorry.. it's just the HIgh Council have been, probably unintentionally portrayed as not being able to find their lightsaber's in the dark. ;)

Ch.8: Well, he showed Jabba didn't he. LOL! Awww, isn't that sweet. Qui-Gon provided his apprentice with a little gift. That, was totally unexpected VaderLVR [face_laugh] Though I wonder if there's still something behind that??

Superb chapters.

8. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Great chapter VaderLVR!

Interesting gift Qui had for his apprentice. Also kind of his way of saying that he watching and knows what's going on. ;)

I like Qui's mindset of everything good coming from him so he can maintain control.

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Woah baby! Lucky girl!! :D [face_dancing]

Loved the way Obi taunted Jabba as he killed him. [face_devil]

10. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Boy, Obi-Wan was just plain toying with Jabba! I loved it! I like evil Obi almost as much as I like noble, caring Obi-Wan. I also like the fact that you update frequently, more to read! :D

A great story, so twisted and evil. I still am not sure who is going to survive this story, which makes it very interesting.

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I love your descriptions of Obi-Wan. He is the adorable, angelic charmer who happens to be pure evil. Ohhhhh

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow. Bad Obi--toying with Jabba like that.

Sarla--lucky girl, me thinks. [face_laugh]

13. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Tsk, Tsk Obi-Wan likes to play with the food! [face_shame_on_you] :D
    Liked the present. [face_laugh]

14. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Haha, that showed Jabba, icky thing that he is. Hmm, interesting means of control... effective though, it seems. Never ever thought I'd be cheering for the Sith. *shakes head* Shows what a good story this must be. :)

15. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I missed a chapter -- how did that happen? Ahh well I'm all caught up now -- WOW. Qui-Gon sent Obi-Wan a present eh? I'm quite glad Yoda is figuring what Obi-Wan is up to ... *muses* now the question is, is he really past the point of redemption?

16. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Obi-Wan stared at him calmly. He lifted one elegant hand and wriggled his fingers. Jabba felt the creature in his throat dance in time to the young man?s motion. He tried to swallow or cough, but was unable to do so now. The boy turned around in a graceful circle, and Jabba felt the snack twirl inside of him, too.

The boy smiled one more time, a cold smile. He lifted his hand once more and waved farewell. Then Jabba knew nothing more.

And you always told me not to play with my food! I loved it! Evil Obi is wonderful! [face_devil]

17. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I LOVE DARK OBI WAN!! And I love your story, VaderLVR!! This is fascinating! Extremely captivating! Wow! can't wait for the next installment!

18. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Whoa...missed two post! I liked how Obi took care of that slime Jabba! Just cause he couldn't be manipulated by the force doesn't mean his food couldn't be. And Obi's reward...lol! Even though he is evil, his reaction to it was funny! At least I thought it was [face_whistling] .

Great job and looking forward to the next post!

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, my. That was wonderful. Loved that Obi used the Force to kill Jabba by making something stick in his throat - neat and very deadly. And Obi's gift was... nice. That Qui would use sex to keep the apprentice in line was clever! And darkside. Loving this but I do wonder where we are going next!

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Kynstar Well, well like a pat on the back! Thanks for reading!

Healer_Leona I promise to explain about Qui-Gon and falling in love! And this Council seems to have some clue, but not sure if it will help them or not! Thank you for reading so faithfully!

Master_Noi Well, Obi-Wan did do his job well! :D Thanks for reading.

obi_ew That Obi-Wan is still a charmer, isn't he? Or perhaps just cruel. Thanks for reading this really twisted tale.

AnakinsHeir I've got the next chapter written and ready to go. Even the last chapter is written, I just have to fill in the spaces in between. I've got it all up here in my head. Scary, huh? Thanks!

PadawanKitara You described him perfectly! :D Thank you for reading.

JediMaster_Jen Yeah, I envy Sarla! Thank you for reading!

jeday Yeah, that's bad manners, isn't it? Thanks for reading!

AthenaLeigh I'm going to take that as a huge compliment! Thank you! [face_blush]

Layren Obi-Wan is definitely getting to that point, but we shall see what happens. Thank you for reading, as always!

VadersMistress ANY kind of Obi is wonderful! Thank you!

SarkaVrae WOW! Thank you so much! :D

JediVegeta Exactly! Our Obi is very resourceful, and just a bit cruel! Thanks for reading.

Dianethx Well Obi is about eighteen years old, and what else are human males that age interested in? [face_devil] Thank you for reading!

21. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    He knew that Obi-Wan had been frustrated by his orders to remain celibate until the time was right. He had been saving that experience for just such a time as this. It was just one more way to control the boy, to keep him bound to his Master. Everything good in his life flowed from only one source ? Qui-Gon.

Sarla would keep him busy and content for awhile. It did the boy good to be shown how much he was appreciated.

And to be reminded that nothing and no one was beyond his Master?s knowledge or reach.

That just shows how much Qui-Gon is controlling Obi-Wan, very creepy. Great story, though! :D

22. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Really enjoying this VL! Just caught up and lovin evil Qui and Obi. That last post- you caught me by surprise [face_laugh] Evil, evil Qui. Great job, VL!

23. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    And to be reminded that nothing and no one was beyond his Master?s knowledge or reach.

Evil Qui doesn't miss a trick, does he? I love this story, even more so because I can't predict what is going to happen next. I think I know and then WHAM, you fool me. Great story.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 9

Mace knew that Obi-Wan was not in their room when he returned. He flipped on his comm unit when he heard it chirp, and he knew immediately who was contacting him. Master Yoda had been most concerned and in almost constant contact for the last few days. He briefly reassured Master Yoda that all was well and then turned off the comm.

He understood Yoda?s anxieties; however, he was not ready to give up on Obi-Wan. He would not consider the young Padawan lost to the darkness until he was dead. As long as he lived, there was hope.

The boy?s behavior was still impeccably proper, but now that Mace knew what to look for it was becoming increasingly obvious that something was wrong with him. For one thing, it was not normal for a Padawan to have such well developed shields, especially against an experienced Master. Padawans did not usually have much to hide, certainly nothing that required the shields that young Obi-Wan could secure about him. It took time and experience to construct such firm shields, and no Padawan should have either at this point in their training.

Someone had deliberately taught Obi-Wan to create those formidable shields.

There was only one reason to have done so, and only one person he could think of who was outside the Jedi Temple that would have seen a reason to teach the boy. Mace was afraid that Master Yoda?s suspicions might be correct.

Qui-Gon Jinn did not seem to be content to destroy the Jedi through rumor and slander. He seemed to be intent on destroying it from within. Mace could not allow this to happen, not only for the sake of the Jedi, but because young Obi-Wan did not deserve such a fate.

Now he just had to figure out a way to save the Jedi Order and Obi-Wan Kenobi. He only hoped he would not have to sacrifice one to save the other.

The city was not dark, not even at this hour of the night. The lights below were twinkling up at him, reminding him of the jewels he once longed to drape around her neck. Most of the time he didn?t miss her too much, the wound was growing old and time had done much to heal it. But every now and then the longing to hear her voice, to feel the touch of her hand against his flesh would overwhelm him.

He would lock himself in his quarters at such times. He needed to be alone so that he could dive into the memories he had of her. If he closed his eyes he could pretend that she waited just behind him, her lithe form standing still as she waited patiently for him to gather his thoughts.

He would turn and she would give him a gentle smile, opening her arms just a bit in welcome. But she never made him walk to her; always she would glide toward him and wrap her strong arms around him. It was in her embrace that he would finally feel at peace.

Things could have been different.

?Do you understand what I need?? Obi-Wan asked, trying to contain his impatience.

?Yes, yes, I got it! I?m not some bantha brained idiot!? the man said.

I wouldn?t be so sure, Obi-Wan thought to himself. ?Good, I?ll be back in a few hours to pick it up.?

He left the shop and made his way to the place that beckoned him, or rather the person who called to him. He had visited the boy and his mother three times, and with each visit he established a new level of trust. He ducked through the doorway and was greeted with a warm smile.

?Obi-Wan! How nice of you to stop by. I know Anakin will be thrilled,? Shmi said as she walked from behind the counter, wiping her hands.

He smiled shyly and gave her a courteous little bow. ?Hello, I had a few free hours and I just thought I would see if there was anything I could do for you.? He offered her a small basket full of delicacies that no slave could expect. Anakin had a sweet tooth, and his mother liked being able to indulge him.

She blushed and for a moment she was quite pretty. ?Oh, you?re so thoughtful!? She shook her head in amazement. ?I don?t know what we did without

25. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

He would turn and she would give him a gentle smile, opening her arms just a bit in welcome. But she never made him walk to her; always she would glide toward him and wrap her strong arms around him. It was in her embrace that he would finally feel at peace.

Things could have been different.

Wow incredibly impressive. Even an evil Sith has a soft spot and he misses Tahl. Awwww. Makes me want to give evil Qui a hug :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.