main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga To Shine Against the Darkness - Winter Holiday Challenge - Obi-Wan/OC's during the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Tim, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Here's my offering in the Holiday Challenge contest. As a departure, I have decided to make this an Obi-Wan centered story.

The first post, unfortunately, was not as gripping as I wished, but the second and third shall be, I believe, more interesting. They are the body of the story, really. For now, I am setting the stage.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated!

-Tim

The candle in the window could be seen in the distance, a beacon of warmth and welcome to the weary travelers. They had been following the path of the main road throughout the night, forced to remain in the thick undergrowth alongside to stay out of sight.

For Istel was a dangerous planet, and the two men could not risk being seen. ?There is our destination,? Azadur, a tall human with long, dark hair and green eyes, said. ?We can stay there in safety for tonight, at least. The candle is a signal ? as long as it is burning, all is well. If there were trouble, it would have been extinguished.?

?Thank you,? said Obi-Wan. ?The Republic will not forget your efforts.?

Obi-Wan was indeed grateful. Azadur had led him two dozen kilometers across hostile countryside for three days.

Istel was a planet on the front line between Separatist and Republic controlled space, and possessed of abundant mineral wealth in the southern mountains of its main landmass. It was also situated near several important trading routes, and the Separatists were quick to invade such an important strategic location. Obi-Wan and Anakin had been among a starfighter squadron sent to reconnoiter the Istel garrison?s strength.

Obi-Wan and Anakin, assigned to the central sector, were ambushed by a hidden missile launcher and an enemy starfighter squadron. They managed to destroy seven of the enemy fighters, and Obi-Wan destroyed the missile launcher, but his fighter was hit, and badly damaged. Obi-Wan was forced down, and Anakin was unable to come to his rescue. Instead, Anakin managed to drive off the surviving fighters and circle Obi-Wan?s position until his fuel became dangerously low. Obi-Wan ordered his apprentice to return to base, and Anakin had done so only with great reluctance ? but not without reporting his downed Master?s last position.

Obi-Wan?s position was not as hopeless as it might have been ? if he could avoid being seen until a search and rescue party arrived. He had burned his crash-landed fighter, being careful to erase any information in the vessel?s computer which might have provided intelligence to the enemy, and begun to move across the grassy countryside. He had no idea where to go, except to get as far away from his downed fighter as possible, and avoid major cities and towns that might be occupied.

But one night, as he prepared to ford a small stream, he ran into a tall human male dressed in dark clothing. ?I am Azadur,? the man said, ?of the Resistance. I can help you.?

Obi-Wan was wary at first, his hand had moved to his lightsaber - but after careful scrutiny of the stranger, sensed no treachery in the Force, and had accepted his new guide. Azadur explained that there was a small farm village nearby that housed the local Resistance headquarters.

?The enemy is still concentrated in the cities, and in running the mines,? he explained. ?And they have enslaved those who they did not kill, forcing them to work in the mines and factories. But they do not command the country outside their garrisons. They can only send patrols, but it is only a matter of time before more of them arrive, and they will hunt us down too. But they will not find it to their liking ? not all of us are so easily conquered.?

He said little more about the subject, but Obi-Wan felt the man?s anger ? born of some deep sadness ? beneath his words. Obi-Wan did not ask him, but felt it would be better to let Azadur reveal his feelings in his own time. They had said little in their journey through the grass and scrublands, traveling by night and sleeping by day to avoid the enemy. But now they were almost at their destination.

Obi-

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Very interesting, Tim--can't wait to see what you do with this. :)

Poor Obi-Wan. :(

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LOL! Of course Darth_Tim would find a way to write space battles and tactical positions into a holiday story :p

Cool beginning! Will be interested to see how this goes! :D

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Nothing to worry about, Tim. Even your set up posts are great to read. I'm looking forward to parts two and three. But I may not be around a whole lot over the next few days, so if I'm not have a great holiday. :)

Cheers,

Shaindl

5. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    a-g: Thanks!

PLJ: Yeah, but in my defense, that's about as "tactical" as I get in this story.

Shaindl: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it thus far.

-Tim (hoping this will broaden his exposure a bit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.