main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho To Smuggle Spices (Collecting Thread!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Just curious what was going on in the collecting world.
    I just purchased the newest Vader Unleashed (not the Best Buy exclusive) off of E-Bay!
    I also recently purchased the Mace Windu Force FX saber, which gives me his, Anakin/Luke(EPIII) and Vader's.
    Dark Lord Rising is my newest book purchase. It may shock some fans to know that I haven't read the Thrawn trilogy, although I own them! I started on the first book like years ago but never finished it...I'll go back and reread them here soon!

2. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    I would like the new Republic Commando figure that has just been released or will be released soon.

I would think that Empire at War is my next big purchase of SW.

Dark Lord is a great read, Outbound Flight is getting better by the page. The Legacy of the Force series sounds incredible.

You should read the original Zahn trilogy QGJ it is after all one of the reasons the Prequels were made. Not to mention IMO the best of all the SW novels.

3. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    My collecting of Action Figures has been cut back a little, because of lack of funds[face_frustrated] (and lack of Action Figures on the rackso_O ).
    I have started collecting minis for the Star Wars Miniatures Game. The down side is that the minis are random. I'm trying to get a Rancor, but no luck so far, and I can't aford to just buy one on ebay(they're $30-$40). I have gotten an AT-ST and a Grand Admiral Thrawn mini! Also, I did buy a Mara Jade mini(and others) on ebay. Of corse, I have made many custom minis too[face_mischief]

4. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    is the minifig game any good?

right now my collecting of ANYTHING has gone down the drain due to the fact I spend $20 every 3 days on gas communting from Mountain Home into Meridian

though I WILL be buying Empire At War the very minute it's released

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Just purchased Outbound Flight. I'll give this a read and then start on the Thrawn series.

Dark Lord was great! I like how they deal with Obi-Wan finding out about Vader being alive, and speaking with QUI-GON!

Yeah, I'd highly recommend this read.

6. MutantMix

MutantMix Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Most of my SW collectables I lost in the fire that burned my house down in September. I didn't really have a place to put anything until I got my own place this week, so now I'll start replacing them and getting new stuff.

This might surprise you even more. I've never read any SW books. Crazy eh? My niece has a bunch but I've never picked one up before. Well I do have the D20 core rulebook, but that's it. heh.

Have any of you built your own lightsaber? My friend Brandon,( you might know him as Kenshin from fandemonium )made one and its really cool. I want to build one of my own.

7. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    An update on my post from this morning about Star Wars Minis:

I Got The RANCOR!!![face_laugh] I Got The RANCOR!!![face_laugh] I Got The RANCOR!!![face_laugh]
    :) :D [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D :cool:

The Minis them selves are great. I actually have not had an oppertuity to play the Game yet. I only just today got ahold of a Rule Book.

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Dan, you finally found the Rancor? Which bundle did you get it with? Where at? Congrats!

9. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Just purchased Outbound Flight. I'll give this a read and then start on the Thrawn series

Be sure to read "Spectre of the Past" and "Vision of the Future" and "Survivor's Quest" all SW Novels by Zahn before you read "Outbound Flight". I know it sounds like alot, but it will help you understand OF better. (If you need to borrow any of the above, I own them all).

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for dropping them off to me here at Cornerstone! I'm totally stoked to start reading them all!

11. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I HAVE SOME OF THE MINIS ALSO AND THE TWO PLAYER STARTER KIT WITH OBI AND GENERAL G.

I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO PLAY THIS GAME MAYBE THIS SOMETHING WE CAN BRING AS APART OF THE CLUB

12. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Out of curiousity, what do the mini packs cost?

13. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    has anybody ever tried the Trading Card game?
    got a couple of decks (light side and dark side)

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    depends average is 12 each bigger box ones 20

15. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks Ron.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    the card game i bought it once and could never figure it out maybe if some one showed me how to play other than me trying to figure it out on my own.lol

17. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Yes! Someone to play Star Wars Minis with!

Have you heard of Twilight Games? They're a small local game store, on Fairview and Five Mile, in the shopping center across from K-Mart and Savers. They opened in late Sept. and are very small, but they are closely involved with Fandemonium. I have gotten most of my SW Minis there, and when I was there on Wesnesday, I inspired one of the owners to schedule their frist Star Wars Minis Event for the 17th!

B.T.W. Twilight Games has the Universe Boosters for $16(incuding tax), most places have them for $19.99(plus tax)

18. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    If others are gonna play, I think I will buy some sets and play too. Something eles for me to dominate.

19. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Anybody know when that clone trooper (republic commando) figure is coming out?

20. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    in that case I'll bring my deck and teach ya

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    cool i would like to learn the TCG and want to play the mini game as well
    i have the 17th off this month for my B-Day got the 4 day weekend thing i willprob have to check this out also

22. Shumphrey

Shumphrey Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2006
    Hi, this is Sean Humphrey with Twilight Games. I didn't realize it at the time (and it is all my error), but there is a Fandemonium dance scheduled to be at Twilight Games on the evening I had decided for the minis event. I'm very sorry, but I will have to postpone it a week and a day, to the 25th, which is a Saturday. The event will start at 4:00. If there are problems with this I may reschedule it again.

Again, I'm very sorry.
    Sean Humphrey
    Twilight Games

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    [image=http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/2d/03/2f_1.JPG] I picked up two of these I know Dan is going to want one they are a limited edition rare.

It is the gunship from the clone wars animated serries.

24. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh I got me two Very Rare Minis yesterday

Baron Fel and Obi on the boga.

25. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Well I got a few things to comment on...
    This actualy works better for me. I don't usally work on Saturdays, and now I have more time to prepare[face_mischief]

Yeah, that Die-Cast Gunship is cool, but not as cool as the Action Figure sized one they're coming out with in May!
    So you got Baron Fel, well I have Wedge! We could biuld Rebel and Impeiral sqauds around them when we play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.