main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA To Sock, or Not to Sock...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    For the people that have never heard of this game before and would like some examples, please check out the previous sock threads: Sock Wars, The War of the Socks, Socks Annonymous and Preparation for "Curse of the Sock".

The basic idea of the game (and coz I'm lazy I've just stolen this from other versions) is that you create a sock with a name that suits the theme, and you have to act out that sock sticking to the theme.

A sock is a whole new username that you register in order to roleplay. Some people use a sock if they have been banned and are trying to be sneaky and get back on the boards. That's just stupid coz it doesn't usually work and it will increase your ban. But to make the boards a little fun, every now and again we have this sort of game.

The idea being to create a sock and roleplay it so well that no-one knows who you are. When the thread no-longer seems to hold people's interest we then guess which sock belong to which person. It's just a little bit of fun, seeing how good you are at guessing who's who.

I would like to make the game a little more interesting this time round, it is in it's 4th incarnation after all, but I am stumped for ideas. Are people interested in giving it a go this time? (The last incarnation failed because passwords weren't being sent out) Is there anything in particular you can think of to make it a little more interesting? Any particular scenarios you want to have involved? Any ideas whatsoever.

2. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I have no ideas but it sounds like a good idea.....does that make sense?

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    It makes sense. :) It's a fun little game. The first time we played it we actually had a meet with everyone involved and had to guess there. The other times people have just PMd me their guesses and stuff... I'm just fresh outta ideas for it at the moment.

4. barbarjinks

barbarjinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Oh boyo boyo! Meesa liken da bombad sock threads.

5. David_Attenborough

David_Attenborough Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2001
    I find them to be acceptable

6. Buzz-Lightyear

Buzz-Lightyear Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2002
    *Buzzzzzz*

7. Sheriff_Woody

Sheriff_Woody Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    THERES A SNAKE IN MA BOOT!!

8. Ok_smelling_jawa

Ok_smelling_jawa Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
  9. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmmm. Looks like all of those old socks that have been missing for a while have turned up!

10. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm willing to give it a go - didn't participate in the others.

11. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I got sooo many socks in my e-sock drawer but I cannot remember the user names!
    Dammit. I remember one of them was Spit-Roast :)

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Jawa! Stop it! :p
    And guys, we'd have to create a new sock, not just break out the old ones. Otherwise I'd have quite the army.

So we have 6 real people interested in the game so far, any more takers? And more importantly any ideas on what to do? Or should we just attempt the Curse of the Sock pirate idea? Or maybe a Discworld thing... Or something. Anyone?

13. Nice_smelling_jawa

Nice_smelling_jawa Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    me meeeee! Im real!

I think..

maybe not

(still cant get my passwords back, had this problem last time or I'd unleash more :( )

14. roger_the_cabin_boy

roger_the_cabin_boy Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    How can anyone be classified as real around here, I mean really...... [face_peace]

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll be in for this.

16. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hmm, I think I can come up with something for this one...

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I, too, will also be part of this.

...er, yeah. :D

(Hm. I wonder if Silvia Australia is still giving out free e-mail addresses...I think I'm up to charlesfarley4 over there... :D )

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, so we've got plenty of people interested but what about some ideas of what to do?

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    A space theme, given the successful arrival of the Titanic, er, Discovery?

20. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    definately a theme, hm, but what. Sci fi? Ol' Western? If you could be anyone else, who would you be?

etc etc

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm liking the Ol' Western idea, but what would you do for it? Go around pretending to be a cowboy? I dunno. Either way, it's not just my decision. I would like everyone here to be involved in picking a theme and everything so that we (hopefully) get one that everyone is interested in from start to finish. Post a scenario or something.

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    A couple of thoughts...

The Western theme:
    Welcome to the Fat Chance Saloon, where the Whisky, Beer, and Sasparilla are on tap and nobody is safe. The place has a combined barroom, upstairs rooms for...er...ladies of the night, a dancehall for the musically-inclined, and a stagecoach stop right outside. People's hats get shot off their heads rather quickly in these here parts. (And before anyone asks, I have first dibs on Doc Brown's sniper rifle.) :D

The Sci-fi theme:
    This is the Babblingon Forever space station, perfectly balanced between the two greatest sources of gravity the universe has ever known: a singularity (black hole, stupid! :D) and Michael Moore. There's docking stations, a colonnade, and lots of Jeffries Tubes for people to hide in and do pointless stuff inside.

The Superheroes theme:
    Welcome to Freedom City, USA! Here everyone's a superhero! It's the Golden Age of Comics! Men were Men! Women were Women! Nobody could end their sentences without an exclamation mark! The strangest powers abound, and anything can happen.

23. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    You forgot an exclamation mark! :p

I'm liking all three of those, but I think the superhero theme might be a bit easier. Does anyone else have any more scenarios? Any preferences out of those three?

24. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I can't decide.

I'll put a dollar each way on the western and superhero themes.

25. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like the superhero idea best. Less like anything we've done before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.