main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Spare His Heart. Angst* MUSH. Qui & Obi. **Ch. 7* updated 0516. Mush - party and all's well!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, gotta love angst. I love that Obi-Wan is getting the brunt of Qui-Gon's delirium. The words strung together and Qui thinking that he's being attacked. Poor kid, rushing away, knocking over the plant (good metaphor that) and not realizing that Qui-Gon is very ill.

Loved that Qui was confused when he woke earlier, thinking that someone needed forgiveness and not knowing who.

Great job. Looking forward to more drama and mush at the end... eventually.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Send him to me, I'll give him a hug! [:D]

?Master?? he tried again, and master, through the bond. ?Wake up, Master. It?s me, Obi-Wan, it?s a dream. Please, Master.?

?O-Ob?Wan?? he struggled. ?Pad?wan. No, not...mine. Never ? wanted.? And his head fell back against the pillow as Obi-Wan stared down at him in shock, wanting desperately to cry but too numb to do so.

?Never...wanted....Ob?Wan....Go...?way. Don?t...don?t want...betrayed me,? and the words were getting angrier and angrier, directed at him. His master opened his eyes and fixed him with a baleful look, and the flow of words only got worse. ?I don?t want you. You?re not him, you can never be him.?

Obi-Wan made a little ?oh? of protest and froze.

Rip my heart out and stomp on it, why don't you!? :_| :_|

Oh, and my mother said she sent the note and she can't help it if you lost it. [face_batting] See where I get my nasty attitude? ;)

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh no Obi-Wan!

Perhaps Qui-Gon was dreaming about Xanatos...

Those two really need a good heart-to-heart.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005

He fled, the words burning a hole in his heart, and in his blind rush, he brushed against the plant, knocking it to the floor where the bowl lay shattered and the plant dying, its roots torn from its stalk. A once living thing of beauty; now dying along with a young boy?s heart.

Wow that was very very sad, you almost had me in tears; which is quite an accomplishment!!!!!

5. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    I confess to having lurked.

That last paragraph was almost physically painful. You made me bawl. I hope you're happy!

Just kidding. Me likes it a lot.

I need more.

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oooh, Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, you are such a foolish young one...never believe what a delirious master says! I think he's going to need therapy after this. I DO look forward to seeing them straightening this up!

I hope one of the healers can do something for the plant.:_|

7. nvb

nvb Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Wow! I'm waiting breathless for the rest of the story....

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh! This is a wonderful story. I don't come into the "Before" forum much, but I will now. Can't wait for more.

Bravo! =D=

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    PA: Oh, poor, poor Obi-Wan. He wouldn't know who it was that Qui-Gon was mumbling about, and is just in the right frame of mind to get confused. What? [face_talk_hand] Feigns innocence ? you mean Qui-Gon was not talking about Obi?

Gkilkenny: But Qui-Gon was talking about Obi - at least in part.

Obi-fan_Kenobi: Your padawan suffers rigth now!!!! Then you should like this chapter!

Fifilla: hope he doesn't make anything stupid right now[/i} Uh, okay, skip this chapter.

Veloz : someone needs to really shake Qui Gon awake so he can fix this mess! Oh, eventually Qui will figure it out.

Sakura
    : Qui-Gon sure is going to be confused when he wakes up next time! Actually, Qui is going to feel betrayed even more ? the misunderstandings multiply!

Layren: In a way, Qui was speaking of Obi-Wan ? not just the way Obi thinks.

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Stupid Jedi always jumping to conclusions! Oh man, Obiiiiii What do you mean, jumping to conclusions? Obi has ears ? he heard what Qui said ? and Qui doesn?t lie.

Dianethx: Loved that Qui was confused when he woke earlier, thinking that someone needed forgiveness and not knowing who. Qui is no dummy ? something?s nagging at him, but he doesn?t know what or why. Before he figures it out, he?s going to get upset and angry with Obi. Tsk, tsk.

VaderLVR64: Rip my heart out and stomp on it, why don't you!? Oh, and my mother said she sent the note and she can't help it if you lost it. See where I get my nasty attitude? Scribbles through notes and PMs, hmm, let?s see, did I bury it down here? Note, note, where are you? Such a procrastinator, I am. Oh, and I like nasty.[face_batting]

Kelia: Those two really need a good heart-to-heart.[/i} We are talking two stubborn Jedi here. A good heart to heart talk will have to be yanked out of them.

Kenobiwanobi: aw, here?s some more tissues for you...dab those eyes, now.

-sithspawn-: That last paragraph was almost physically painful. You made me bawl. Here?s some tissues for you, too. Don?t drip over the keyboard.

Ardavenport: think he's going to need therapy after this. PLOT BUNNY! Up for grabs.

nvb: We?re getting near the end. Seven chapters total.

Jade_Pilot: Welcome to Before! I actually get my stories read here, so it?s become my second home. I disappear quickly in Saga. :_|

Chapter Five To Spare His Heart

Yoda was surprised when Obi-Wan asked for a meeting with him.

The young Jedi had been all too attentive to his master ? forced to his own rest ? yet now left his master?s side to seek an audience with Yoda himself. It wasn?t to discuss his actions, for they had already had this conversation and he knew the young Jedi?s mind had been put at ease.

He sensed the youngster was uneasy, determined, and hurting. Since he and Obi-Wan had always had some sort of connection, he found this unusual hesitation to speak puzzling, and the boy's shields were drawn tight against something.

?How is Master Qui-Gon faring, young Obi-Wan?? he asked, wondering if Master Jinn?s health was behind this meeting. ?Turn for the worse, he has not taken, has he??

Obi-Wan?s face seemed almost to crumple; Yoda could feel the effort that Obi-Wan made to smooth his face.

?He is still quite sick, but he will recover and his fever should break shortly according to the healers,? he said quietly. He looked at his hands and took a breath before raising his head to look Yoda in the eye.

?Master Yoda...I ? wish to be reassigned to another master if possible. I don?t think I can continue my training under Master Qui-Gon.?

Impossible, this is, Yoda thought. He knew the Force intended for them to be together. Instead, he said, ?Why say you this??

Obi-Wan was silent, gathering his thoughts. He doesn?t want me, I can never be what he wants ? I need his acceptan

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was such a brilliant post =D=
    So sad:_|
    My Glasses misted over reading it
    Poor Obi-wan every moment not discussing it makes it worse and poor Qui-Gon
    still too sick to realise something is wrong[face_worried]

Thanks Valairy_Scot for a wonderful story

@};-

11. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Splendid - and so, so sad...

They both suffer in silence.

And you're ending it here? We need an epilogue...

Amazing story=D=

Edit: Oh, phew. My browser wasn't full screen, so I thought it said this was the end[face_laugh]

12. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    So...

I was searching for some fanfics last night that I'd be able to read during my free time at school today. This is the first fanfic I came across that grabbed my attention. I've read some of your work before, so I decided to write this fanfic down and give it a shot...Boy, am I glad I did!

I don't even know what to say about this fanfic - it really REALLY tugs at the ol' heart strings. And my poor Obi, feeling lower than dirt right now in Qui-Gon's eye...I relaly hope things'll work out for those two - they're so much better together!

If at all possible, I'd love it if you could PM me when you update; I want to read it ASAP! :p Thanks!

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gkilkenny: Qui-Gon isn't that sick now, he just is starting to realize something is very wrong. But - once Yoda clues him in, will he resolve things?

-sithspawn -: I'm not ending it here, there's two more chapters!

UltimateObi=Wan-987: it really REALLY tugs at the ol' heart strings. And my poor Obi, feeling lower than dirt right now in Qui-Gon's eye...I relaly hope things'll work out for those two - they're so much better together! Ultimately, of course. The pain and anguish is to set up a sweet 'ol ending.

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job. I loved that Obi-Wan went to Yoda and really thought he was doing the best thing for Qui-Gon. Luckily the old troll knew enough to make sure it was merely a misunderstanding and not something more problematic.
    Loved, too, that Qui-Gon keeps waking up to hot food but no Obi-Wan. He must be using his powers to avoid his master.

Looking forward to more.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This story makes my heart hurt...:( :_|

Obi-Wan was silent, gathering his thoughts. He doesn?t want me, I can never be what he wants ? I need his acceptance. He needs to be free, to choose another who will make him happy.. I have hurt him ? I have betrayed him, and he will never forgive me.

?Master Qui-Gon has not accepted in his heart that his previous padawan is lost. He was not ready to accept another. I know that now. My...pairing with him causes him regret and pain.? He looked at his fingers, callused from so much training, usually a reminder of the many sparring sessions with his beloved master, now a reminder of the ache in his heart. Qui-Gon had never accepted him. He had never been sure, but now he knew.

:_| Poor Obi-Wan! How could anyone NOT want him? And when will he and Qui-Gon just realize they are meant to be together???? [face_shame_on_you]

You need to update soon! =D=

16. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Aw, poor Obi-Wan. :( He's so quick to believe that Qui-Gon has rejected him . . . poor buddy needs about a million hugs. So sweet of him to keep taking care of his master, though. But they really need to talk.

And poor Qui-Gon, too, feeling guilty and not being able to catch his Padawan to apologize.

I'm loving all of your updates! Keep it up!

17. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear talk about upping the angst factor there. So sad .. poor Qui ready to apologize and he doesn't have a clue what his padawan has requested... poor both of them. They need hugs.

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Oh my poor Obi and haha qui-gon....(even though i do feel sorry for him too) Amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!~*thanks for the tissues*-lol-

19. Obi-fan_Kenobi

Obi-fan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2006
    Absolutly brilliant!!!!!=D= =D=

That was so saaaaaaaadddddddd!!!!!!:_| :_| :_| :_|
    Poor Obi! Please!Somebody has to do something.
    Qui-Gon better finds him before something happens and show him that he cares. Come on, he's your Padawan, do something!!!:mad:
    The good new is: Yoda knows there is a problem and now Magic-Yoda can make things better as he always does.

Hope you will post soon.

20. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Well, that was really stupid, Obi-Wan!!! [face_shame_on_you]
    They really need to talk - it's your task to force them to do it, Valairy_Scot! And perhaps Yoda can help you?!

21. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Obi-Wan is convinced that he's unwanted and Qui-Gon feels lonely. :_| I've been lurking here a bit. The only thing that gives me heart for these two is that Yoda can tell that there's a misunderstanding going on somewhere. I look forward to seeing the poor tragic circumstances mended! Somebody's got to get these two to talk.

22. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    When he woke, he smelled food ? hot and good ? waiting for him. He padded out to the common room. ?Obi-Wan,? he called, smiling at the thought of seeing the young companion he sorely missed, only to stop short as he saw the tray of food waiting for him. But no Obi-Wan held it. It sat on the table, alone.

Waiting for one confused and lonely Jedi master.

My heart just broke! :_| :_| :_|
    Why can't Qui-Gon go after Obi? Go get him! :_| Do you have any glue for my heart?

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Dianethx: Luckily the old troll knew enough to make sure it was merely a misunderstanding and not something more problematic. Loved, too, that Qui-Gon keeps waking up to hot food but no Obi-Wan. He must be using his powers to avoid his master. You might be surprised at how Yoda handles this, but as in many things, the Force leads him to what he does, and his usual cryptic advice will set things right.

VaderLVR64: Poor Obi-Wan! How could anyone NOT want him? And when will he and Qui-Gon just realize they are meant to be together???? In two chapters, I promise. But I have another story up (AU) that has Qui just revealing his feelings.

Tears of the Force

Maychorian: He's so quick to believe that Qui-Gon has rejected him. Well, all the facts do seem to indicate that Qui has rejected him after all. Obi isn?t stupid, and he got that backlash through the bond. The bond does not lie, you must understand. But they really need to talk. They?re both too stubborn to talk, and the Force has to hit them over the head in the end. And poor Qui-Gon, too, feeling guilty. Guilty now, upset and mad later, then...

Layren: They need hugs. Two more chapters, and hugs.

Kenobiwanobi: yeah, lots of tissues needed lately in my stories.

Obi-fan_Kenobi: The good new is: Yoda knows there is a problem and now Magic-Yoda can make things better as he always does. Yoda?s ?help? will probably seem contrary to good sense.

Fifilla: Well, that was really stupid, Obi-Wan!!! I keep saying Obi isn?t stupid. He has a reason to believe what he does. So he?s wrong ? he doesn?t know that. The evidence supports his beliefs.

Ardavenport: the Force will back up Yoda?s advice, but it?s close. Real close.

LilQui-Gon: Why can't Qui-Gon go after Obi? Go get him! Do you have any glue for my heart? Sorry, but Qui is stubborn and doesn?t even know the problem yet, and once he does, he?s so upset at Obi that he doesn?t stop to ask why Obi wants to be released. Such lovely angst.

We end with the last cliff-hanger of the story.

Chapter Six Broken Hearts and Broken Dreams

He was still alone, a master adrift without his padawan.

For several years now, they had been a team. Jinn and Kenobi. Master and padawan, companions-in arms, even friends. He had grown comfortable with Obi-Wan at his side. Now, the empty spot at his side was an aching reminder of what he had come to rely on.

The sight of Obi-Wan's first grin of the day, after the sleep was rubbed from his eyes, started his morning. The whispered, "good night, master," was a quiet end to an often hectic day. His day began and ended with his padawan, no matter their paths during the daytime hours.

Now his day was empty, as was the day before, and perhaps the day to follow, all for the lack of his personal individual sunrise and sunset, the quiet moments he so cherished in a life filled with so few.

And Qui-Gon was at a loss as to the reason why.

While he didn?t understand what was going on, he knew that something was very wrong. Obi-Wan seemed to be avoiding him, while at the same time still trying dutifully to take care of him. Such a thing had never happened, and he wasn?t entirely convinced such a thing could happen. But something strange was going on, and he had a feeling that he wouldn?t like to know what. He had no idea what was wrong or how to fix it, if so.

He hadn?t seen Obi-Wan in two days now, and he was starting to get worried. Really worried, for there was always fresh hot food waiting for him at mealtime, or a pot of hot tea when he awoke from his nap.

Try as he might, he could not catch Obi-Wan, or even a sight of him. There was only the merest hint of his Force signature, as if he slipped in and out quickly. This was no prank, he was quite sure. Obi-Wan would never d

24. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Ooh, why do you leave such a a horrible cliffhanger???

I hope that those two can talk some sense into one another, even if it means both of them have to get down own their knees and beg for forgiveness! It's just not right seeing them apart from eachother - they're meant to be a team, we all know it! So let's keep them that way...please??????????

25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Stubborn old fool !!![face_not_talking]
    Stubborn young fool!![face_not_talking]

And who said we wanted a cliffie!

NOT I!!:mad: :D

But cliffies do make me want to read more=D=

Finally Yoda steps in.

Maybe he should mediate their talk, because
    both Qui and Obi

Need help!![face_praying]