main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Spare His Heart. Angst* MUSH. Qui & Obi. **Ch. 7* updated 0516. Mush - party and all's well!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I am young as is Obi so I know how stubborn we can be....evil evil cliff-hanger though :(...anyway great job on another perfect post!!!!~

2. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Darn I thought I'd replied to the last post!
    Loved them both!! Poor Qui, so bewildered, and obi hurting so badly that he'll give up his dreams for his master's sake, whilst his master definately does not want him too!!

I can't believe you stopped there! Ah well, at least they're finally going to talk to each other both being lucid! Hurrah! Hurry up and fix it qui! [face_praying]

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Such a cliffie you left us with! I loved the introspection of how Qui-Gon was missing Obi-Wan, concerned and confused about what had happened. I especially loved this

But fear he did, for his missing padawan. Inexplicably missing, and dearly missed.

Pretty much said all about their relationship. Poor Qui-Gon so confused and Yoda telling him something that was so shocking. And Obi-Wan so determined to let Qui-Gon be free of his "pain".

Looking forward to seeing them resolve this. Great job.

4. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Idiot Jedi[face_frustrated] And it's still hurting them so badly...

Nothing a nice long talk shouldn't solve...I think - you never know with those two.

[sarcasm]Nice of you to cut it off there.[/sarcasm]

Wonderful post, but I need more.

5. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Now his day was empty, as was the day before, and perhaps the day to follow, all for the lack of his personal individual sunrise and sunset, the quiet moments he so cherished in a life filled with so few.
    I love that sentence, very touching!
    Very nice chapter with a really evil cliffhanger - please update soon! [face_praying]

6. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Och! What a cliffie!

My goodness, this story is making my eyes a bit watery here. This must be avoided at all costs! But what a wonderful story it is. Soo... here comes the part where Qui and Obi make up. And then follows the MUSH! Yes!

Beautiful post, thanks so much!

-rabideuphonium

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

But fear he did, for his missing padawan. Inexplicably missing, and dearly missed.

Awww that just about broke my poor heart. They have to resolve things soon ... poor Qui so confused and not even knowing what he said. Looking forward to the mush :D

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh dawd! this is THE cliffhanger! :oops:

I hope these two clear up the misunderstanding and go back to been Master and Padawan.. i cant stand to see Obi sad :_|

Tnx a lot for the pm and i'll def be looking forward to the next one! :D

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Aw, too much angst! :_|

Please can you pm me with updates...I got so behind [face_blush] ...

Lovely job with this - I look forward to a mushy ending!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm about to give Jinn a swift, hard kick in his lovely posterior! [face_frustrated]

?Concerned for you he is. Asked, he has, to be released from your instruction, a new master to seek.?

This wasn?t just ?not good;? this shook his entire being. Obi-Wan knew the consequences ? should another master not step forward and accept him, Obi-Wan might as well resign from the Order and leave it ? him ? behind forever.

?But ? but why?? he whispered. Not even Xanatos? turning had shocked him to this degree.

?Speak to him you should, find out what is in his heart,? Yoda said cryptically. ?Let him know what is in yours, you should.?

?My heart?? Qui-Gon stared in astonishment. ?I don?t understand?I?ve been sick, what does my heart have to do with anything? What has happened ? has something happened to Obi-Wan??

?In good health he is, but in his heart ? a wound he has taken,? Yoda answered calmly. ?Heal it you can, if you wish to. Send him in, I will.? With that, the little master took his leave, leaving a sorely puzzled Jedi Master behind.

Meaning, FIX IT, JINN! [face_praying]

11. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    GAH!

and I say again

GAH!

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ultimate Obi-Wan_987: hope that those two can talk some sense into one another, even if it means both of them have to get down own their knees and beg for forgiveness! Hey, how?d you know they?d end up on their knees?

Gkilkenny
    : Finally Yoda steps in. Maybe he should mediate their talk, because both Qui and Obi Need help!! Yoda perhaps should have mediated this; his tactic almost backfired. Thankfully the Force kicked Qui in the head. Or heart. Maybe both.

Kenobiwanobi: one can be stubborn at any age. The older you get, the more folks give up on changing you.

Stella_Ripple: Poor Qui, so bewildered, and obi hurting so badly that he'll give up his dreams for his master's sake, whilst his master definately does not want him too!!
    Yeah, they care so much they just about ruin everything. Dare I say it ? men! (just joking, men.)

Dianethx
    : Poor Qui-Gon so confused and Yoda telling him something that was so shocking. And Obi-Wan so determined to let Qui-Gon be free of his "pain". Yeah...such a sweet boy.

Sithspawn
    : Nothing a nice long talk shouldn't solve...Heck. Just speaking resolves things.

Fifilla: Now his day was empty, as was the day before, and perhaps the day to follow, all for the lack of his personal individual sunrise and sunset, the quiet moments he so cherished in a life filled with so few. I love that sentence, very touching! Funny thing, I added that sentence as I was posting this completed story. The Force was with me.

Rabideuphonium: Och! What a cliffie! My goodness, this story is making my eyes a bit watery here Passes the tissues.

Layren: They have to resolve things soon ... poor Qui so confused and not even knowing what he said. Qui will eventually remember and feel quite dreadful. [face_devil]

Veloz: I hope these two clear up the misunderstanding and go back to been Master and Padawan.. i cant stand to see Obi sad. All's well that's been milked of as much angst as one can wring out of one little 'ol story.

Kestrel_Kenobi: Can there ever be too much angst?

VaderLVR64: Sure, go ahead and kick Jinn in the last part to enter a room.

Kateydidnt: Gah. Okay. The end.

Chapter 7 Let Your Heart Speak And All Will Be Well

?Padawan,? Qui-Gon nodded coolly, as Obi-Wan entered the room, flushing a bit but with his head held high. He couldn?t believe what Yoda had told him, yet here was his padawan, no bright eyes flashing at him, an air of - almost, defeat ? about him. Hurt, perhaps he expected, but ? defeat?

At first he wanted to jump to his feet and hug the young man close, ask his forgiveness for the harsh words he had flung at him ? then he remembered that Obi-Wan was hurting him, betraying him. He was the one wronged. The Jedi master was suddenly angry, but struggling to understand what had suddenly gone so wrong between them.

?Thank you for making me comfortable.? He had to take refuge in small talk for he honestly had no idea what he wished to say, or how to reach this young man he had thought he had known so well ? one who now wished to leave him. He felt like a dagger had been stuck in his heart and twisted, and Obi-Wan seemed not to know it. His cool blue-gray eyes merely looked at Qui-Gon without expression ? those eyes that usually danced with mirth or looked so earnest in thought.

?Yoda said you wish to be released,? Qui-Gon said calmly, though inside his heart beat frantically, asking why, why? ?I would like to know your reason, before I can consider giving my consent.?

Obi-Wan actually flinched; lashes dropping to hide his eyes, to hide a hurt he didn?t wish to reveal. But the dropping of his chin, the blood rushing from his face to leave it pale and still, rang warning bells in Qui-Gon?s mind. Obi-Wan was upset. Obi-Wan didn?t really wish for this to happen, though it was by his own request. It was his master?s apparent cal

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

:D Oh so brilliant=D=

That was a lovely ending, they found themselves in
    amongst their pain

Well done =D=

14. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    This was a beutifully happy ending to another flawlessly perfect post...amazing job, I really enjoyed this thank you!!!~

15. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Yay!

Mushy Qui/Obi, and all is well in my universe.

[face_hug]

Now to conquer my finals. :p

16. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Yay, they stayed together, THEY STAYED TOGETHER!!!!!!! :D

I'm so glad that those two actually decided to TALK to eachother instead of making incorrect assumptions - just goes to show you how dangerous assumptions can be, it almost ruined one of the best Jedi teams! Hmmm, should I be taking notes???

Thanks for writing this story, it certainly is one I won't soon forget!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    At last! Vadey sighs happily [face_love] [face_dancing]

So be it. Neither of them would speak what was in their hearts; their eyes would not meet in sudden understanding. The bond was already smothered in hurt silence.

That silence between them hovered, grew, stifled the words either might have spoken. Impasse. Finality.

Ob-Wan raised his head and his lashes blinked against tears.

For a minute, a heartbeat and more, the two merely looked at each other. Neither could find words to breach the growing distance between them. That lack of words would be the final cut, they both knew. Time stilled, yet still it passed, until, with a pained swallow, Obi-Wan turned to leave. Qui-Gon watched him go, each step taking him further and further out of his life, away from him ? and he knew he couldn?t just let it end like this.

However much it might hurt, he had to know why. Why was Obi-Wan?s hand on the hilt of the dagger stuck in his heart? Why was Obi-Wan leaving him?

Beautiful, simply beautiful! =D=

18. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww yay![face_dancing]

This was very beautiful! :_|

Very great job with these characters, and this was such a fantastic and touching story .. tnx a lot for sharing it! :D

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was really sweet. I loved that the Force was telling him to open up his heart or lose Obi-Wan forever. Both stubborn, indeed. In many ways, they are too much alike...LOL.

Great job.

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Awwww. [face_blush]

They were two Jedi, joined by heartache and pain. Two Jedi, who needed each other, and couldn?t - wouldn?t say so.

There was so much truth to that passage. I loved that bit especially. Wonderful job, Valairy. =D=

21. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    *peaceful smile*

Blissfully mushy, light and airy ending...[face_love]

A beautiful conclusion to an amazing story.

22. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    *sniff* I'm a sucker for a good and mushy Qui/Obi story, and you're writing is beautiful. I look forward to reading more from you.

23. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwww .. such lovely mush.. [face_love] *Happy sigh* Just what I need to combat this horror of a week next week.

24. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    ?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon whispered. "I should have opened my heart to you long ago, but I was afraid."
    Finally he understood!

Great work, very nice mush! =D=
    And they are happy together again [face_dancing]

25. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    That was GREAT! :D =D= =D= @};- [face_love] @};- [face_love] [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.