main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To spoil or not to spoil

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I am curious as to everyone's thoughts about spoilers. I think TFN handles it pretty well - if it is announced on the official site it is no longer a spoiler. I avoid the biggies such as -

"At the end of AOTC Anakin cuts off Jar Jars head"

..but I do like getting "little" tidbits. Usually you can tell from the subject of the news item on TFN what the "spoiler factor' (SF) is.

I was a bit miffed at the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal a couple weeks ago when they appeared to reveal some rather major plot lines in a news article. I averted my eyes just in time.

I am also trying to decide what I will do with Episode III spoilers. Since this is the last one <sob> I want to get the most out of it when it arrives.

2. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I guess, I'm kind of neutral about it.. I read just about every spoiler for TPM and it wasn't that bad when I watched the movie.. But this time I've not looked for spoilers (of course, I've ran into a few and read them)..

It upsets me to know the newspapers are filling the public's ears with SW spoils. Spoilers should remain on the web..

~ That's just my opinion...

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Make sure that you have *******SPOILERS******* in the title of any thread you start if you will be discussing spoilers.

4. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    For Star Wars, I cannot stand spoilers. I bought TPM novel when it came out just to have to read after I saw the flick. Unfortunately, when I bought the soundtrack for TPM, on the back is the title of a track "Qui-Gon's Death" or "Qui-Gon's Funeral" or something like that. It drove me nuts!! I seriously know next to zip for this new movie. I have seen the trailers and that is all! Sometimes I'll catch a new name of a character here and there, but I don't go searching for anything. I bought "The Approaching Storm" and I know some names appear in that as well, but for the most part, I don't know a darned thing about AOTC, and I plan to keep it that way (easier said than done <cough> Celebration II <cough>).

5. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    You got that right.. Who knows what we'll find at SWC2.. But I'll be ready..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.