main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To Stop the Suns from Setting (PT AU) Huge announcement 5/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
  2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
  3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Hello all.

I suppose you have all guessed by now that I'm not going to be finishing this story. :(

I never really wanted to actually state that I was done with writing Star Wars fan fiction, especially this story, because I was hoping that my interest in the fandom would somehow reawaken ... but it's been a year and it hasn't. I feel that I owe a more detailed explianation for leaving.

Frist, as much as I hate to say it, I thought AotC was a horrible movie. I tried to like it, I really did, but it still screwed up my love for both Anakin and Padme. I choose to ingore it for awhile, adding depth to my characters that wasn't present in the film. But it's not really fan fiction when you are making up your own versions of the charcters, is it?

Secondly, and probably the greater reason, is school. I graduated this Spring with a BA in Classics from USC and decided that, instead of teaching high school Latin, I would continue my studies and work towards a Ph.d. I can't think of many things more difficult than that choice. I was required to complete a year's worth of anicent Greek in eight weeks over the summer and will have to be attending Greek and Latin classes for the next year at UCLA. From there, I'll be going to grad school. Granted, UCLA is a painfully easy school, but, since I'll be commuting four hours a day and taking graduate level class, I'll have very little time to sleep, let alone write. Wherever I decide to go to grad school will also be tough going, as I still have to learn how to read french and german.

I really enjoyed my time(s) at the JC. You all were really great readers, writers, and friends. I noticed a few of you also have pretty colors on your names, so congrats for that. I hope everybody keeps on writing. As for me, I have a few orginal projects I work on in my spare time, so don't worry. (One which involves detailed knowledge of Greek, so that gives me some motivation for hanging in there.)

I still can't decide what to do with this story. I really enjoyed working on it and I'd hate to lock it. Perhaps some of you could offer suggestions?

MTFBWY ...

PA :cool:

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Miss you, Jayen *hugs* :).

You take care of yourself! Best of luck towards that PhD. Your career choice sounds absolutely thrilling to me. We?ll have to keep in touch ? yes? :D

With love,

Am [face_love]

Edit: forgot the radical smilies ;).

5. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I'm saddened by your departure, and I truly enjoyed reading your work. I read Destiny again over the summer, and it's by far one of the best stories I've ever read. All the emotions I felt when I read it the first time came back stronger than ever, and I'll keep reading it as long as I stay addicted to SW.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do in your future, and MTFBWY always. :D

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised :( Damn, I really wanted to see this story finished :_| Good luck on the PhD, you are gonna need it :) God bless.

7. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I certainly thank you for the time you put into writing this. I understand your concerns about the movie and the lack of muse in the SW fanfiction area. Sometimes you just run out, I certainly have had that happen in numerous fandoms. I commend you for taking on a Ph.D program and I wish you luck!

PSK

8. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hmmm If it it's okay i wouldnt mind having a try at continuing this fic?
    Can i?

9. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi all! :)

This is just to let everyone know that this story has has indeed been continued over on the Saga board: To Stop the Suns From Setting. The story has a new post up on page four.

I wasn't going to unlock and post in this old thread, but I wanted to make sure that any old readers that hadn't been aware of the repost would know.

Thanks ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.