main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends To the End of Their Days (A/T) ** Ultimate Challenge Entry ** (3rd Place!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Title: To the End of Their Days
    Author:Kidan
    Characters: Anakin Solo/Tahiri, Anakin Skywalker, Palpatine
    Genre: Time Travel
    Summary: Anakin an Tahiri travel to the past, and decide to stop Anakin Skywalker from becomeing Vader
    Notes: Usual disclaimers apply. Written for the Awesome Challenge Thread's Ultimate Challenge
    Anakin/Tahiri has a mission to accomplish. They must travel back in time, and prevent Anakin Skywalker from joining the Dark Side. You may choose how the conflict starts, and ends, however...

The Work Must begin with:
    The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in each other's warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when...
    And Must End With: And they all lived happily ever after, to the end of their days.
    Phrases You Must Use Are: (required phrases highlighted)
    • Kriff it!
    • How could you?
    • What now!?
    • I hate you!
    • I love you!

[b]
    To the End of Their Days[/b]

The two lovers were as happy as they could be, basking in each other?s warmth and embrace, enjoying the immense pleasure that only they could, when the speeder crashes through their wall. Startled, Anakin rolls Tahiri and himself off the bed, shielding her with his own form. As the dust and rubble settles, he stands up and carefully makes his way over to the speeder. Looking inside he is shocked, for he is staring at himself.

Frowning slightly, he opens the door, watching as the other tumbles out and falls to the floor. He is disheveled and his eyes are bloodshot. Looking up, a lopsided grin slides to his face. ?Thank the Force, I made it.?

He reaches out and passes a small device to Anakin. ?Here, take it, go back and stop all of this from happening.?

As soon as Anakin takes the device, the other disappears, not with the gentle fading of a Jedi Master dying, but with a soul wrenching scream, as his composite atoms were dissembled.

Tahiri comes up behind him, and places her hand on his shoulder. ?What is it??

Anakin looks at the box through half-lidded eyes, letting the Force tell him what it is, what it means, and how to activate it. Unfortunately, all he gets from the Force is how to activate it. Shrugging, he twists the box open, looking at the small buttons that he feels he should press to turn the device on. ?I?m not sure, but you turn it on by doing this.?

Pressing the buttons, a bright light flashes out from the device, engulfing the two lovers. As the light fades, they drop to the floor, and Anakin feels an overwhelming urge to throw up. Instead he curses. ?[hl=yellow]Kriff it![/hl]?

Tahiri looks scandalized. ?I thought you weren?t going to use that type of language anymore.?

Then suddenly the lights in the building dim, as an explosion rocks it. Anakin stumbles over to the window, noticing the capital ships in orbit fighting it out, even as one of them rips through the atmosphere, leaving a burning trail of wreckage as it speeds on its way towards the industrial area, north of the Senate District.

Tahiri flips on the holonet, and starts listening to the news report about the battle, as Anakin comes over and joins her, wrapping his arms around her thin form. Together they listen to the report, each mirroring the confusion the other feels. ?repeat, the Separatists have attacked the capital and kidnapped Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The Senate District has numerous fires, and the Jedi District is in shambles. Though we are now starting to get reports that the Hero Without Fear, Anakin Skywalker, and the Negotiator, Obi-Wan Kenobi, are on General Grevious? battleship in a daring rescue attempt.?

Anakin reaches out suddenly and turns off the holonet, a strange light in his eyes, as he turns towards Tahiri. ?We?re in the past!?

Tahiri frowns, as she considers what the reporter had said, and then sadly nods her head, agreeing

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D= I'm too tired to leave a more coherent review, but =D=

Anakin stands in the doorway, listening to the story as he watches Tahiri sit on the edge of the bed reading to their daughter. His smile grows larger as she reaches the climax, and together mother and daughter say the final line of the story, each of them wearing matching grins.

?And they all lived happily ever after, to the end of their days.?

PERFECT ending. :D

3. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    Anakin frowns. ?Oh. And no I wasn?t listening. I was always watching you.?
    let's all say it together now...awwwww, isn't he adorable!!!!!

very good entry, but as i am to judge i won't say anymore!

DS

4. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    VaderLVR64
    Wonderful! =D= I'm too tired to leave a more coherent review, but =D=
    Thanks!!!

PERFECT ending. :D
    Aye...it is perfect....maybe because Anakin's alive an with Tahiri..

mastermeg_0228
    let's all say it together now...awwwww, isn't he adorable!!!!!
    "awwwww, isn't he adorable!!!!"

very good entry, but as i am to judge i won't say anymore!
    thanks and oki dokie...

5. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Great job man, I usually don't read anything in this forum but I followed the link and I'm glad I did. This is a great entry to this challenge good luck, I hope you win.

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    CodyMonKenobi
    Great job man,
    Thanks!

I usually don't read anything in this forum but I followed the link and I'm glad I did.
    Well there's plenty more in here that read just as good as this...and then there's plenty more that read better...i love the beyond board... ;D

This is a great entry to this challenge good luck, I hope you win.
    :eek:Wow! Thanks!!

7. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    =D= Lovely entry, Kidan!!! I like how you gave a bit more information than the others.
    Yes, you have a great chance of winning! :D

C @};- S

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Nice entry!

Tahiri stands there for a moment, biting her lower lip, deciding if she really wants to do this. Then shaking her head in defeat she calls out, ?Wait up Heroboy.?

Love the humor! =D=

9. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Nice entry Kidan.

I am curious how killing his grandfather changed the flow of time though . . . And what his 'double' was doing coming to the er... time that Anakin was in.

Other than that confusion, I loved it.

Especially the part where they stayed in the past and ended with a storybook line . . .

Great job again.=D=

10. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Kidan

cute story ? at times confusing with two Anakins ;) :)
    like how Tahiri turns out to be the more reasonable one

~ Mags ~

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Courtney_Solo
    =D= Lovely entry, Kidan!!! I like how you gave a bit more information than the others.
    Thanks!

Yes, you have a great chance of winning! :D
    [face_blush] I just think you're trying to make me blush....:p

Jade_Pilot
    Nice entry!
    Thanks!

Love the humor! =D=
    :confused: I don't remember any humor... but thanks!

Kissa
    Nice entry Kidan.
    Thanks!

I am curious how killing his grandfather changed the flow of time though . . . And what his 'double' was doing coming to the er... time that Anakin was in.
    Other than that confusion, I loved it.

Well vader's and palpatine's death would have had these consequences:
    No Empire
    No Order 66/Purge

Which in turn means that Luke an Leia would probably have been raised as Jedi, according to the OJO's rules and regulatiosn regarding attachements. Which means no marriage to Han, no Solo twins and ultimately no Anakin....

Then, becase there was not a massive build up of armed forces during the Empire, when the Vong came in....well the Old Republic would have been a LOT less prepared than the NR was.....

Especially the part where they stayed in the past and ended with a storybook line . . .
    Well, I had originally thought of sending them back forward in time, so that we got to find out what I just told you above...but it didn't work out that way...

Great job again.=D=
    Thanks! again

Maggy
    cute story ? at times confusing with two Anakins ;) :)
    Aye, that was hard to keep track of, I tried my best to keep the confusion as low as possible....but i couldn't dispell it completely...

like how Tahiri turns out to be the more reasonable one
    Tahiri was quite often the more reasonable one in the JJK books...[face_laugh]

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    And this is why I stalk you. Absolutely loved it. =D=

As the dust and rubble settles, he stands up and carefully makes his way over to the speeder. Looking inside he is shocked, for he is staring at himself.

Wow. That must have been weird.

Tahiri looks scandalized. ?I thought you weren?t going to use that type of language anymore.?

She's a pistol. I'm just saying.

Anakin shakes his head. ?No, we?re here, we?re Jedi, we have a duty to act to preserve life.? Then with a wave of his hand, he starts towards the door. ?Come on!?

Spot on Anakin here. And Tahiri a moment later when she decides to join him.

Tahiri screams out. ?Anakin, what have you done!? You killed your grandfather! How could you??

Ouch. Talk about full circle, Anakin Skywalker's namesake being the one to take his life.

Anakin looks around the destroyed office and then picks Tahiri up and carefully cares her out, intent upon taking her suggestion from now on and finding a small desolate corner of nowhere to live their lives.

I guess they don't go back, huh? Well, it's better here, since Anakin can live a long life now and not get killed off, like in profic.

Great entry.

13. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Lola64
    And this is why I stalk you. Absolutely loved it. =D=
    aw...you stalkers always say the nicest things...

Wow. That must have been weird.
    ayup..

She's a pistol. I'm just saying.
    and its why she's one of my favorite characters...

Spot on Anakin here. And Tahiri a moment later when she decides to join him.
    well that's how it seems to work in the novels....

Ouch. Talk about full circle, Anakin Skywalker's namesake being the one to take his life.
    :D

I guess they don't go back, huh? Well, it's better here, since Anakin can live a long life now and not get killed off, like in profic.
    Well like i said earlier, i tried to send them back to the future so tehy could see how bad things had become, but I just couldn't get them there...they wanted to run off elsewhere...

Great entry.
    Thanks!!

14. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    This fun little fic, won third place in the Ultimate Challenge.

Thanks judges and readers alike :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.