main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

To the EU authors: Don't Impregnate Jaina Solo! [possible spoilers]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ahhhh, I need to go out and buy Jedi Eclipse! Need a Kyp fix better than that in Sbs!!!!

I also need to lay off the candy! :p

Jae Angel

2. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I see nobody is on the boards right now. . .I guess I'm going to announce that this is my 200th post!!! And I've been here less than a month. . .I have way too much free time :p Well, goodnight to everyone. I'm going to go take out my contacts and watch horror movies on TV. I'll probably be on again before I go to bed because I'm addicted to the forums! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. . .

Jae Angel

3. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    With vader and tarkin it's clear that he lets him go. No mention is made about the gammorheans recovering.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    How about his failed attempt to use Fen in Simple Tricks. He tried to get her to kill him when he couldn't kill himself. And don't dare tell me that he didn't.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, yes, there are at least two mentions of the Gamorreans surviving:

Tales from Jabba's Palace: Ortugg was one of the Gamorreans choked by Luke, and he later serves aboard the sail barge where he is finally killed.

The SW:CCG card "Choke": Reaching out with the Force, Luke rendered Ortugg unconscious without doing the Gamorrean any actual harm.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Knight, he wasnt ordering. He was putting his voice in her head, like Jedi have done before

7. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Perhaps Jaina won't go for any of the men mentioned above. I'm betting on her being a lesbian.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Ugh, no way.

9. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Ringo... I hope not.

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ugh, I also hope not! :p I don't know how they'd really write that either. Everyone is so. . .hetero in Star Wars!

Jae Angel

PS-Except for maybe Jar-Jar ;)

11. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    He was attempting to get her to do something for him with out her realizing what was up. If he had truely felt so guilty about what he'd done while a part of the dark side, he had the chance to kill himself during the battle of the Maw Instillation. The Sun Crusher was being pulled into a black hole, and he stuffed himself into a communication pod and had it eject so that he might be saved. That shows that he wanted to live.

It appears that it was only later that the full implications of what it would mean for him to live dawned on him. That he'd have to live with a punishment greater than most had suspected. Everyday he'd have to remember what he'd done, the harm he caused by killing so many innocent lives. Not everyone on Carida was guilty, most were merely soldiers, and many were probably forced to be soldiers like Zeth had. And Carida was not the only place he'd destroyed where innocents could have died. So for the rest of his life, no matter what good he could do, most folks would see him as a monster. Even a monster can help people, but the question would always be there. "Will he once more go on a rampage, not careing who he hurt?" The fact that he tried getting Fen to kill him suggest that it was not the guilt that was too much for him, it was the punishment. He couldn't live with it. But he couldn't die by his own hand. No, he had to have someone else do the deed for him. Who cares what that might end up doing to them.

No, he never ordered Fen, you are correct there. He used the Force to try and manipulate her into doing something he sensed she'd be more than happy to do. Someone willing to do what he wanted. But Fen was stronger than he expected. She realized what was happening.

This attempt at using Fen is a sign of what Kyp would become years later. For most of Simple Tricks, Kyp is someone who can be admired. But the fact that he tries to get someone to kill him because he can't do it himself, that's a look into the man who would use others.

12. Master_Halcyon

Master_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    enforcer cg on page 2 mentioned jaina giving birth with lightning spewing out. That would be so painful that vong proclaim her a god or run in terror.

13. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    I think that there is going to be a plottwist, and Jaina will hook up with good ol boy Kyp Durran. I think that he is going to woo her, and then knock her up and get her pregnant. Hey, stranger things have happen, and Jaina and Kyp hooking up would be an intresting plot twist.

God bless :)

14. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Kyp is not right for Jaina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.