main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To The Max - for September OC Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Manion, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Manion

Darth_Manion Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 5, 2007
    Title - To the Max
    Author - Darth Manion
    Characters - All OCs
    Summary - Maximillian Scammer, the self-proclaimed 'most feared pirate this side of the Koornatch Cluster' wasn't always like that. Now witness his fall from grace...
    Notes - Response to the September Essential Guide to OCs Challenge:

Kids Are OC's Too...

We all have to (physically) grow up sometime, and every adult OC was once a child OC. Show us a memorable event from an adult OC's childhood. What made it memorable, either for that same character or for someone else? Was it happy, sad or something else entirely? Did it shape their adult life in any way?

[b]To the Max[/b]

Many years ago, in a distant land, Maximillian Scammer was but a young lad, still full of promise and delusions. Yet a longing nagged at the young Scammer, a need that could not be fulfilled in any conventional means. For what seemed like ages, he searched for one that might give him a purpose, teach him discipline.

When Scammer was sixteen, he heard rumor of one man who could tell him all. He was in self-imposed exiled on a small and isolated planet of little consequence, where he lived on the highest precipice of the highest mountain.

For days Max scaled the mountain. The icy crags chilled him to the bone, the winds threatened to throw him and bash him upon the rocks, but he was steadfast. Every handhold brought him closer to his destiny.

On the third day, he finally reached the summit. As Max pulled himself over the final precipice, he was shocked to find it warm and sunny. The winds that plagued the entire planet could not reach them here. Grass even began to poke up out of the snow. It was an oasis of peace in a violent world.

In the center of the plateau, there was a large rock. Sitting upon this rock, there was a wizened old figure dressed entirely in white. He sat in a meditative form, legs crossed and arms at his sides. A stark white beard that cascaded all the way to the ground fell from his chin and long silvery hair fell down his back. Surely, this is the one that Max had been searching for all his youth.

Slowly and reverently, young Max Scammer approached the old man. Suddenly, he spoke.

"I..." The old man began, "Am... The Great...Master."

There was a pregnant pause before he spoke again.

"I search...for the answer...to the question...'If the womp...rat...eats the lotus...blossom...is his breath...as bad...as yours?'"

For a moment, young Scammer was confused by this statement. Was this crude insult supposed to test his temper, his self-control? If so, Max was determined to succeed. Undaunted, he made his intentions known. "Oh, Great Master!" he said as he threw himself down to the ground at the man's feet. "I have journeyed long and hard to find you here! I long to train under you, and learn the ways of Jedi, so that I may become disciplined and wise and do good in this Universe as you do!"

The Great Master was as immobile statue as he said, "Silencefool! One does not simply [i]become[/i] the Ultimate Jedi Warrior! It requires skill...patience...obedience...and you must vow to be an eternal virgin."

Max arched an eyebrow at the last statement. [i]That[/i] wasn't part of the deal. "What?!"

"I know." The Great Master responded knowingly. "That is why I gave up on becoming the Ultimate Jedi Warrior a long time ago."

Max mulled this over for a minute or so. "Can I at least train under you as to become the Mediocre Jedi Warrior?"

"Silencefool!" The Great Master reiterated. "One does not simply [i]become[/i] the Mediocre Jedi Warrior. It requires skill...patience....obedience-

"But I can still have sex, right?"

"Silencefool!" The Great Master shouted for the third time. "To begin on the path to mediocrity, you must complete your first test...."

"What is it?" Max asked nervously. He hoped it wasn't something hard. He had just spent three whole days climbing up this big-ass mountain in sub-zero temperatures.

The Great Master appeared to think for a moment

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Brilliant!! [face_laugh] I absolutely loved this, it was very fun to read.

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Heh heh, this was a very enjoyable story! :) Methinks the air must be a little thin up on that mountaintop. :p

Poor Max, getting his whole world and his desire for a life's purpose turned upside down by some crazy rock-throwing guy, LOL. Well, at least he tried. And the "Great Master" did seem to influence Max's life. ;)

Great job! =D=

-Thumper

4. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Great, and funny, reply to the challenge. I came into this story thinking that it would be serious and get a very pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work!

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] What the hell? [face_laugh]

awesome Manion.

6. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I cannot make heads or tails of this story. For this reason, it is awesome. I have no idea where you pulled this story from, but it's absolutely fabulous. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.