main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga To The One I Love (One post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanche, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Dearest Allena,

We've passed through so many starsystems that I don't even know if we're in the same galaxy anymore... Every night I think of you, dream of you. I wonder if you're still loyal to me, or if you've found another. I sent out a letter last week, but I couldn't wait for your response before I had to write you again. Everyone here misses their girlfriends or wives, but most have stopped receiving letters. Whether forgotten, or given-up. Yet they still wait everyday, like I do, for a sign. I miss you dearly, but it's hard to be without you... It's times like these that we realize that we're pushing ourselves into so many directions that it's impossible to notice the subtle changes anymore. Sometimes it feels like we awaite ages just to hold out hands out and touch stars only to grasp onto the utter emptyness that is the result of these wars we fight within ourselves. I wonder if you fight these same battles every night that I am away.

But don't worry, Lord Vader has promised us all leave after the Princess gives up the co-ordinates to the base. I will only be stationed on Alderaan for a while longer, they already have her with them on the Death Star. Soon we will be together once again, You must only wait a few days longer.

Before I leave you, remember the song you used to sing? I do... while the words are not exactly right I can't get them out of my head.

Universe of Dying Lights
    Can the univers expand forever
    If nothing is supposed to last that long?
    Wonders past your reach it will deliever
    Is touching stars with fingertips so wrong?
    Celestial Consolations shine bright
    Stretching to distant words past our grasp
    Who stare at the same stars as I at night
    Do they tell the same stories of the past?
    Deep blue sea of swirling universes
    Filled with stars that will soon fade to darkness
    Still dead stars shine above our surfaces
    Bleeding the light that nothting can harness
    Starring at the everlasting night sky...
    We continue to watch the lights die

May our light never die, my love. I will be with you soon...

Love Always

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Eep! Innovative concept, good execution.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my... that was sad. How ironic that it would be the Empire that's the means to his end...

4. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    After finishing the first part of my last story I figured I could try my hand at some mushyness... hope I pulled it off lol

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh my...how awful, the Empire would cause his death. I had a bad feeling when I read the line, "But don't worry, Lord Vader has promised us all leave after the Princess gives up the co-ordinates to the base."[, and when I went on to, "I will only be stationed on Alderaan for a while longer", I nearly broke down. Only the Empire would treat its loyal troops like dirt. :(

A wonderful story; extremely moving. It's short and simple, but you put the point across very clearly.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

How sad the longing of the troop, especially when we know... :(

Very nicely done!

7. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    That was so simple and so sad. If it had been any longer i may have up a cried.

awsome job!

Mel

8. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Glad you all liked it :) I didn't mean to make you so sad >.> lol. But I'm glad it's point got across :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.