main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series To The Pain! TCW Best Season 2 Episode Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 18, 2013.

?

Which is the best single episode of Season 2?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2013.
  1. Cargo of Doom (S02E02)

10.7%
  2. Landing at Point Rain (S02E05)

26.8%
  3. Weapons Factory (S02E06)

1.8%
  4. Brain Invaders (S02E08)

7.1%
  5. Grievous Intrigue (S02E09)

17.9%
  6. The Deserter (S02E10)

5.4%
  7. Voyage of Temptation (S02E13)

12.5%
  8. Duchess of Mandalore (S02E14)

10.7%
  9. Lethal Trackdown (S02E22)

7.1%
  10. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    When does this poll close? I'm still debating...

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Tough to choose, but Brain Invaders edges Landing at Point Rain only by suspense.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    rumblewagon What is your profile pic from? I don't recall seeing that in the show. :p

I went with Landing at Point Rain. A great opening to an awesome arc.

rumblewagon likes this.
  4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Man, this was a tough choice. Cargo of Doom and Brain Invaders were really good all-around Star Wars stories. Voyage of Temptation has the best dialogue of the series. However, my vote went to Duchess of Mandalore. The political arguments and the corruption apparent in the Senate sold it for me.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll close this poll on Wednesday night around the time I open the new episode thread.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I voted for Voyage of Temptation, although I could have just as well gone with Lethal Trackdown or Landing at Point Rain.

Watto likes this.
  7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    So I waited to vote since I felt I wouldn't give the other episodes a fair shot..After looking over some key episodes I have to stay with my original pick.. Landing at point rain takes the cake. Followed by the Deserter and Grievous Intrigue.

By the way I'm surprised the deserter doesn't have more votes.

8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think I'll have to go with 'Grievous Intrigue'. The plot about Obi-Wan, Anakin and Adi Gallia attempting to rescue Eeth Koth from Grievous and falls into a trap is rather simple but it's done so well and I love the tension of it; it's like a race against time. There's many great action sequences in this one as well, both lightsaber battles against Grievous, clones vs. Grievous (pileup!) and Anakin and Adi vs. commando droids in one of my personal favorite scenes of the series (the tactical droid scrambling around for his severed arm, finally getting hold of it and then finding out that he can't push the button on it to kill Koth while holding it and letting out an exhasperated sigh was great and really funny without being over the top). There were also some solid dialogue and the whole thing really felt 'The Clone Wars' to me; overall an great episode of which kind I'd like to see more of.

I'm giving out a very special mention to the runner-up: the great follow-up to this episode, 'The Deserter'. Cut and his family were great, likeable and endearing and I really like how an injured Rex was brought there to recuperatewhich led to some great dialogue between the two men; Cut talking about his past was great and one could really understand him. The climax with the 'zombie' commando droids attacking Cut's homestead was great as well and quite tense (I loved the commando droids activating and their eye sensors lighting up with that faint chilling scream sound effect in the background; more of this type of effectful stuff in the show, please) . With this episode did a great job bringing up the question of what a clone who deserted could choose to do, in this case starting a family, and Rex being there as sort of a moral compass worked really well. The subplot about Obi-Wan and the rest of the clones searching for Grievous who attempts to get to an escape pod from where to contact a shuttle to pick him up was nice as well and had a nice action sequence as well, but it is the abeformentioned stuff that shines in this one.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Grievous Intrigue

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Still somewhat surprised by the results here. I should go back and retrieve Gry's graphs on the "grade the episode" over the course of the season because I'm not sure we'd be getting exactly the same results. :p

Seerow likes this.
  11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That episode was ruined by bad guy declaring that killing him would make the person a killer themselves. Conveniently for both Obi-wan and Satine, Anakin suddenly shows up and kills him while the Imperial March is being played. That was borderline slapstick how it happened.

Think I'm gonna go with Cargo of Doom, really great episode, Bane was/is a great charachter. The sub-zero battle was great as was the charachter interaction between Anakin and Ahsoka, while the plot of Palpatine trying to find force sensitive children was both creepy yet interesting.

12. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I recall seeing an 'best Season 2 episode' poll posted after the season had ended and 'Landing At Point Rain' pretty much outvoted all of the other episodes. Seems like it's got some good competition this time.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is so hard to choose... So many amazing episodes that I can not go with one...[face_dunno]

Valairy Scot and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  14. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I voted for "The Deserter" as well. I'm currently rewatching TCW on DVD and I finished season 1, now on S2E3 "Children of the Force". The episode I'm wating most for is "The Deserter". I remember this being an episode where I found myself doing the same thing you did, actually cheering for someone. Whenever I think of TCW I always think of "Rookies" from season 1 and "The Deserter" from season 2.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    True, that was a very convenient outcome. On my first viewing I was a bit surprised why Anakin didn't sever the villains' detonator holding hand instead. That way he'd have at least lived.

FARK2005 likes this.
  16. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    If they had a point system where we can tally up the top 3 episodes of each season maybe the Deserter would stand a chance. But it'll be hard to out vote Greivous Intrigue and Point Rain with the current format.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Deserter is an amazing episode with both great development of Rex and exploring the issue of being a clone, it has awesome humor, has no Anakin and has Grievous riding on a reek...
    It was full of win.

I also can not forget the amazing tribute episodes like Brain Invaders, the Zillo Beast, the Zillo Beast Strikes Back, Senate Spy and, of course, one of the few episodes that had a perfect depiction of Anakin - Legacy of Terror. I do love Zombies too.

The season went to many familiar planets we knew and some we did not know so well.

IMO this season had amazing action pieces with the battle of Geonosis episodes being the best battle episodes the series has produced.

We also had amazing new villains in each of the S2 episodes like Pre Vizsla, Queen Karina, Admiral Trench, Hondo acted as a villain...

But the episode IMO that is the best, based on the times I go back to it, is actually Weapons Factory. For me, this episode has everything...for everybody!
    I love seeing Poggle the Lesser a lot in that episode... he was awesome and brave for a person going against Jedi.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  18. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going with Voyage Of Temptation. Obi-Wan is my favourite Star Wars character and that episode did wonders for his development. The fact that we've followed Obi-Wan through much of the saga, and yet the episode showed an entirely different light to him, is an example of what the series can do: give the main characters more layers of depth.

Also, this poll reminds me of how many strong and varied episodes Season 2 had. What a terrific season that was. :)

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Crazy that Weapons Factory made the list but Children of the Force didn't.

Cargo of Doom, Landing at Point Rain, and Voyage of Temptation are all top-notch episodes, but nothing made me lose it in all of the first two seasons like Brain Invaders. Tantive IV is my favorite environment in SW (don't care whether this was the same exact ship or not, design was the same), but more importantly when I first saw Anakin Force-choke Poggle the Lesser I was totally floored by it. This was my favorite episode until Overlords came out, it still may be my #2 of the entire series.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I liked Children of the Force a whole bunch but this wasn't my personal top 9. ;)

21. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm having buyers remorse right now..

Please delete my vote for " Landing at point rain" and give it to " Grievous Intrigue". They are both good but I was drawn in by the massive battle that it clouded my judgment.

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Nope.

Sorry, a card laid is a card played.[face_shame_on_you]

07jonesj and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I chose Lethal Trackdown because it has Boba Fett and he is such a BA that there's no other reason. Oh and all the others stink... ...literally they smell... ....bad.

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This is really tough for me...Season 2 still remains my favorite season of the show and imo is the best season of the show. I'm gonna need some more time with this one, I'm leaning towards Voyage of Temptation though. Landing at Point Rain though I watch at least once a month, it's just so much fun packed into 22 minutes.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Seems like 'Point Rain' is gonna win again; too bad, I wish another episode could have bested it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.