main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI To those who collect...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by huttese1138, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    You should go over to tradefederation.com and look at the new scan of the Anakin figure. Hasbro is going with the saber that extends out of the arm like the originals. Not the telescoping, but the one that had the slot in the action figures arm. I personally like this saber/figure design a lot more than than the last few lines. Anyway, just thought I would let you know.

Specifically, you Robert!...just cause I know you collect as much as I do.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that this is not the case for all figures with sabers, just a select few.

2. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I have a huge collection!
    to be exact:
    28 Action fleet vehicles
    12" (Leia, OB, Anakin, Vader, Luke (pilot), Luke (ANH), Mace, Maul, Yoda
    13" Maul, QGJ, OB
    um...ah heck i'll just have to take pictures...I have alot here at my house, not including the vintage at my parents.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I also an am avid collector, and have seen pictures of this figure. I think the telescoping saber thing on his arm is kinda lame. But I'm sure they meant it as an homage to the vintage figures. No harm done. I'm sure Hasbro will produce some other variation of Anakin in this outfit in the next couple years.

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Huttese. I went over to the site and I took a look. It was pretty cool. But I will side Royalguard I like it how they have them holding the light sabers in there hands now.

I took a lot pictures of all my star Wars toys and I will have them on the 13th if any one wants to have a look at them.

I can't wait to talk to every one about what they collect and hear about the story's that they have about finding stuff in the store's. Also what store's or web sites are the best to buy from.

5. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    What is your favorite action figure of all time? and that you own?

I would have to go with 12 inch Boba Fett for one that I own.

I wouldn't be able to name one that is my favorite in which I don't own. That Fett is my favorite hands down.

6. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Now I'm just posting to get to 1000!

7. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    There we go!!!!!

8. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    lol! Personaly, my fav fig is my 12'' Qui-Gon, but I really like my 12'' Han in Stormtrooper gear too.

9. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    SC, I actually don't have the 12-inch Qui-Gon...I went with Obi-Wan, Maul and Anakin frmo TPM instead. But I do have a spot for the Ep2 Anakin next to Vader and the adult Anakin in my collection :)

10. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    HEADS UP COLLECTORS!!!!

I was in my local Wal-Mart today,and boy did somebody screw up big time!!

They already had AOTC figures out on the shelves.I'm not talking about the `Preview Figures',(although they did have some of those),I mean the blue-packaged AOTC figures.Here's what they had left:

Captain Typho
    Plo Koon(arena duel)
    Battle Droid
    Tusken Female and child

So you guys might want to check out your local Wal-Mart,you never know what you'll find!:)

11. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    There are a few stores that have them out right now, but when you get up to the cash register they wont let you buy. I've read reports of this, but haven't had it happen personally. If you do get to buy them, I say you report it. Not only would the store get a huge fine and merchandise revoked, but I heard that lucasfilm merchandising is rewarding honesty of the few that have reported it!

12. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    It might be considered somewhat hypocritical of me to report them,seeing as how I did buy one of the figures.(?)

So where or how would a person go about reporting these incidents?

13. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    Hey Idg, let's not be too hasty...which Walmart was this?...hehehehehe

14. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Ah,I could tell you,but then I would have to kill you...j/k :)

Don't worry,I'll be selling them out of the trunk of my car at the next meeting.

Just kidding.Honest.Please don't come after me,Mr.Lucas.

15. FearAndBullets

Jan 4, 2001
    ...that's cool...kill away -just wait til after I have them in my hot lil hands...
    :)

16. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Actually, better yet...you could go to the head of your local walmart store and give them a good fashion black male! Tell them hey, I got this figure from your store and if I report it to lucasfilm you could be fined heavily---so how about we start talking about me getting first crack at all the toys!

J/k, im not that devious!

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Idgie you are so lucky. I wish it was me that found them. I haven't even seen the preview figures in the store's yet. I had to order them from the fan club. Which figure did you buy and are you going to bring it to the meeting on the 13th?

As for my favorite figure's they are the 3.75 figures. I have a lot of them that I like, FX-7, both Bespin Solo's, 300 Boba Fett, Jedi Knight Luke, Imperial Officer, IG-88 and I could go on and on.

As for the 12inch figures I have never been a real big fan of them.Bbut I do have some. My 2 favorites are the 2 Target Speeder Bikes.

18. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Damn, I only have one Wal Mart within 25 miles of my place and they are a bunch of goodie-goodies!! No early stuff here at all!! Nice find, Idgie. But I guess I have to wait another 19 days

*sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.