main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TODAY IS THE DAY! Anyone care to share their own plan of attack?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ShinagamiWing, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've got it. I've got it. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Okay, I'm just a little too happy about that.

2. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    i've been checking my order status like every five minutes and it still says items shipping soon. bah!

3. MAD6121

MAD6121 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    I'll be getting it for Christmas.

4. Ender_Teh_Xenocide

Ender_Teh_Xenocide Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    I picked it up at 10:30 (And got the last copy too), and was done reading by 4.

The thing is almost a big as Harry Potter 4!

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I got it! Wahoo! I'm reading... this crap is good! I'm so glad I only have a half day tomorrow - more time to read!

6. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    First I went to the new bookstore in my neighborhood which just opened yesterday. They didn't have it. Then I went to my local independent bookstore which I like to patronize because the chains bug me. However, they were way too intellectual to have any Star Wars books, though they did have other books by Troy Denning and Tim Zahn. Finally , I went to Borders, which reliably has Star War books on their release date. and I was rewarded for my efforts. I am fortunate to live in the city, and these bookstores are within 10 blocks of my house. The urban life for me!

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Who wrote Star by Star?

8. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    I plan on waiting until the weekend. Then I will drive to a bookstore and buy it.

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    WHO wrote Star By Star?!?

10. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Troy Denning wrote it.

11. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    i had a half day at school so i went to the mall. i made the first sale of the day!

12. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    AthyraFire,

I feel ya. Whattya say we pay Amazon corporate headquarters a visit. You head em high and I'll hit em low...

"Items Shipping Soon" - What does soon mean?

13. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    i went to waldenbooks 4 hours ago and bought my copy! I've been reading it non-stop since then... oooohh it's dark, sooo dark. it gives me chills just thinking about it.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Thank you... and don't forget to read my review on Star By Star!

15. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Nom Anor:
    I'm with you! Come on over! I'm right here within 20 minutes of their offices....

I WANT MY BOOK!

JediFarfy

16. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I get it when I go to school, cuz my friend's mom works at a B.Dalton and I GET IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN 3 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I'm going to be reading inbetween, and during classes which is really going to suck for me, but I think it actually might make it fun. The same thing happened with Conquest--there's always the constant danger you'll get caught reading after a warning, get the book taken away, and a detention! Bwahahahahahaha... I'm dressing up as Luke today too! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Wah! I forgot! CANDY!!!!!! *I love sugar!* * h y p e r *

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I walked over to the BYU Bookstore to peruse the sci-fi section to see if they got it today and instead found a huge display of it. Read it in 8 hours only because I had to help two people move and do a 2-hour orchestra rehearsal.

18. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    Nom Anor:

good plan. you go in first and i'll cover ya ;)

and I have the feeling that "Items Shipping Soon" means "Whenever we d*mn well feel like shipping it."

(update: YAY! my order shipped yesterday! i'm gonna go sit in front of my house for 4 days and wait for the UPS truck!)

19. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Why?

Why Me?

Why can't the bookstores I go to have SW books on opening day when I'm there and when I don't go on opening day they have a ton of them.

Why?

20. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I love Amazon.com! :D I paid for 3-? day shipping, but I got it today! YAY!! :D That's even better than Balance Point (got it on the Thursday after).

You know, I knew it was 606 pages, but this thing really is HUGE. I'm gonna call it the Monster. Very cool. Ok, I'm way to hyper and I must read! Bye!

JediFarfy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.