main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Today's newspaper

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Did anyone get a copy of either the West Aust or the Australian today? I forget which one it was in, but there was a bloody funny cartoony kinda picture which was a protest about Johnny-boi... He was Gollum's puppet... I was wondering if anyone has the paper and if they could either scan it for me, or post me that pic?? It would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: Actually, I don't even know if that was todays paper... Bummer

EDIT 2: Must always remember, ask Soup first... He knows many things... For anyone wondering what I was on about, check below...

[image=http://smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1047144913036_2003/03/10/wor_howard10.jpg]

2. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, it was todays paper

in the west australian infact

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The real question regarding that article was which one's the fictional character.

4. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    LMAO which one is fictional.

Howard lives within his own little dream world. I think it was him that was asked sometime ago about how much a loaf of bread and a carton of milk was after he stumbled at a press conference or outing somewhere.

Jase

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    There was a great cartoon in the local community newspaper the other week. Sadly I don't have a scanner, so here goes:

Picture it: The Death Star (Earth and the moon in the distance, with a stormtrooper to attention in the background) Bush as Darth Vader (of course), Howard as R2, Costello as Han Solo (holding a paper reading 'PM Backs Star Wars Push') and Downer as Chewbacca.

The caption below reads "Err, excuse me George, but may your force be with us?..!"

Anyone else see that?

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    lol.... i saw that pic too

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Which community paper?

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    The community newspapers are all done from the one place so I imagine stuff like the editorial cartoons would be the same across all regions to help cut costs.

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Hmm... Does anyone have a copy lying around that they can scan? I'd love to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.