main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Today's Toys R Us at Blanco - What A BLAST!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Well people, today was definitely a blast !!!

I want to thank everyone for making this another great visit at Toys R Us and I really want to thank the staff there for making us feel at home once again, it was such an awesome thing to walk in to the breakroom and see all the pics they took from our last visit there.

Many thanks go out to those that participated today: Dan (Vader), Brent (Obi Wan), Zak (THE MOST AUTHENTIC ANAKIN IN SOUTH TEXAS - and I ain't talkin smack people, from the imported fabric from Taiwan to the Motorcowboy boots, right down to the scar and the saber technique NOONE here can top him, PERIOD!!), My Niece Lauren (Jedi), Alex (Sandtrooper), Lisa (Jedi), Joe Cygan (Trooper) and his great family Joey and Mary, my Brother Jim Marshall (Imperial Commander) and Kim, Robert Ybarra (Jedi) and my Brother Carlos. I can't think of a better group of people to spend my Sunday with.

Chris (Marty Graw) - it was great to finally meet ya buddy and your son is definitely a power to compete with on the lightsaber.

We made alot of great contacts for some possible upcoming events to support local and national charities.

More great things in store for us here at SA FanForce, keep your eyes to the board and to the site for updates . . .

Take Care and May the FanForce Be With You . . .

John Laurel

2. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    John my Brother, yes it was a blast......Thank you for taking the time out to organize this great event.....

It was a pleasure to meet another trooper...Joe, Robert Ybarra who get used to wearing the Jedi outfit a little more each time....

It was great to see Jim and Kim...Glad you could come out and have fun with us.....

Lisa the chancellor face painter.....Always a pleasure to hang out with you......

Brent our hooded Jedi......Zanakin (Zak/Anakin).....yes, I agree he is the most awesome Anakin in Texas!!

Dan Vader who provides his own superhero theme music......

It was a pleasure to finally meet Ms. Lauren, Ms. Sidney and I had a great time meeting and talking with Ms. Debi.....John, your sister is always welcome to hang out and talk.....and don't be jealous because she took away all my attention from you at the apartment...:D

Anyone who took pics there, please send them to me as soon as possible so that I can start putting them on the new website........See everyone at the meeting Saturday.....

3. StormLeader

StormLeader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    John,

I agree, it was a blast and the Toy's R Us staff were wonderful. Thanks for setting this event up John....what a great Sunday afternoon. Kudos to the rest who showed up...and Zak's Anakin costume is sweet...sure shows in the attention to details.

Alex...allways a pleasure to troop with you.

Great to see everyone.

Jim Marshall
    501st Stormtrooper TK-6411
    Star Garrison Public Relations Officer
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx

4. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Wow, definitely a good time!!!! It was great to see everyone there, the staff was awesome and I think the kids really enjoyed it. Big thanks to Brother John for another outstanding event!

Oh, and thanks guys for the kind words on the Anakin costume. It means a lot when costume gurus such as yourselves approve;).

5. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Totally Bro - noone can hold a Lightsaber to ya or even a candle to the work you did in getting that Costume done. A big thanks to Lisa's Mom, Roseanne for bringing that magic to the garb. . .

John

6. ST-NG-JEDI

ST-NG-JEDI Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I would like to also thank John for setting up the Toys R Us event. =D=
    Thanks to Carlos and his son, Dan, Jim Marshall and Kim, Brent, Zak (AKA The real ANAKIN) John?s Niece Lauren, Alex, Lisa, Joe Cygan and son and daughter Joey and Mary, Chris (Marty Graw) and his son (mini-Vader) for attending. [face_coffee]

I look forward to many more events with both chapters and don?t forget the parade on November 19th.[face_good_luck]

See ya,
    Robert STNG-Jedi

7. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    It was really great seeing everyone at the Toys R Us event today! Thanks to John for organizing it, and to all of you who showed up; it was also great to meet Joe and his family and Chris and mini-Vader! You really brought a lot to the event.

Brent, I hope Tatum is feeling better. Did you go into Walgreens in the Jedi garb? What kind of reaction did you get?

Zak, your Anakin costume looks great, and we'll get your fabric tabards to you soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting next Saturday, and at the parade on Nov. 19th.

Lisa

8. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Let's see if these work:

http://www.thejedicounciloftexas.com/TRU1105.html

9. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    I put all of them in my Yahoo album

Enjoy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/obijuan70/album?.dir=/8d7f&.src=ph&.tok=phKAC.DBN5JEJyy8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.