main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toddler Obi-Wan can't sleep, he begins to use the force.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Joguy90, Feb 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joguy90

Joguy90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 1999

Two and a half year old Obi-Wan Kenobi pushed the control panel on his door. Qui-Gon sat in the living room, reading a book.

"Obi-Wan, is that you?"

Obi-Wan slowly walked up to Qui-Gon, holding his blanket and sucking his thumb.

"Wy-Gon, I had that dream again," said Obi-Wan as he put his head down, "about mommy. The one where she says goodbye, and I come to live with you. Wy-Gon, why did she make me go?"

"I'll tell you some other time. Why don't you come sit here with me," said Qui-Gon as he patted the couch.

"I know I left to go be a gedi knight, but why did I have to leave? Why couldn't I have waited until I was free, four, or five, sis?"

Qui-Gon put his arm around the small child.

"Obi-Wan, if I told you now, I don't think you'd get much of an answer. Do you want to do a puzzle or something?"

"Why can't I see my mommy?"

"Obi-Wan..."

"Fine, let's do a puzzle," said Obi-Wan walking over to the table and turning on a light.

Qui-Gon got up and sat down next to Obi-Wan. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small cube.

"Can you figure out the puzzle?"

Obi-Wan started to try to solve the cube puzzle. At first he seemed to enjoy it but when he couldn't figure it out he started to get mad at it.

"Stupid puzzle!" said Obi-Wan.

"Try again. The answer is more obvious than you think. You're trying too hard," said Qui-Gon.

"Errrr!" yelled Obi-Wan as he glared down at the cube. He frowned at it then turned his head sideways towards the wall. The cube lifted from the table and hurled through the air, into the wall.

"Obi-Wan! Did you throw that?" asked Qui-Gon excitedly.

"No. I thought you did that with your "forth" stuff."

"Obi-Wan, I think you've started the path down a long and hard road. The road to a Jedi Knight."

Obi-Wan yawned and lay his head on Qui-Gon shoulder. Qui-Gon smiled, grabbed Obi-Wan's blanket and drapped it over him.

"Good-Night, Obi-Wan."

"Night, night, Wy-Gon.

2. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Now, whaddya mean by that? It's brand-new, just be patient! I think it's really cute, though I have to point out that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan didn't get together until OB1 was twelve or thirteen. But it's a great what-if, and an excellent start! Be patient- sheesh, I've had my story, Mission to Corellia, posted for awhile and only have two people reading and responding regularly! Don't get discouraged!!

Frosty

3. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    I really like it , it's different from anything else I've read. Is there more?

Eirtae Kenobi

4. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999
    I suppose there could be

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Awww...keep going! I think the misadventures of a mischievious, force-sensitive toddler has a lot of potential!

And don't worry about Obi-Wan not getting together with Qui-Gon until he was nearly a teenager. A lot of fanfic stuff is "what if" situations that don't really fall in line with what is considered "official."

Have fun with it! That's what fiction is all about anyway!

6. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Nothing is more endearing than a grown man taking care of a small child. It warms the heart. Keep posting.

7. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Interesting story...how about another post, please???????

8. SithAbigail

SithAbigail Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Aww... How cute I hope you do a follow-up story!

9. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    This is such a sweet story. Don't worry about not being canon!!! I personally love a story with little Obi and the interaction with Qui-Gon. Nothing is more work or more rewarding than raising a child

10. Norbooboo

Norbooboo Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    AAAAHHHHHH!!! The idea of my toddler (he's three) with force abilities is enough to give me nightmares!!! Love the story! Most of my fanfic is noncanon and involves qui-Gon and very young Obi-Wan. None as good as this. Keep it up.

11. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Post more toppers

12. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999
    I've been a little busy lately with school and stuff but I'll try to get more of this out later. Feel free to add on to it if you like...

13. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999

Obi-Wan pulled his blanket off of him and climbed down the stool chair, being careful not to knock it over. He remembered when he did that before. Qui-Gon wasn't mad but gave him a little talk about balance. His feet landed safely on the carpet and he proceeded to get himself some "duce". He walked around the table and looked in the food storage container. He found one pitcher of juice and poured himself a glass. He didn't dully understand the cube throwing incident the night before, but took some pride in it. He saw Qui-Gon sitting on the couch with perfect posture, sleeping away. He knew he could be awaked and on his feet, with lightsaber in hand in half a second if it was needed.
    Obi-Wan was facinated with the huge city of Coruscant. He pushed a control panel and the door to the balcony slid open. He stepped out onto the tile floor and looked around. The city was just waking up and the first taxis took off to collect the first passengers of the day. He looked down a few balconies and saw a child of about his age running across his balcony and trying to sprint up the wall. He flipped over and lost his balance. The boy fell onto the ground and brushed himself off. He got up and charged at the wall again. Obi-Wan found this very odd but paid no attention to it.
    Qui-Gon sat up and took notice of an open door with a blanket wedged in it. He could only smile.

"Obi-Wan! Are you ready for some excersies?" asked Qui-Gon, saying it loud enough so a certain toddler on the balcony could hear.

Obi-Wan heard. He really did not like to use all his energy and train all day at something he always failed at. He pretended he didn't hear and continued to sip his juice.

"Obi-Wan?"
    Qui-Gon could sence his apprentice's feeling and decided to start his training with a test. He walked over to a small container and pulled out a little ball. He pressed a few buttons and it jumped from his hand.

Obi-Wan liked to imagine he was flying around the city with his wings stretched out. He always wished he could jump from his window and go flying with the other ships. He suddenly froze. Something was wrong. He set down his juice and looked around...nothing. He grabbed his glass and once again the sweet taste of berries filled his mouth. His flying day dreams were rudely inturupted with a bright shot of light. Obi-Wan jumped in suprise and was startled by a small, flying ball. It fired again and Obi-Wan was hit in the arm. It stung for a bit but quickly went away. He quickly paniced. He turned his back ont he flying ball and felt shot after shot of small stings hit him in the back and neck. He fell to his knees as one hit him in the leg.

"Qui-Gon! Help!"

Obi-Wan remembered his teaching of using your surrounding to fight and never turning your back unless you are surely beaten and can escape. The toddler grabbed his juice and threw it at the ball. It dropped a few inches are whirled around. It emitted strange sounds but quickly returned to bothering the small child. Obi-Wan grabbed his blanket and tossed it over the ball. He grabbed it and jumped into the living room where Qui-Gon waited. He wrestled the ball to the ground and beat it with his fist. It fired through his blanket and Obi-Wan felt a sting on his forehead. He was getting mad and the lasers were starting to hurt. He scrambled into the kiichen after the ball. The chasee was now the chased. Obi-Wan ran after the ball and got off a light punch. The ball shot him twice in the face and Obi-Wan fell backwards, accidentaly knocking a metal bowl off of the table. The robotic ball fired again and time seemed to slow. As fast as the ball fired, Obi-Wan acted. He lifted the bowl in the air and heard a small "ping!". The laser slowly headed back to the robot. It seemed like minutes to Obi-Wan. The ball fell to the ground, defeated. It had all happened over a split second. Obi-Wan realized what he had done.

"Why-Gon! I did it!"

"Yes you did Obi-Wan! Very good job! Now how about we have some breakfast?"

14. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Toooo cute!!!! I keep seeing my little guy when he was that age and I love it

I hope you post soon, because I love Little Obi stories and this one is very good!!

15. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999
    I'll wait till more people critique

16. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Awwww this story is so cute
    I Love it, please keep going

17. Young_Sith_Apprentice

Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 1999
    This story is so so so cute, I love this so much, post more!

Looks over the story again

Boy, no matter what age Obi-Wan is, he's always getting hurt by something, poor Obi. We just love to hurt him, even if he's a toddler! tongue.gif

18. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Man this is cool! cool.gif

Lil Obi-Wan stories are so cool, and I'd have to agree with Young_Sith_Apprentice that it doesn't matter what age Obi-Wan is, we love to see him suffer.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha :

19. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999
    Exactly. What should happen next? Hmmmm...well, anyway...In case you didn't know, that boy running up the walls was Darth Maul. Read the Darth Maul journal that talks about his training. Then you'll know what I was talking about. I just got up and I'm not entirely in the mood for writing now but I have some ideas. Expect another part in a few hours.

20. Joguy90

Aug 16, 1999
  21. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Its been a few hours!!! Where are you?!?!?

22. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! Another story about the toddler Kenobi. Great. Post more!

23. Flamberge

Flamberge Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2000
    Well I am happy to say my preproduction is moving along nicely. I have written the script, cast the actors, drawn the storyboards (it really hepls!), bought the materials for the jedi clothes and PVC pipes for the sabers. The aluminum rods will be cut and ready (hopefully) for the filming/production stage of the project, the last week in June (tentatively.) I also have secured a shooting location, and found out today there is a place in my town that has a huge all blue room in it, so I am going to try to get them to let me use it for shooting the bluescreen scenes. I also downloaded both Axogon and Blender, and while I feel I am making slight headway with Blender (love the hotkeys!) I am completely lost with Axogon. =( Lokmer I will probably be emailing you about this. (Thanks in advance.) I am posting this so other people can see that it is possible to go step by step. (Jedi000, don't give up.) The script is great, and I would like to think it is "Deep." I am a published author so hopefully my humble writing skills will bleed over into my fan film. Comments (and more importantly, suggestions) are welcome.

24. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Definately. Don't hesitate to email me. lokmer@bigfoot.com
    congrats on the headway!
    -Lokmer

25. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Is there any more to this story.

Mrs. R U Sidious

Thread Status: