Together - Author's Note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by starkrusher, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    **attaches thread to helium balloon and watches it float UP**
  2. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Hawkbat! I LOVE that show! Its the best. That and Trading Spaces are some of the best out there.

Wow! SOL, that was a very inventive way of upping! I give ya props girl.

~Mandie
  3. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I really need to post. This poor, dead thread!
  4. hawkbatcanuck Jedi Master

star 4
    I could say somemore, but then again, maybe not...

So, when is your next post? I don't usually ask, but I need something new here to distract me from thinking that Jaina is acting like a spoiled brat, and that Jag was either given some bad intel on Jaina's mommy track plans, or he doesn't know his wife as well as he thought he did.

Dissuade me from these bad thoughts by the action in your next post!
  5. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, ok, i'll start writing
  6. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    YEA she's writing! i thought jaina was acting like a brat too.

Jez
  7. jagfellover Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maddie! I have finally caught up on you fic! Oh...bad Jaggie! What was he thinking with the baby room? But I do like the sound of little Ewok stuff! Hehe. Please post soon!

Danielle
  8. jagfellover Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so sorry everyone. I've got a post in progress for both Samaya and Together.

Thanks for the ups. Jez you rock, as always. JFL, I am so happy to see you not only back, but also back at my thread that I suppose I will have to post. Thanks for the review and the up!

~Mandie
  10. hawkbatcanuck Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just teasing. Post whenever you like. I just don't like saying "UP", when a smart alecked comment would do instead!
  11. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

I want another post! please, pleeees and carrots!

~*Rose*~
  12. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Almost done witht he post.
  13. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry this is kinda short but it doesn't fit with the next post and I needed to get this scene over with.

~~~~~~

Trying to get comfortable for what must have been the millionth time that night, Jaina finally gave up on falling asleep. It had been hours since she had angrily left Jag, and while she had told herself that she was going to go to sleep and ignore him, that was proving to be harder than expected.

The truth was she had become used to sleeping with Jag, used to having his arms around her at night. When he wasn?t there, she had trouble sleeping soundly. Now was even worse though because she could feel him in the adjacent room. He was sad, upset, and confused and she knew it was her fault. Jag shouldn?t have made assumptions about having a baby, but she had completely overreacted and she knew it.

Realizing she wasn?t going to get any sleep laying there feeling guilty, and was only making herself and her husband miserable, Jaina slowly rose from the bed.

Quietly she padded across the floor, and walked over to the hover-sofa. She knew Jag wasn?t asleep, but she whispered anyway.

?Jag??

His eyes met her but he said nothing. Jaina was struck, by how much she had hurt such a normally emotionless man. Sitting next to him, she took his hands in her own.

?Jag, look at me.? Reluctantly, his eyes sought her own, and she continued.

?Jag, I?m sorry I overreacted. I shouldn?t have yelled, and I shouldn?t have flipped out on you. It?s just that we haven?t really talked about kids too much, and I was kinda shocked when you showed me the room. Jag, I love you more than anything, and I want nothing else than to have your children, but I really can?t see that now is the time or place for that. We?re in the middle of a war, one to which both of us are deeply committed, people don?t even know we?re married, and we?re on an ice planet. I can?t help but think that there are better times to start a family. I would have appreciated it if you had discussed this with me, instead of just assuming that I wanted to have a baby right now. A child is a huge responsibility, and when we decide to have one, it has to be a mutual decision, don?t? you think??

When he spoke, Jag?s voice was quiet, almost timid. Perhaps he was afraid of facing rejection for the second time that day. ?Jaina, I?m sorry too. It?s just that, I love you, and I want to have a baby with you.?

?Jag, I know, and I do too, but do you really think now is the best time?? When, Jag didn?t answer, she continued, trying to make him see reason.

?Do you really want me flying when I?m pregnant? Because I?m not giving up my squadron in the middle of a war. Or what if we have twins? The Vong would love to get their hands on the twin children of their goddess, do you want to put our children at risk like that? Or what about my family? Do you want to explain to my father, who still thinks I?m single, why his daughter is with child??

Although Jag didn?t say anything for a very long time, Jaina could feel his frustration through the Force. He knew she was right, and he knew he would have to accept it. She let him sit there, collecting his thoughts, and waiting for him to come to the conclusion she knew he would.

?I?m sorry.?

It was with some reluctance that he spoke his next words, but he spoke them nonetheless. ?We wait.?

?Thank you for understanding Jag. I love you.?

?I love you too Jaina, never forget that, okay??

Jaina smiled, and snuggled against Jag?s chest, relishing the touch of his arms wrapping protectively around her. ?I promise.?

No more was said. No more needed to be said. Exhausted from a night of fighting and making up, the young couple fell asleep in each others? arms.

~~~~~

~Mandie
  14. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Sweet post! Jag was stupid with the baby room, but Jaian put up with him. :D

Yes, I'm an inventive upper- look at my sig! :p
  15. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    awww . . . hwo cute they made up . .

ok since the ol V-Day is coming up, a week from today i wana knwo who many of you despise Valentines day (raises own hand) and hwo many of you love it? just asking . . .

that was good mandie!
  16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    aw...so sweet...allows me to see why i stayed j/j as long as i did (it's all fan fiction writers' faults! :p ) lol...

bump^

~TJF
  17. hawkbatcanuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you. That was the scene I needed to reconcile my feelings about the way these two had been behaving. "I'm sorry" and "let's comprimise" are two things that keep a relationship secure and happy.

I'm glad, starkrusher, that you're not writing a "Jaina pregnant" subplot, which I was afraid the baby Ewok room might be leading to.

There are so many stories out there with Jaina pregant, and that's fine, but I find that just as in the SW books, it leads to character dead ends, and guilt ridden parents/ conflicted kids.

It's kind of a catch 22 situation. Fans want their favourite characters to fall in love, marry and have children. They also want them to fly around the galaxy, fight the enemy, and be heroic. You can't do that with a baby, so not too long after a joyous birth scene, the kids are pushed off somewhere "safe", or left with a nanny-equivalent, so that the main characters can continue their adventures.

Han and Leia's kids were mostly with Winter, first on Anoth, then left at home with her, or C3P0. Other times, they were sent off with Chewie to his homeworld for safekeeping. By the time they were in their early teens, they were living at the Jedi Academy.

How long did Ben get to stay with Luke and Mara? He's been living at the Maw longer than he'd been with his parents, and I wouldn't be surprised if he developped a close relationship with Tionne and Kam, as his parent substitutes.

It's not that I don't think children in the stories aren't cute, but I hate them being used as a plot device. In the SW books, they tend to be trotted out for cameos once in awhile to show the parents are still thinking of them, or there's some bad race trying to kidnap them.

I'd hate to think that Jaina's future children will be treated the same way in the books - long pregnancy stories,so we all feel mushy, - with the baby shortly thereafter being whipped off to stay on some safe planet with a guardian of some kind.

I find those kind of plot devices so sad.

Hmmmm. I've gone off on a tangent again. I hope that you don't mind. My little pet peeve about pregnant characters was a very strange way to up your story.
  18. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    SOL - Thanks!

MJ - Thanks! I get to find out about whether or not I get the "job" I've been applying for on Valentines day. It could be a very interesting day indeed.

TJF - Thankies! Are you officially J/Z now? :confused:

Hawkbat - Hmmm...well, I would have to say that I waited for years for Mara and Luke to have a baby. I was thrilled when all three of the Solo kids were born. Some of my most favorite fics are Malestorm (and its sequal), Keeping the Faith, and the one by Den (I can't remember the name). The point is that all these, probably my three favorite fanfics, have a pregnant Jaina. A sure where for someone to get me as their reader, is to knock Jaina up. I have an odd obsession with pregnant women in fiction. Do not ask me why. I have no clue. I just know that even when I was little, while other girls were playing house I was playing "mommy having baby."
    My point in all this is that I LOVE that stuff (as evidenced by Samaya).

Hehe, anyway, I hurt my finger and its painful to type so I am going to say night night for now!

~Mandie
  19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thankies! Are you officially J/Z now?

lol! where have you been mandie? i've been officially referring to jag as captain cardboard for quite a while now! [face_laugh] check my profile! what, you think i was just dumping on jag for no reason? :p

btw, if you have time and you still want to read it, there's a post (actually, i think it's two now...) up on DAD

bump^

~TJF
  20. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    Mandie posted and I missed it! Damn RL. It was a cute post, Mandie.

~Inyri
  21. AKypSock Jedi Knight

star 1
    TJF - lol! where have you been mandie? i've been officially referring to jag as captain cardboard for quite a while now!

Thanks, I love u 2. I kinda noticed the Jag dumping and had expected as much, but I really haven't been paying all too much attention to convo on other threads.

Have I missed more posts? *sigh* I seem to always be behind somewhere. Don't worry, I'll get over there soon.

Inyri - Thanks! Sorry you weren't around. I was feeling pressured into posting.

~Mandie
  22. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    I know exactly what you mean.

~Inyri
  23. Jedi_jainafel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay!!!Post!!!

Yummmm post and pancakes are perfect together.

Hawkbat you raised a good point, i hate that happening in stories as well, beacause then the kids can become resentful and all.

jjf
  24. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, i know what you mean jedi_jainafel. just look at Jaina. Her and leia had problems for a long time because leia was never around when jaina was young. so sad.

Jez
  25. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    You guys had better stop. You know I have a very bad track record of doing exactly what people tell me not to do. Just look at Kyp and Tahiri.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.