main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Together, we can destroy the sith!!"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by TKLasagna, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKLasagna

TKLasagna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    Dooku says, "Join me Obi-wan, and together, we can destroy the sith!"

So what if Obi-Wan says, "Okay, sure, lets destroy the sith together, I submit myself to your will O great one!"

What was dooku going to say then? "Erm, I really didn't, uh, think you would-you weren't supposed to agree with me!!"

2. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    I think he pretty much new Obi-Wan and what his answer would be.

3. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Maaaaybe....Or if he had agreed, Dooku probable would have seduced Kenobi to the darkside, and Kenobi would have been used instead of Ventress.

4. Kae-Din

Kae-Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    <<Maaaaybe....Or if he had agreed, Dooku probable would have seduced Kenobi to the darkside, and Kenobi would have been used instead of Ventress.>>

No way! Obi-Wan is light side all the way! Although it would have been cool if he fooled Dooku for a second and then killed him. Ventress could have appeared later in the film, and in Episode III. :) She was cool in the cartoon.

5. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    "I'll never join you Dooku!"

Go Obi-Wan!

6. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Lies, deceit, the ways of the Sith.....

Dooku was definetely trying to trick Obi-Wan into joining the dark side.

7. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Dooku was obsessed with Obi-Wan. In the ROTS novel, Doku still asks Darth Sidious if there is a place for Obi-Wan however, Sidious tells him Kenobi is too rooted in the "Jedi way" and must be destroyed if Skywalker is to turn to be turned to the dark side. And yes I think Dooku knew what Obi-Wan's answer would be but there was no harm in asking.

"Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now!"

8. DarthHook

DarthHook Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    As we how seen through all of the films, the Sith Apprentice seems to look forward to becoming the Master. Dooku asks Obi Wan and Vader asks Padme and Luke.

I definitely think Dooku wanted Obi Wan to join him and destroy Sidious.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    LordVigilance, I blieve tha tline is actually "greed and mistrust are his ways now."

And DarthHook, Anakin asked PAdme to join him, not to become his apprentice. She's not a force-sensitive. Duh.

Slimy!

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    He had the line right.
    "...Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

11. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

I never got the point of this scene. It just seems like Lucas put it in because it was like ESB. It wasn't really going anywhere and is quickly forgotten about.

Take the scene out and it doesn't change anything.

12. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I liked the fact he didn't actually shout. Made his err...declining of the offer all the more insulting :)

"I will Never join YOU, Dooku."

13. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    On the one hand, it would appear that this scene has no value, but for me when I now look at ROTS, and what happens with Anakin turning to the dark side, it helps me understand how Dooku turned also, because he sounded so much like Anakin in things he said in AOTC.

Dooku wanted Obi-Wan to join him to help destroy the Sith.
    Anakin wanted he and Padme to rule, and he spoke of overthrowing the Emperor

Dooku said to Yoda he had become more powerful than any Jedi
    Anakin said also that he had become more powerful than any other Jedi

This scene was also foreshadowing of what Obi-Wan would have to face when he had to confront Anakin, and learning that Palpatine was the Sith Lord.

In watching ROTS, I thought of this scene with Dooku and Obi-Wan, because Obi-Wan surely realized that Dooku was actually telling the truth about a Sith Lord named Darth Sidious controlling the Senate. Imagine what he also realizes that Dooku was first the apprentice of Palpatine, then his own friend and apprentice becomes Palps apprentice as he stated to Padme.

For me this scene showed how the dark side can twist ones point of view.

Darth Sin! :cool:

14. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Sith Apprentice first objective is to Gain More Power, everyone wants more power, He was serious, every Sith apprentice we have seen has tried to get their opponent or close one to join them and overthrow their master.. I would say he is serious, but after Dooku "destroyed the sith" he would want to take over the Galaxy like every 2nd in line Sith says (AOTC,ROTS,ESB).

15. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Sith crave power. They have a reputation for killing their mentors to become the master.

EU info: That's why Darth Bane created the rule of 2.

I think Dooku was truthfully asking for Kenobi's help to destroy Sidious and eventually sway Obi-wan to the dark side as his apprentice.

EDIT: Just realized I pretty much said everything in the post above me.

:_|

16. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    I agree that like every Sith before and after Dooku wanted ultimate power. He would have used Ob-Wan to help destroy Sidious and then tried to destroy or train him.Im sure he planned all along on waiting till Sidious took over then he would kill him. It is almost a rite of passage for a Sith. I also like not only Obi-Wan not yelling but not even really pausing. It showed his stability in his beliefs. I also find it ironic that Sith need each other and yet know that once the apprentice is well trained they will most likely overtake them.

17. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    In the Episode III novel, Dooku referred to Obi-Wan as his grandson. It was very odd dialouge. But had he convinced Obi-Wan to take down Sidious, Sidious would have killed them both. Dooku was a darksider all the way and he knew what Kenobi's answer would be.

18. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    He was basically refering to the Master/Padawan heirarchy.

He trained Qui-Gon so that makes him kind of his son.

Then Qui-Gon trained Obi-Wan, which therefore kinda makes him Dooku's grandson.

Personally I love Obi's Jedi loyalty, but seeing him go Darkside would be cool.

19. STF

STF Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Someone pointed this out when I was lurking awhile ago and I found it interesting. In a sense it's strange that Dooku joined the Sith when his former padawan was killed by a Sith. Did he joing before or after QGJ's death? Also it did cross my mind that Dooku was being insincere when he said he missed QGJ considering he's a Sith. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I think Dooku truly did miss Qui-Gon Jinn. In AOTC, he's a Sith Lord, but I don't think he's quite as evil as Sidious yet. I think a Sith gets more evil with time, being slowly consumed by the Dark Side until he's nothing but a truly wicked person. We don't really know why he joined the Sith. Maybe he wanted to get close to Palpatine to kill him but became enamored by the prospect of Galactic rule, maybe he was awed because Palpatine's young apprentice was able to kill Qui-Gon. In any case, I think he was being truthful when he made his proposal to Obi-Wan. If Qui-Gon had been alive, he probably would have tried to convert him first, then move against Palpatine.

21. STF

STF Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    I could see that. One little piece of backstory I heard on CD was that he was always interested in the dark arts. He kind of naturally leaned that way to begin with.

22. JediatNight

JediatNight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    I agree with sith_rising also. I can't see Dooku ever being a true Sith. I think he just got caught up with the power he felt in the dark side as compared to being a Jedi, but he wasn't nearly as evil. I don't think he could ever kill the Younglings like Vader did or blow up Alderaan. Recall the way Dooku spoke to Mace right before Yoda showed up to create a perimeter around his about-to-be-fried butt: "Surrender, and your lives will be spared." "Then...I'm sorry, old friend." He seemed very sincere. An enemy of the Jedi, yes, but still a gentleman. Not some kid-murdering monster.

23. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    There is a good chance that he really just hated the Republic and got caught up.

24. JediatNight

JediatNight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Ya, in some ways, he is less guilty than Anakin.

25. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    And also I know he wasn't supposed to reveal himself but he never corrected anyone when they called him Dooku as Vader did to Luke in ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.