main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Toledo Blade looking to speak with SW fans

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi all. I got this in an e-mail today:

If you are interested, go ahead and contact him directly.

2. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    I called him up and talked to him. He is really nice guy that would like to hear from anybody else that a star wars fan. He just asked question about star wars, like which movie did I like the best or who my favorite character was. I explained a little about our group getting together and hanging out. The charity work that the Ohio Garrison of the 501 and Jedi knights of Cleveland do. I will get my picture taken and it will appear in the Memorial Day weekend of that Friday or Sunday?s issuer. If everyone in LA I bring it to the next meeting.

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi! He also contacted me, and if you wouldn't mind, I would love to see a copy of his article. Very cool!

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Sounds like I'll be mentioned in the article as well. Getting my picture taken for the article this evening.

5. darthshull

darthshull Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2006
    I also spoke with ryan and he came over and photo'd myself and the kids in our costumes and also my collection. Answered some questions as well.

6. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Oh geez. My picture is gonna look like crap next to yours! ;)

May 27th is the day that the story is supposed to run. I'll look forward to seeing other familiar names and faces in the story.

7. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    We were interviewed for a 501st article so can someone save us a May 27th paper since we won't be home at that time to pick one up? Please and thanks :D Apparently they will have some SW stuff on the 25th as well.

8. darthshull

darthshull Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2006
    I should be able to collect a few copies. Not to worry! Hope all who are heading West have a great time. Hopefully I'll make CV.

9. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    The only photos I saw were of myself, Shaull and his kids. Sorry Tobey if it make you feel any better I think my photo looks bad but I'm told that it was " cute"

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Here's a link to the piece on the Black Swamp Squadron

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    The articles seemed pretty good. Except that they misspelled Kim's last name in the 501st story. And in the print version they spelled my last name right in the story and wrong in the quote.

Le sigh.

12. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Ooh, and I did end up getting my pic online in a little slide show.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Assets/StarWars/StarWars.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.