main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tolkien] Assortment of Sketches. Prompt responses. Post, July 21.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 11, 2015.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "Only to find," He continues, "that it is as if we were never apart."

"Now," She replies, "We never have to be, again."

Aww! I feel a little melty [face_love]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I felt exquisitely melty when I wrote that entire thing! :D [face_dancing]

NYCitygurl likes this.
  3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    And you'll be posting again soon? [face_batting]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I'll likely tie it to the next NSW challenge prompt. :) [:D] !!

Except that I heard this.

This glorious song by Capercaillie simply simply resonates!
    "The Price of Fire"

Luthien's midnight tresses and moon-kissed eyes are radiant things. Beren's hand is reverent as he touches the former and gazes into the latter with something akin to wonder.

"Tinuviel." He breathes on a whisper so quiet it barely stirs the star-spangled night glade.

She smiles and takes his hand.

It is a journey of love and fire they are choosing, but it is one they embrace, together.

+++

:) [face_sigh]

NYCitygurl likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm gorgeous

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww! I love the poetry of that last line [face_love]

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Now that was a gorgeous drabble! Especially the last line. I loved the mix of awe and that breathless first moment of falling you were able to convey - the tone of this was wonderfully struck. [face_love]=D=

(And the song fits Beren/LĂșthien perfectly, I love Caperaillie! [face_love])

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The song of Luthien is a triumphant and gorgeous ballad. It skirmishes lightly over the infatuation unrequited of Celegorm. It treats tenderly and reverently of the beauty of Luthien, her courage, and her devotion. In later days, Arwen would wonder if or how her choice could have been other than Tinuviel's ages ago. It - frankly - could not. Despite the travails and hardships fraught with their decisions, the heart beckoned irrevocably & the joys outweighed the sorrows!

++++

:D :)

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And it's the last line that made it! Beautiful job glancing at Arwen's thoughts with her own parallels with LĂșthien. While I am glad that she had a (relatively) easier path, the end goal and joy is just the same, and she recognizes that. [face_love]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beauty in a few words

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice! I love the peek into Arwen's thoughts :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Inspired again, duh.

~!

Melian knows frustration at the antipathy and terse reception Thingol gave to Beren. She frowns and advocates a more balanced and receptive stance, but he will not be swayed. Luthien will not either, and her choice is made.

A heart's love can not be dictated or gainsaid, and Thingol should know this as well, if not better, than most. And when news of Luthien's bravery and the perils she and Beren faces, Thingol's eyes become haunted with concern and a strong tinge of "What have I done?"

Did his conditions drive Luthien into a danger from which she would be lost irrevocably?

His stance towards Melian becomes fraught since she has made no secret of her own feelings and attitudes on the matter. She has wisdom and compassion true to her essence and origin as well as from the fact of being a mother.

When all in Doriath rejoice that Luthien is safe miraculously so, and with the prize, Melian cannot help but say: "Well, little did I expect such an outcome, and much gratitude should you feel for receiving it."

"I do, and I am sorry for bringing such grief to you." He replies, reaching to touch her shoulder.

She does not draw away but instead looks up at the star-spangled skies above. No recrimination falls from her lips now, in the wake of his avowal and fortuitous news. It would be mean-spirited and pointless. So she gives in turn: "I know you suffered as much as I."

He gives a silent nod.

On an evening some days later, they wander through a dew-sparkled glade, equanimity restored between them, as the rhythm of their hearts and thoughts become attuned without something hindering. It feels like a load has been lifted, having this closeness renewed.

He tells her she is beautiful and she smiles and kisses him as the nightingales trill overhead.

Yes, things are becoming right once more.

+++++

:) [face_sigh]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "I do, and I am sorry for bringing such grief to you." He replies, reaching to touch her shoulder.

She does not draw away but instead looks up at the star-spangled skies above. No recrimination falls from her lips now, in the wake of his avowal and fortuitous news. It would be mean-spirited and pointless. So she gives in turn: "I know you suffered as much as I."

You know, this is pretty much exactly how I envisioned them post-quest. Yes, Thingol probably could have chosen a wiser course with Beren, but he was a parent and he was afraid for his daughter's happiness - mix that with what's already an tempestuous personality, and there you go. [face_worried] Melian's turning to healing instead of meanly dredging up old wrongs, however, was just perfect. [face_love]

And then . . .

On an evening some days later, they wander through a dew-sparkled glade, equanimity restored between them, as the rhythm of their hearts and thoughts become attuned without something hindering. It feels like a load has been lifted, having this closeness renewed.

He tells her she is beautiful and she smiles and kisses him as the nightingales trill overhead.

Yes, things are becoming right once more.

[face_love] That was lovely. The perfect way to wrap this ficlet up! =D=[:D]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I fully agree with Mira_Jade. Lovely words

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A heart's love can not be dictated or gainsaid

TRUTH

And I love the last section [face_love]