main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tolkien] "Dreams of Valmar" One-shot for roulette.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 27, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Drreams of Valmar by Nyota's Heart

Disclaimer: Borrowing with admiration.
    Genre: Introspection
    Characters: C/G

AN: Written for the following challenge: Inspiring tunes from the 1980s in a roulette -
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/tunes-to-inspire-1980s-roulette.50031261]here[/url] Mine was "These Dreams" by Heart

~!

Golden sands are kissed by turquoise waters which gradually become amethyst in sunset, although in the time before Sun and Moon, there was a waxing and waning of varying shades of azure but never a dissipating of coloration.
    Fragrant breezes from Lorien's glades - the marvel of which never know an autumn - distantly echoed in Lothlorien's gorgeous tranquility.

Never did Galadriel expect or imagine that she would ever wish to return to the place of her youth. Too many hard memories overshadowing the pleasanter ones. Her family, her deepest truest heart's love was found across the vast ocean, after all.

But a legacy, an untoward consequence, of being a Steward of one of the Three, is the Sea Longing.
    She valiantly staves it off while duty and her heart keep her on these further shores.

Celeborn, attuned to her, sees the inevitable and wishes it could be forestalled and overridden by sheer willing alone.

Galadriel knows this and promises as stalwartly and overtly as their soul-bond allows: "Our parting will not be forever."

"Any length of days apart is too many for me." He replies on a long sigh.

She smiles in gentle recall of their courtship. "I know you can be patient."

He laughs and avows, as they stroll among the elanor and nephridil: "This I can be, Galadriel, for you."

++++

SQUEEEEE! :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful and poetic words in a sweet snippet of Galadriel and Celeborn

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I love how you are able to say so much in so few words here. First off, the scenery was beautiful. Then, their bond truly is an ancient one, and that feeling of not knowing where one ended and the other began was really well conveyed here. Galadriel's sea longing is as poignant as ever, as is their preparation for their years apart. But the lines about Celeborn's patience were my favourite - they had me smiling in the best of ways. [face_love]

[face_love]=D=[:D]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    She smiles in gentle recall of their courtship. "I know you can be patient."

He laughs and avows, as they stroll among the elanor and nephridil: "This I can be, Galadriel, for you."

This fanfic fits perfectly on SW boards. The subject of learning/ practising patience is also one of very young padawans.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It fits Luke/Mara right about now in JadeLotus' fic "Year in the Life." :oops:

I adore C/G. Besides Faramir/Eowyn, Arwen/Aragorn, they're up there. [face_love] And anything related to a sol-bond [face_dancing] ... the only upside to the years apart is that they'll have forever on the other shore. @};-

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    First off, I love "These Dreams". Gorgeous song.

And gorgeous fic to go with it! You paint a beautiful picture, both of the scenery and the bond between these two. [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D Writing about bonds is one of my favest things.