main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tolkien] Moon's Glow & Noontide ~Of Galadriel~ Completed, 08-23!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 20, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Moon's Glow & Noontide
    By Nyota's Heart

Characters: Galadriel & others

Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters & the context, knowing it for a privilege and honor to do so. :)

Genre: Epic & romance

Note: Inspired by Marnie's Oak and Willow at fanfiction.net. :)

~~~~~~~

The years lie heavy upon me at times. I have known so many long partings. Thankfully, the one to come will be briefer than it might be.

Memories are sweet & bitter. I feel the need to recall how it all began, how I found an unlooked-for love and partner in triumphs and travails.

+++++++++

TBC... [face_love]

Random Comments likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very Galadriel. How she would write and speak[face_dancing]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Definitively watching this. I wonder where Galadriel's musings will take us...

Lauré :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting start! Can't wait to read more :D

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    When I saw that you were doing, I did all but a song and dance. I am so excited for this!! "Oak and Willow" is one of my favourite origin tales, and I can't wait to see where you take it! Sign me up and sit me down, I will be here for the ride. ;) [face_love]

[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A Land of Twilight Shadows

For one who knew Valinor, this land of Doriath is like twilight and shadows. It is beautiful, but muted.

The colors are less to the eye, even the inhabitants seem so to me.

I gazed upon Melian and found her loveliness and potence to be a match for any of the Valar. At this, my insides clench with bitter and sorrowful remembering.

I cast this aside as futile.

Luthien, now she was a marvel to exceed any of the Noldor in grace and dignity. Her sheer loveliness impressed me, since I could tell she was not a vain or self-absorbed lady as a result.

"Thingol is worthy of Melian, I believe." Finrod observed to me later.

"If he were not, she would not have accepted him nor returned his affections." I rejoined.

"Artanis, what is your estimation of their kinsman, Celeborn?" He asked me then.

I shrugged.

"He is handsome enough and courteous, as one would expect of one raised in a High Court." I replied. "Other than that, I had no cause to notice."

Little did I know that the gentleman in question would make himself known to me, bring himself to my awareness in a most startling fashion.

+++++

Woohoo! [face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan
    ----------------

laurethiel1138
    ---------------

Mira_Jade --

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Not noticing indeed! [face_laugh][face_love] Keep telling yourself that, dear one. ;)

This was a lovely look into Galadriel's thoughts on Doriath. I can only imagine the switch from bright and golden Valinor to such a twilit land, and you captured that perfectly. I sincerely cannot wait for where the rest of this tale shall go. [face_love]=D=

[:D]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She will notice him;) Like to see how she will describe that

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

Little did I know that the gentleman in question would make himself known to me, bring himself to my awareness in a most startling fashion.

Do I sense some mush coming? :D

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    There will be snark and tons of mush LOL [face_dancing]

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] This shocks me not even the slightest :p

12. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    Eagerly avaiting the Galadriel and Celeborn snark-to-snark combat/courtship... Fun times ahead!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am haunted by dreams. I miss the sound of the laughter of my large extended family. It is strange how, when they were all around me, I did not feel as grateful for the bustle and constant milling about as I should. During my waking hours, I am determined not to fritter my time and energies in fruitless, nostalgic sentiments.

I do not look for absolution among these folk, nor for a confidante. I merely wish to be left in peace.

++++

LOL

Mira_Jade laurethiel1138 earlybird-obi-wan

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a sweet haunting entry

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] [:D] That's exactly! the tone I was shooting for, after reading Mira's "Taste of Shadow" :cool:

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this just tugged on my heart here. What strikes me about this time period in her life is just how young Galadriel is. She is homesick and proud and just looking for her place - and missing her family, at that - and I loved this glimpse at her thoughts. [face_love][:D]

This journal is just shaping up to be everything lovely. Thank-you for sharing. [:D]

17. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
    Poor Galadriel. It is not fun, being a stranger in a strange land, and I feel for her. Been there, done that (though not with the kinslaying part), and it definitely has its difficult moments.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Buya! Here it is! LOL

~~~

He has not been able to keep his eyes off me the entire time we have had our evening repast, nor during the beautiful aftermath: harps and lutes and wind instruments play while minstrels sing. The lyrics and melodies are haunting and lovely. Daeron is the chief of these, and any praise I might hear of him seems well-merited if his performance is anything to go by.

During an intermission, I slip out into a star-dappled garden. It is still daunting: the twilit sky to me.

I do not know I have been followed until I hear a low and rich voice - but since he speaks a name not my own, I feel it most likely he seeks another.

"Galadriel."

I turn with a polite smile and meet clear blue-grey eyes. "Your pardon," I search for the name, "Celeborn, is it? I am afraid ..."

His eyes hold mine, but he flushes slightly. "My apology, Artanis. I ascribe to you a name that I feel suits you. I have called you such since first I laid eyes upon you, and when I saw you just now, I blurted it aloud."

Lady crowned in radiance ... Doubtless, he meant my hair color. It was only much, much later, that I learned he also meant to signify my inner radiance. At any rate, I did not feel I deserved such a naming, nor did I think he was entitled to take such liberties.

That was the recourse of pledged and/or courting couples. However, the sharp retort died on my tongue. It would be ill-mannered to repay the hospitality we had received by rebuffing what was intended as a compliment.

"You hardly know me - and yet you ..."

"It is brazen of me." He continues. "But as to the level of acquaintance, I would like to rectify that. I would not mind spending some leisure time with you, so we may grow in knowledge of one another's cultures and ways."

It was a fair request.

I find myself agreeing before I could regret it.

++++

[face_dancing]

laurethiel1138
    Mira_Jade
    earlybird-obi-wan

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has given her a beautiful name and like that she takes his invitation

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It is a name that suits. Thanks Laure and RC for the likes. :)

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was just a wonderful update - and one I was looking forward to from the beginning! Galadriel, I love how the name just sings. [face_love] This was an excellent start of something more for the two of them. You conveyed a sense of mingled interest and more subtler awe and fascination - more realized on his part than her own, perhaps - and your writing carried a wonderfully lyrical note to it. I just loved reading it. [face_love]

I can't wait to see them get to know each other better. [face_love]=D=

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira [face_dancing] Thanks so much. That was just the tone I was going for: his awe, fascination, and her hmm. Curiosity and interest. ;) I wanted it to 'feel' lyrical, to match the setting and Galadriel's character. :cool: I have always felt her name "sings." My first glimpse of her was in Fellowship of the Ring, and like Gimli, LOL I was totally and utterly enthralled. :) [:D] [:D]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Celeborn and I learn one another's skills in swordsmanship & each other's languages and histories. We settle into a familiar routine. Our banter spices our conversations.

I am becoming gradually accustomed to the sun, moon, and varying shades of twilight and dawning. It still strikes me as odd at times when I first awaken, and I have to recall where and why I am here.

Despite the ease of companionship I have found with Celeborn & also with Luthien, I have a burdensome secret I dare not share with either, lest our burgeoning friendship be irrevocably shattered.

+++++

Mira_Jade ____ laurethiel1138 ________ earlybird-obi-wan

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    There is such a note of the ethereal when it comes to reading about beings like Galadriel - becoming used to the sun and moon, for example. It adds such a mystical, lovely note to the tale that I just loved. And yet, the Kinslaying at Alqualondë is not so easily forgotten, or ignored once revealed once more. The revealing of that secret will really be a blow to the relationship she is finding - even if they will become only stronger still after. [face_worried][face_love]

Excellent work, once again. =D= [:D]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great entry with her reflecting on things common to mortals