main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tolkien] Palpable Relief! Roulette Response.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 4, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart - Disclaimer - borrowing for fun in response to the 1980s Roulette

Song was "Sweet Freedom" #20.

Timeframe: Right after victory in "Return of the King."

~!

Eowyn is amazed & admiring of Arwen. No residual lingering of her transient crush on Aragorn remains to make their acquaintanceship uncomfortable. Arwen's loveliness and fortitude through so many years is a striking example for Eowyn who has so recently learned hard lessons on patience and contentment.

During the week-long celebration, lanterns festoon the blossoming boughs of the trees; how apt it is that such a turn of events occurs in Springtide!

The literal air and streams and rivers seem to be dancing & clapping their hands with gladness.

++++

brodiew likes this.
  2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Aww, Eowyn and Arwen could be great friends. :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    There was such a great feeling to this one - with the spring and the rejoicing. But I adore the idea of Eowyn and Arwen becoming friends, and this was most definitely a step in that direction. [face_love] (Heck, I am totally eager to read more interaction with those two if you are ever inspired. Just saying. ;) [face_batting])

=D=[:D]

Tarsier likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like this! It's good to see Eowyn letting go of her jealousy and moving on with Arwen as friends.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    As the above, nice read; one woman contending with having to be patient, and witnessing her apparent rival dealing with that effortlessly, and giving up any emotional claim on Aragorn.

All that in three or four lines.