main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tomb of Souls: A Jedi Apprentice Fan Fic- Version 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jul 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost!!! Please?

2. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    I can feel the devil walking next to me.

3. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    ?I will flay the skin from your flesh and the flesh from your bones and scrape your bones dry. And still you will not have suffered enough.?

Chapter Twelve

He had expected resistance.

In fact, he had anticipated it. Prepared for it. Given the current state of his Padawan, he wouldn?t have expected anything else. He had been ready for yet another emotional battle, one in which he would have to fight his student on the mental territory that his Apprentice knew best.

But there hadn?t been any opposition.

At all.

There had been pain, yes. Intense pain. A surprising amount of pain, actually. And fear. Cloying terror wrapped around itself in confusion. Both submissive to the overriding heat induced delirium. But no resistance. No dissension. No challenge. No opposition to outside influence. None of the rebellion that had been openly expressed immediately before. Instead, there was agreement. Acceptance. Eager anticipation of what he would do once his intentions were made known, instant obedience appearing from nothing once it was clear that he would silence the surrounding storm, that he would drive out the suffocating shadows. There was no resistance when it was revealed that he would quiet the screaming chains that bound his Padawan.

Obi-Wan could not possibly refuse what he wanted most.

Having just brought his hand away from his now unconscious student?s forehead, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn sighed heavily, the deep frown that had settled onto his features entrenching itself even more firmly while he stared down at the resting younger Jedi within Obi-Wan?s small room on the battered transport ship. Marveling at what had just occurred inside the cramped quarters and pondering his next actions, the elder man looked at the specter of a smile on his Apprentice?s sleeping face, the visible expression of peace failing to diminish the dark sense of dread that permeated the silent room. It really is surprising, the Jedi Master mused soundlessly, his aged eyes becoming steadily more disenchanted with the ashen pallor of his Padawan. Amazing. I can tell Obi-Wan anything, and he will believe me. Absolutely anything. I can tell him that everything will be fine. I can tell him that he has nothing to worry about, that there isn?t anything that he could possibly be concerned with. I can tell him that he can safely rest. I can insist that everything is perfectly and unquestioningly fine, and Obi-Wan will believe me.

Even when it?s not true.

Even when I don?t believe it myself. No matter what, Obi-Wan will believe me. He always believes me...because I?m his Master. Because he instinctively trusts me. Because I said so. Because I must be right. Because some small part of him from the day I accepted him all those years ago still honestly believes that his Master is both invincible and infallible, despite the later overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Wondering what exactly to do next, Qui-Gon folded his arms across his chest, his severe frown threatening to become a permanent part of his countenance. And, most of all, because that?s the reality I?ve inflicted on him just now. The world I had to give to him. The artificial peace and quiet of a healing trance. He didn?t have the focus left to impose it himself or help me do it, but he didn?t fight me either. He wanted it. Needed it, and I honestly don?t know if that?s a good sign now or not. Not when he?s this ill. Well, if nothing else, I?ve taken care of the first step, I suppose. Obi-Wan is resting quietly and comfortably. He won?t be aggravating his fever and increasing his temperature now; he can?t do that when he?s not awake. However, it would have been better if I could have kept him up to speak to him, if I could have asked him exactly what he was experiencing. But Obi-Wan refused to let me do that, and now I don?t know what?s wrong with him. The elder man squirmed uncomfortably at the ceaseless feeling of heat enervating from his Apprentice?s side of their link, yet another sign that his Padawan?s te

4. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!!

Another great post, this story is both wonderful and chilling. You capture everything so well.

I can't wait for more nad hope that wait will be shorter [face_clown]

~Susie

5. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    The next chapter will appear sooner.

Really.

I mean it.

I'm not lying again.

Yes, I know I said that last time!

Why don't you believe me? ;D

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    OMG!

PLEASE, don't stay away so long. PLEASE, give us a new post soon!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You always make us wait so long that it gets frustrating. When you finally post it's always totally worth the wait.

*Why others always choose youth over experience, I'll never know.*--that line sent chills up my spine.

I dread the evil being's possesion of the Master, his power used for the dark side could be devastating.

9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I had given up! I really had!

I had just clicked on your username to pm you a message inviting you to return. And lo and behold, it listed you had recently posted here. :)

Thanks!

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh how dark and creepy. This is certainly shaping up to be an interesting read.

11. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Yippee a post!!!!! What a creepy post it was. What a turn of events, now Qui is hearing the evil voice. Obi better watch out, look at how close Obi came to killing, Qui is much stronger!

I hope you weren't just teasing us and can really post more soon!!!!!

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    this is really freaking me out !! post more :)

13. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    It's the middle of the night here and while I was reading this there was a major thunderstorm raging just outside my window. It only added to the creepiness. Great post!

14. PadawanKenobi

PadawanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    What a great story and scary too! I hope Qui-Gon doesn't hurt Obi!

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    A post! Yipppeee! That was awesome! Please hurry and post more soon, I have to know what happens! Obi-Wan wake up!! Aaaahhhh!
    I love this story!

16. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    JOWK, once again, you amaze us. Excellent work. There just aren't words to describe it. At the edge of my seat again, and hoping for more. --AWK

17. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh do I love this story... it's absolutely wonderful!!!

I'm rather new here at Fan-Fic, but I'm starting to get the hang of it all :)

I dunno, I just find it kind of strange that Obi-Wan should dislike doing his maths homework... I guess people look at things in different ways but to be differenciation and integration seems pretty easy compared to some other stuff :) (But frankly I forgot it in about a week after I learnt it all ;)).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    BTW, could someone please tell me what has been happening from JA #6 onwards? I don't know why my bookshops are taking so long, but I just can't find the books.

I'm sorry if this belongs in Literature more, only I would like to know what was based on what had happened in the JA series.

Thanks a million!!!

Post it soon, JOWK, I can't wait to read more...

Sometimes I wonder how the authors are chosen when it seems to me that there are so many great writers here :)

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    WOW!!! I wasn't expecting that. Once again you amaze me. Great job(as usual).

' '
    U

20. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Please post soon!!! I'm absolutely dying to read more...

21. PadawanKenobi

PadawanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    Please post more soon - this is a great story! (and you did promise not to make us wait to long for the next part :)

22. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    More please!!!

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Valiowk, if you can't find the JA books at your local bookstore, like I can't, try www.amazon.com
    Usually get them within the week and only 3 something dollars.
    I need to order the new one. HEhehehe plus Pre-Order the Star Wars trilogy movies.

24. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    ....must...have....moooooore!!!!

25. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    You see, my Mum would never let me order anything online.

That's about it to getting the books from amazon.com.

So what happened? I have a rough idea from the book reviews, but otherwise nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.