main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tomb of Souls: A Jedi Apprentice Fan Fic- Version 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jul 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    UP!

(More? Pretty please????)

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    More please... I haven't read anything here in a long long time!!!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, dear! Poor, little, neglected thread! JOWK--we need you to come back!

4. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
  5. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    oh...<sigh> It was upped and I thought it was a post...I was wrong...

Please come back JOWK!!!!

6. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    UP!!!!! I'll give you some....no, I don't have any. Um, just post, PLEASE!!!!

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    <begging> Pleeeaaassseeee......

8. padawanmac

padawanmac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I can hear Qui-Gon singing right now

JOWK ain't gonna post no more, no more
    JOWK ain't gonna post no more
    How in the heck
    Can I save my neck
    If JOWK ain't gonna post no more?

10. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Whoever invented triple line integrals in spherical coordinates should be dragged out into the street and shot.

I'm working on it!

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, yay! She's still around! <clings to a bit of hope>

And JOWK (welcome back!!!!), mutlivar calc makes more sense about a semester AFTER you've used it. :~D

12. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Come on, JOWK!! I know life is tough, but you can make it!

13. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Yeah, it'll be a 'little while' like last time. :)

14. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Up! <more begging>

15. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    **grabs mic and loudly annouces:**

Okay I need whoever invented **looks down at piece of paper in hand** triple line integrals in spherical coordinates **straches head** to step forward.

**two mintues later a short, man with very large glasses and a pocket protector steps out**

Good good...okay let just bring him outside and **mumbles to person next to her**

**three seconds later a loud gunshot followed by a thump can be heard**

Alright now that, that has been deal with...MORE STORY!!!!!!

16. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    multi variable calculus is only good for....um, well, I haven't used it since I took the class. Please post soon!

17. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    ?I?m so claustrophobic that if I were a turtle, I?d be afraid of my own shell.?

- Captain 'Hawkeye' Benjamin Franklin Pierce, 4077th M*A*S*H*

18. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jul 14, 1999
    ?Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way.?

Chapter Thirteen

He awoke to the rain.

Eventually.

Vulnerable to the demands of the mechanical universe around him, his internal biology replied to the noise after a time, the external stimulus forcing a reflexive action that he would have consciously shunned.

Because before there was anything else, there was the rain.

There was always the rain.

Relentless. Continual. Insistently falling in the background. Steady streams of water making the sound that in time reminded him that there was more than mere existence, that there was a world of rational thought that belonged only to him. Forcing him to wake up even when he wasn?t being drenched. Constant noise ripped him from the inviting stasis that he had been placed into, dragging him out from the floor supporting him, from the walls sustaining him.

From the room locking him away.

He awoke to the rain.

Because before there was even himself, there was the rain.

There was always the rain.

Warning him.

Too late.

The sound of an unseen storm echoing in his ears, Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi finally approached a state resembling semiconsciousness, his brain taking an eternity to process that he was thinking. He not so much awoke as arose, finding to his disinterest that there was both an entity named Obi-Wan and that he happened to be it. Unwilling to open his eyes for the foreseeable future, the young man remained still, trying to shut out the noise bothering him. Wha, the Jedi asked himself groggily. What? Hmm? Huh? What?s happening? A sudden cough instantly jolted him up several levels of awareness. Ow, that hurt. Great. Awake now. I?m awake now. So I can cough. Sweet. But I don?t want to be up yet. No. Damn, I?m tired. Really tired. So tired.... Sheesh, I hate being awake. Sleep is so much better. No coughing, Obi-Wan mused while he painfully coughed again. I don?t feel it then. Not when I?m asleep. Yet another reason sleep is good. I wish I could just sleep all the time. The Jedi Padawan squirmed uneasily as a dull ache settled into his chest, signaling to him that his coughing wasn?t going to simply disappear any time soon. Ahh, that?s not true. Not generally. Lots of things to do that rank up there with sleep. But now I?d rather go back to bed. Right now. Force, I feel awful. Ick. Dumb coughing. Feels like my throat is dissolving. Gotta watch that. It could get worse. I could get bronchitis. If I don?t have it already. But why would I have that? Absentmindedly forgetting his earlier intention, the young student opened his eyes as he thought, blankly staring at the dark gray wall in front of him. I dunno. I wouldn?t. Don?t think so. Hm. Damn, I?m tired. Really tired. So tired... He yawned sleepily while his mind continued to wander. So tired. Tired tired. But didn?t I already think that? Something like that? Thought I covered that. Now slightly confused, Obi-Wan coughed again, the slight fever embracing his skin insulating him from the icy stone he didn?t realize he was lying on. Not noticing anything odd in his internal temperature, he remained quietly on the floor, hugging the robe he was now wearing around his body. Thought I covered that. Thought I said, no, thought that already. Didn?t I? Or not? Maybe I did. But that?s odd. Thinking the same thing. In addition to feeling awful. And coughing. ?Cause I?m tired. Damn, I?m tired. Really tired. So tired... He sighed as he coughed yet again, catching himself running through the same line of reasoning for the third time. Okay. There we go. Proof. I did cover that. Just now. No, I?m not just tired. Not just tired and coughing. Not if I?m going in the same circle. I feel something. Else. No, dammit. I feel something else. I feel....I feel....I feel....weird, Obi-Wan finally decided when he couldn?t put what he wanted to say into words. Weird. Out of it. Like I?m suppo

19. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Well worth the wait! I think I'm going to be clostrophobic after reading that.

Now get that bad evil sith spirt out of Qui-Gon... I hope.

20. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Wow! Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi's posts always leave me slightly breathless (as Obi-Wan is right now) and yearning for more. Once again, you manage to build up the tension so perfectly. In any other story, the sentence repetition would seem boring, but here it adds to that feeling that all is not right with Obi-Wan. Plus, there was the rain...Great mood, great plot.

21. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    definatly worth the wait...I did like the scatteredness and the repitition in Obi's thinking, showing just how wrong things are, adn the part about the rocking, adn how Qui thought he was normal even if normal people don't do that...I like it alot. And I am ready for more!

:>)

22. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    YES! Confusing at first, though. Please don't make us wait so long for the nest post!

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oh, wow! Oh, my! <jaw drops> (You posted, JOWK!) Oh, geez.....please don't make us wait this long again....tell us more, soon!

24. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    A...a...a...POST!!!

**jumps up in the air swinging arms wildly!!**

YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Another great post and (like most people here) can't help but want more after that utterly creepy and wonderful post!

25. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh my god that was the most fantastic post I've ever seen...

Thanks a million JOWK!!!

P.S. Triple-line integrals are nice, at least by me...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.