main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Tomo-spiced karkana ribenes - the foodies' thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chyntuck, Sep 24, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    FTFY.

Heathen.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Diet Root Beer shouldn't be a thing.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I knew I'd get some grief on that.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

My IR objects to yet another of your daily post quota (TM) comments. Imagine drinking something sweet and immediately feeling dizzy.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    dp4m

serves 6-8

Lamb Biryani

Ingredients
    1KG lamb meat (shoulder or leg), cut into pieces
    Olive oil
    2 large onions
    6 cloves garlic
    1tsp peeled root ginger (grated)
    green chillies (to your taste)
    1 large tub of plain yogurt (mixed with 1 cup of water)
    salt
    4 cups of basmati rice (soaked for 1 hour prior)
    butter
    fresh coriander
    fresh mint
    2 tsp garam masala
    1 cinnamon stick
    20 black peppercorns
    2 cardamom pods
    2 tsp turmeric
    cloves (no more than 4)
    2 tsp cumin seeds
    bay leaves (1 or 2)

sweat the onions, and chopped garlic in oil on a low(ish) heat until they caramalise. when they look light brown in colour, add the ginger, the salt, and the chillies, and your spice mix, fry all for another 3-5 mins.
    Add meat, fry it until it's gone from raw to brown, then stir in the yogurt, and let it all cook for 40-45 mins on a low heat. For the final 10 mins of this, add your mint, and coriander
    In a separate pan, bring your water to boil, then add the soaked rice. cook rice for 3/4 of the recommended time. Drain rice, and put to one side. Give the empty pan a rinse, melt the butter into it, and then start layering the rice, and the meat mixture into it 3-4 tablespoons of each, at a time.
    put the smallest hob on your cooker on to its lowest heat. wrap a teatowel around the pan lid, and put that lid on your pan as tight as you can. leave it to cook for 40 mins DO NOT OPEN THE PAN DURING THIS BIT.

Serve with plain yogurt, and a simple salad of diced up tomato, cucumber, onion, coriander, olive oil, salt, lemon juice

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have no idea how to do all that. Let alone a pan big enough for that meat / yogurt part. :p

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Irritable rectum...?

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Insulin resistance. You are thinking of IBS.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    No I was thinking of irritable rectum.

anakinfansince1983 and Zapdos like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have not done anything to you. So, please, stop.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i have this amazing formula which enables it to serve 3-4 people

yours for only $50

sounds tasty though, what's the recipe?

12. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    she didn't do anything to you either. so, please stop telling other people to stop.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    They mocked my illness.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Is this just me hiring your wife, Punk? :p

15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    ****, how did i miss that?

16. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Uhhh I actually wasn't even talking about your illness, and to be honest I completely skimmed over the part where you told me what it was. I made a bland joke about the acronym and that's it. Why the hell would I make fun of whatever thing you're suffering from in real life. And I corrected you because I meant what I said the first time....because that's what the bland joke was.

I'm astounded you've lasted this long on the JC tbh.

anakinfansince1983 and Zapdos like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sooo you think it perfectly fine to openly attack me, stating the obvious that yes, I post a lot, boo hoo, yet, when Amy makes a passing joke about a vague acronym you posted, it's all of a sudden the end of the world for you?

You can't have it both ways. Normally, I just laugh it off whenever someone teases me on here about my posting habits (which I'm working on) and what have you, but you seem to take issue with me for some reason, just because I post a lot.

Nobody was making fun of your illness, so how about you stop doing the whole "Help help I'm being repressed" routine?

Ok...now that that's settled, I made cheesy bread yesterday for the first time along with corn and bean salad. It was so damn good, but everyone in the family ate it up. No left overs for me sadly.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Can you be more specific on "cheesy bread" please?

19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    so we had fish and chips today, and my boy, rather than douse his chips, injected each one individually with malt vinegar

and they were actually pretty ******* tasty.

it's the future i tells ya

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I've been thinking about this... could we dip the fish in malt vinegar, then into the batter, then fry them? Would that work?

I've not breaded fish yet -- but chicken, I typically dip into beat-egg, then into the breading mixture, then into the pan... does fish work similarly? Could we work malt into the breading mixture too?

21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    i don't see why you couldn't marinate it in vinegar. btw, chip shops dust the fish in flour before they batter it (or in your case, egg, and breadcrumb it)

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much, and You could probably work in the malt vinegar into it, like maybe mixing it with the beaten egg or drizzling a bit in the bread crumbs.

23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yikes... that was pretty rude, man.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I Are The Internets -- don't know if you caught this one before the Brits got to fried fish...

25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The joke was planned and in specific tone, concerning a specific body part in a way that implies a bunch of sensitive things from another thread. Otherwise, nobody would care. Not to mention that you, as usual, cannot keep your mouth shut, you are knowledgable abour sensitive issues including random countries' cinema and politics and now, in the tone of a classic "Have you taken your crazy pills?" abuser, you are implying that I am out of control and that my condition is a mental illness.

Also, I had my doubts about you since I joined, now I know - you are accepted here because you are aggressive and a part of a clique of aggresive, normative and hurtful people who mock.

I got the message and I am not going to post in the community anymore, but if anybody traces me to any other place, I will know whom to blame.

Sorry to one of my best board buddies for derailing her thread. I am going to ask to have my posts from it deleted, so they would not bother anybody anymore and give people reasons to dig them out and attack me.