main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Tomorrow Can Wait - *New Post* 20th Nov: FINISHED AT LAST!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Love the half-ogle/clinical examination distinction. I've had to do many a half-ogle for very secure friends. That was a great post, even if Jemmy's totally missing all the signs.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Very nice chapter, Jem! Aww... doesn't everyone just wish they had a friend like Rela? :D

And LOL about the vid... I can't blame Jem for looking... especially if there are some rather nice Errol Flynn types running about... [face_love]

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I DO have a friend like rela, though not so curly.

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, I wasn't going to post every day but just this once, seeing as how it's a small postie you can have it. :)

"Master, I don't feel right in this place." Obi-Wan wore a tight grin on his face but talked out the side of his mouth. "It's swarming with women!"

"I thought you liked women." Qui-Gon sipped at a drink of iced petal fruit juice.

"I do?I just don't feel comfortable being so near to so many of them at one time. It's like they see me as some kind of strange one-man freak show. They're all whispering and nudging each other and pointing at me." Obi-Wan glanced down at his trouser pants and began to adjust the waistband.

"What are you doing?" Qui-Gon was incredulous.

"I'm checking my trousers aren't open!" Obi-Wan replied in an indignant manner.

"If you continue?prodding yourself like that in full view of everybody of course they will stare at you." Qui-Gon answered testily.

"Sorry, master."

"Look, just relax." Qui-Gon soothed.

"Yes, master."

"And start mingling."

"I thought you said you wanted me to relax!?!"

"Just do it Obi-Wan. I have to speak to the chancellor and?actually, you're right." Jinn followed Obi-Wan's furtive gaze towards the group of women who were chatting freely - and loudly - in the corner. "They are staring at you."

Obi-Wan did as near perfect an imitation of a turtle as possible and pulled his neck as far into his hood as he could get, shrinking almost out of sight.

"What is it, do you think?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I don't know." It took all Qui-Gon 's self control not to end up checking his own trousers just as his padawan had done earlier. "Women are mysterious creatures, Obi-Wan. Infact they are a bit like your socks."

"What?" A voice asked from over Qui-Gon's shoulder. "Scented and in need of constant replacing?"

Qui-Gon didn't even have to turn round.

"No Dex, I was going to say a law unto themselves." Jinn sighed out loud. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you, although in a more round about fashion." He raised his glass to an elegant brunette standing in the corner. "I have friends in high places too."

"You have friend in all sorts of places." Jinn shook his head.

"Exactly, and some in places you really wouldn't want to?hello Obi-Wan." He grinned, changing the subject as Qui-Gon elbowed him in the side. "Having a good time?"

"Not really, Master Berlingside." Obi-Wan confessed.

"Oh? Why would that be? What more do you need? Good company, pretty girls?lots of food."

Obi-Wan shot his master a heated look.

"Yes, whilst you have mentioned Obi-Wan's favorite things I'm afraid that he won't be sampling any of them tonight." Qui-Gon answered.

"Are you ill?" Dex frowned at the padawan.

"I wish I was. Then I could be at home in bed." Obi-Wan groused.

"He won't be enjoying the company because he is pining for Jemmiah." Qui-Gon teased the young man. "He won't be enjoying the food because he has a sabre exam tomorrow. He won't be enjoying the women because Jemmiah would kill him, and for that matter so would I."

Dex pulled a sympathetic face. "Oh, well! All the more for me!" He grinned, rubbing his hands gleefully. "What a pity."

"Cad." Was Qui-Gon's only comment.

One of the women actually waved at the group and Dex being who he was wasted no time in waving shamelessly back.

"Let the fun commence." The blonde master smirked, raising his glass in a toast.

Jemmiah returned to her apartment some four or so hours after she had left it, armed with two bottles of pink sparkling wine and a box of chocolates the size of a Hutt's mud-wallowing pool.

"Jemmiah, no!" Evla replied stubbornly. "You are NOT eating those chocolates! An-Paj said that?"

"I know what An-Paj said." Jemmiah tapped at the side of her head. "I have it memorised word for word. Anyhow, they're not for me. They're for you."

When Evla appeared somewhat startled, Jemmiah tried to explain, shuffling in embarrassed fashion from foot to foot.

"I got them because I wanted to say thank you for the way you've looked a

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe poor Obi... can't eat and can't mingle *snrk* hehehe

This was juuuuuz hilarious!!
    "Same as you, although in a more round about fashion." He raised his glass to an elegant brunette standing in the corner. "I have friends in high places too."

"You have friend in all sorts of places." Jinn shook his head.

"Exactly, and some in places you really wouldn't want to?hello Obi-Wan." He grinned, changing the subject as Qui-Gon elbowed him in the side. "Having a good time?"

hehehe that was great!

Poor Evla... she is trying... and Jem! Man what is she gonna do...and how is she gonna react? Hrmmm poor thing!

Great post! :D

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Poor Obi indeed. I'll keep him company, he'll get a good night's rest after hearing me talk about Chaucer for five minutes. He'll have maintained his weight because I'll make him nice stirfry. And Jemmy won't mind because I'm ugly. So... ::Grabs obi.:: Cya, SexyDexy!

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hehehe... Sexy Dexy, the life of the party...

Awww.... poor Evla! :(

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nearly choked on my coffee with Obi-Wan chacking his pants... I just bet that put ideas in many of the heads reading this... but not. Ah uh, no way! :D :D Of all the things to compare women Qui-Gon chose Obi-Wan's sock??? [face_laugh] Ahhh, Dex...

Ohhhh... Evla and Jem together is so sad to know what's going to happen.. :( :(

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Tee-Hee! Poor Obi. Not getting any help or pity from Qui and definately not Dexy. Jemmy should be happy! ;)

Oh and Elva... What was it I wanted to say? Oh! That's it! TELL HER!!!! [face_frustrated]

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Come on, you can give us a post!

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    "Some women find jedi fascinating." Dex stated as he munched on a sliced piece of Alderaani dough bread. "It's a strange fact of life."

"True." Qui-Gon agreed. "It could be that."

The stares and winks had been going on for some time - infact for the last few hours - and Obi-Wan had only calmed down when Qui-Gon had led him over to the buffet table and allowed him to stuff his face. The manner in which the padawan was eating left Qui-Gon shaking his head in disgust. The boy was looking at the food as if he hadn't eaten for the best part of a week.

"Slow down, Obi-Wan!" Qui-Gon said out the corner of his mouth. "Unless you want people to stare at you even more."

"I'm hungry, master."

"You're always hungry!"

"That's why I'm always eating."

Qui-Gon sighed and eyed his padawan balefully.

"I suggest if you want to leave any food for the guests you will stop acting like the termite I know you to be and just find a plate and pick what you want. If you continue eating as you go the table is liable to get devoured as well." He sniffed.

"I'm not that bad! Anyway, I couldn't eat a whole table."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"Maybe a leg?"

"Padawan." Growled Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan smiled and went to find a plate.

"What's wrong with him?" Dex wondered, flirting across the room with several young and nubile looking ladies on Valorum's staff.

"He's worried about Jemmiah. Frankly so am I." Qui-Gon continued to sip at his drink.

Dex paled visibly. "Surely she's getting better? I thought An-Paj had it all under control?"

"More or less. It's still early days of course but I think the fact it was such a close run thing is only just beginning to sink in. You should see her Dex, she's normally such an energetic person - so full of life - but she's so tired and worn out it's almost like looking at another person. It hurts to see it."

"It just takes time." Dex answered quietly, trying to reassure his friend. "She seemed pretty determined to me when I saw her last week."

"Oh, yes. There's no doubting her resoluteness. As you say, I am sure she will bounce back. Of course," Qui-Gon lowered his voice even though his padawan was far away from where they were both talking, "I did think twice about going to this thing tonight. If the Chancellor hadn't asked me personally I would have refused, but that would have been a slight and one can't afford to lose the friendship of someone as influential as Finis Valorum."

"You never know when it will come in handy?" Dex second-guessed him.

"Indeed."

Dex looked about him, scanning the large party of people for anyone else he might know.

"Well," Dex admitted, "I can't help but despise these sorts of functions. In my opinion the politics gets in the way of what is otherwise a very fine party!"

"You don't know how right you are." Agreed Qui-Gon, who for some after time remained silently lost in thought.

Dex picked up a sliced orchichi and began to slurp noisily as he sucked on the juice. He saw Qui-Gon's eyes gleam warningly.

"You are as bad as him!" Jinn nodded in the direction of his padawan who was in plain sight down the other end of the table, filling up his plate so that it resembled a mountain peak.

"You are so easy to wind up!" grinned Dex.

"How you ever survived your days in the crèche I will never know."

"Because all the crèche master's loved me!" Dex beamed proudly. "I was adorable!"

Berlingside's green eyes flicked from side to side, taking in the strain on his friend's face and the downcast turn of his lips. Something was bothering him.

"Want to talk about it?" Dex nudged him.

"What?"

"Whatever it is that's got you moping about with a face like a wet day on Dagobah." Replied the fair-haired master.

Qui-Gon turned a melancholy smile on his friend.

"Dex," he mumbled, "I appreciate your efforts at trying to cheer me up. I know its' not been easy for you since the Kaligari business," he stopped as he saw Dex's normally affable smile falter, "and I know that you are still in some discomfort."

"What's your Leona

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehehe loved this!

"I suggest if you want to leave any food for the guests you will stop acting like the termite I know you to be and just find a plate and pick what you want. If you continue eating as you go the table is liable to get devoured as well." He sniffed.

"I'm not that bad! Anyway, I couldn't eat a whole table."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"Maybe a leg?"

"Padawan." Growled Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan smiled and went to find a plate.

Now... that was juz bad of Jem!!! OH MY! What did she put on Qui's back?! hehehehe ack! The suspense on waiting until next post to find out!!!! Evil!!

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Arrghhh, I don't remember what it said either... drats, I'll just have tot wait too. I love the dialog between Dex and Qui and remembering this was before the Kaligara business in The Lions Sleeps Tonight still astonishes me!

Fabbo post Jem!

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aw!! I love seeing mature Dexy mixing in with Sexy Dexy. :)

"Absolutely not." Agreed Qui-Gon, noting that Dex was making his customary show off undressing slowly so as to tantalise the women standing at the side, giggling away.

LOL! That's our Dexy. ;)

And oh man, I so want to know what that sticker says! :D

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, i think he knows how it got there in the first place, but will be chewed out like a takkini chip if he admits it!

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Evla had been sitting back in her chair, dozing and waking and dozing again?and wondering what exactly she was going to say.

//How do I say it?// she wondered, feeling helplessness once more descend upon her. //How do I explain that I lied? Do I say 'I'm sorry Jemmiah but I didn't want you to know? I didn't think you would cope well?' And what will she think then? Will she hate me? Curse my name? Will she cry? How can I comfort her?//

Her thoughts were interrupted by the creaking of a door and when she looked up there was the pale but smiling figure of her daughter. Suddenly all he resolve disappeared.

//I can't do it?I just can't. I know I am a coward but I can't bear to see her miserable. Qui-Gon, what do I do now?//

"Were you sleeping?" Jemmiah asked hesitantly. "Because if you were I won't disturb you."

"N-no. That's okay." Evla smiled. "I was just snoozing. How was your nap?"

"I didn't sleep." Jemmy shrugged. "I guess my mind was just too cluttered and full of trivia. You know how it is sometimes."

"Is something bothering you or is it what we were talking about earlier?" Evla squinted at her perceptively. "It is, isn't it? Your still worried what Obi-Wan will get up to whilst he's at this dinner dance."

Jemmiah sat down beside her on the sofa and looked forlornly at her.

"I guess I've always paid too much attention to the way I look or how people think I look." She admitted miserably. "I used to be repulsive to look at?"

"You never were!" Evla sounded shocked.

"Oh, come on?I was hideous. Big, glow in the dark freaky eyes and a pointy chin, with hair that did it's own thing. You can't say I was a beauty. Everyone thought I was ugly."

"Then they were wrong!" Evla snapped. "You were never repulsive. You were unique. Which of us are perfect?"

"Things got better when I grew up. I was quite happy. I almost liked my face, which is terribly big-headed but it's true."

"There's no shame in that." The crèche master answered her.

"I just feel that I've gone back to how I was. I don't look pretty. I don't feel pretty. If I think that, what is Ben going to think? I couldn't really blame him for finding someone else, could I?"

"Jemmiah," Evla said carefully and slowly, fixing her with a look that suggested her daughter might not like what she was about to say, "you have a problem here that only you can sort out. It's not about how you look or how you act - it's about how you feel. Something tells me that you've lost all confidence in yourself. You have to believe that Obi-Wan would never desert you?"

"I don't want him to feel sorry for me!" Jemmiah looked stung. "That's no reason to stay together."

"He stays with you because he wants to." Evla said simply. "He sees in you things about yourself that you cannot. He sees the goodness in you. He sees the warm person you are. Most of all he can tell when you are hurt and pretend not to be."

She took Jemmiah's chin in her hands and forced the girl to look into her eyes.

"Sweetheart, you'll get that conviction and strength back one day soon and then there will be no stopping you. And you'll even learn to like yourself along the way. It might take a long time, but I promise you that one day you will look in that mirror and see somebody who is happy and comfortable with being who she is."

"Knowing my luck it won't be me!" Jemmy laughed, causing Evla to laugh too.

"You just need to time to relax and get stronger. When the body heals the mind heals too."

Jemmiah listened, trying her hardest to believe what she said.

"Your greatest problem is that nobody valued you when you were little." Evla watched her daughter flinch at the truth of her words. "But I valued you, and so did Qui-Gon. You have friends who care about you. Turn to them if you need help. It's no sin to rely on people. It isn't a weakness." She put an arm round Jemmiah's waist and gave her a hug. "You don't have to do things on your own like you always have."

Jemmiah rested her head against Evla's shoulder. "You're my strength." She smiled thankfully. "I

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Evla... she wants to tell her but can't get the nerve and when she did... Jem talked it down.

Hehehehehehehehehehehe! So that's what it said! *SNRK!* hehehehe that's juz hilarious! PINCH ME hehehehe Great going Jem!! Oh I sooo can't wait for that talk! ;)

Great work!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Joins the line to pinch Quiggy.:: Yup, go jemmiah! Poor Evla's NEVER going to be able to tell her!

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Elva... I really wish she could summon the courage to tell Jemmiah. It's something she really deserves to know.

*snicker* Qui-Gon you think you would have learned to check yourself for signs after saying good-bye to Jemmy. ;) *pinch*

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, I love how Evla argues Jemmy's thoughts of herself, it's so sweet. Arrrggghh... so darn close to telling her. Evla, you so should have right there was the perfect oportunity!

Pinch me!!! Ahhh, that was it. Tee, hee! Poor Qui-Gon and his ab used bottom.. I suppose I'll have to offer assistance in making it all better. [face_batting]

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aww, poor Evla. :( I feel so bad for her!

And LOL to the Pince Me sign... Typical Jem. :p

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Upping this with a great big Happy Birthday Wish for you Jemmiah!! :D May your day be filled with red ribbon bound Obi-Wan's. :D

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    [face_whistling]
    Happy Birthday Jem!! Have a Father Jack and Obi filled day![face_dancing]
    [face_whistling]

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Happy b-day Jemmy!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Kicking this up! Hoping you had a fantastic birthday!

Looking for a new post. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.