main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Tomorrowland

Discussion in 'Community' started by dp4m, Oct 9, 2014.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    like for instance during the week it's $5.15 for a matinee, but on the weekend it's $5.95, and that's only until noon, then there's a different price from 12-6. rediculous.

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I plan to see this Wednesday, Empire Magazine gave it a really good review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It made an estimated $12 million on Friday, so heading for a not so great ~$40 million holiday weekend. It might pick up a bit if word of mouth is better than the reviews.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Seeing this tonight.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Skipping this and watching Mad Max twice. You should do the same!

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Mad Max looks like a weird movie I think I will wait till it hits Netflix as for Tomorrowland I usually agree with Empire Magazine and they said It was Clooneys best since Oh Brother Where Art Thou and they raved about Brad Bird and said the movie had a very 1980's nostalgic Steven Spielberg feel to it, the last movie I heard that about was Super 8 and I absolutely loved Super 8 !!!!!!!!!! If Empire Magazine gave it a glowing review then I am sure I will love the movie, they rarely steer me wrong. That is part of the reason I subscribe to Empire Magazine that and IMHO Empire Magazine is the best Entertainment Magazine Hands Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Reviews I read in the UK papers today weren't very good. Said the visuals were good but the plot was bland and predictable.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    most reviewers don't know what they are talking about, they have an agenda and It isn't to give there honest opinion, it is to sell papers and there is a politics in Hollywood that has nothing to do with the movies they are reviewing but rather the movie studios pitting one against the other, in Hollywood they hate Lucasfilms and almost as much as they hate Lucasfilms they hate Disney which they have dubbed and brainwashed the general public and movie going audience into calling "THE EVIL EMPIRE" they even make baseless accusations calling Walt Disney a Nazi.

9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i might go see Tomorrowland in this next week. i had a feeling it wouldn't be a huge movie. Mad Max, i've never even watched the original.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I saw the original Mad Max and the subsequent sequels and I did not care for them at all, not my cup of tea. so I doubt I would like the new one.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's something I might watch on TV, but I'm not going to pay cinema prices for the new Mad Max.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I wasn't a fan of any of the previous Mad Max movies, but Fury Road is simply spectacular. Don't do yourselves a disservice by dismissing it out of hand. Especially when it seems the subject of this thread comes out considerably short in terms of spectacle or entertainment value.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

[​IMG]

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Is your Name Adam? That Is my Name!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leoluca Randisi is my Great Granfathers Name he was from Sicily ....

Corleone Sicily .....

15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The critics hate Disney so much they've given most of their marvel and Pixar movies good to great reviews.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. maerj2000

maerj2000 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2014
    Tomorrowland was really good! I see where critics felt let down by one aspect of the plot but I don't think that whole movie hinged on that one aspect. I won't give it away
    but you'll understand when you see it.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Marvel yes, but except for all of Pixars early stuff lately It has been a mixed bag with the critics regarding Pixar. I loved both Muppets Movies but the Critics ripped apart Muppets Most Wanted.

Empire Magazine Loved It the only two downsides according to them was It slowed down toward the End and they said In All Of Brad Birds Other films the Characters were Likable but In this they were Lacking in the Personality Department, but they go on to say It was George Clooney's best movie role since Oh Brother Where Art Thou and I loved Oh Brother Where Art Thou so that is saying a lot, and if the characters were so lacking then how could it be Clooney's best since Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Another thing to ponder can anyone think of a bad Brad Bird film? I loved The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Iron Giant, and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol was probably the best Mission Impossible movie followed by Abrams Mission Impossible.

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    And the reason those Pixar films didn't get raves is because they were not as good as the films that came before it. Now take inside out, which is getting raves coming out of Cannes.

Point is, critics don't hate Disney...and I can't believe I forgot the biggest example to prove this given that it's a Disney creation, frozen.

You just seem mad because they gave the prequels ****. And actually that isn't even true since ROTS got pretty good reviews. Critics didn't give the prequels the rep they have.

Might want to rethink your argument

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I disagree the Only Pixar movie that I did not care for was Cars 2 and even that was Mildly Entertaining and I loved Both Muppets films they felt Like Classic Muppets fare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heck I even Liked Brave, and as my Sister said, And she has two Girls one In the 8th Grade and one in the 5th Grade, she said They have to Occasionally Make Pixar Movies for Girls....

DarthMane2 likes this.
  20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    And those are your opinions. You are not part of majority that agree. And brave did get good reviews. The main criticism was that it was a let down In terms of creativity compared to Pixars other works. Still considered a good movie.

both muppets movies got good reviews. The first one had 96% on RT and the second one a 78%. The rep for the second film is mostly because it wasn't a boxoffice hit. Bad marketing being mostly to blame and not critics.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well all I know is my 7 year old Nephew and all my other little nieces and nephews loved Brave and I liked Brave and that is all that matters. I don't care what the majority of people think of a movies I just care what My family and me think of them, just for example Everybody and there grandma has a facebook account but I refuse to conform to society and sign up I also refuse to buy or use a cell phone if you want to get in touch with me I have a Land-line and you can E-Mail me.

on a side note I don't know if you guys know this but you can now get the Michael Giacchino Tomorrowland Soundtrack on Spotify! and tonight on WQXR FM New York Radio there will be a show streaming from 9-10PM Tonight Chronicling the Music from Giacchino's movies Inside Out, Jurassic World, And Tomorrowland, they are basically playing the music of all three films from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM Tonight, obviously not the whole soundtracks, .....

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Exactly. You're free to like whatever you want. Doesn't mean the critics you dislike are wrong in their opinions of a film.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    but they have an agenda. what is my agenda, I have no agenda just to be entertained and I am 95 % of the time may be more.

24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    You believe they have an agenda. It's not a fact.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I have this friend from back in New York Very educated guy He is a Therapist, Got his Degree from the University Of Maryland, he Told me That the Media has an agenda and it is not to tell an honest story It is 1. $ driven and 2. Politically Driven, and you are better off reading the news in the Washington post and then making up your own mind based on sound reasoning and what you read. Makes sense?