main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL TONIGHT USA 9pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Annya_Latoure2, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    If you dont already know tonight on USA at 9pm the LIFETIME Acivment award to George Lucas is on, I just seen the commercial for it it looks great. So dont forget to watch it.

TONIGHT AT 9PM on USA

THIS WAS POSTED BY ROSS NOT DENISE, she always forgets to sign out of the boards and I always forget to check to see that she has.

2. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
  3. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    I saw a thing on US Weekly where Harrison Ford arrived at this evetn with two 501st Stormtroopers at his side, awesome pic! Someone please record this since I dont have cable, please. If its any good, maybe we can watch it at the next meeting.
    Later

4. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    [face_laugh] =D= It was hilarious and informative. I especially found William Shattner opening up the program as an especially humorous turn. I am a Trekkie as well as a Star Wars fan. The Stormtroopers were a hoot and the footage was spectacular. A must watch and we did tape it for anyone who missed it to see.

5. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    yeah denise, shatner and his troopers MADE the show. Nuff said :)

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    This is showing again on Sat. night guys!!!

7. SambaTahl

SambaTahl Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I LOVED this show! I think it was a must have for any SW fan! They really played into the folklore that George created and even acknowleged the impact it has all made on the culture of our socitey.My personal favorite was when they showed the fans thanking him, one by one, each with their own personal story. I don't think I have seen any other AFI award show that included comments from people of different enthic background and cultures...really testifies as to why Star Wars is so loved, its trans-generational! ( is that a word? ) Anyhoo, just thought I give my opinion in case any of you were thinking of NOT taping it! :D

8. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    :mad: Ok Jace, since the camps of Star Wars and Star Trek are so diametrically opposed to each other, I thought it was good to get the show off with both reverence from the other Universe and irreverence from Mr Star Trek himself. I didn't say they made the show, just that was a hoot and great send up for the show. Being a bit more exposed to the genre than you, I have a broader pallet from which to draw my sci-fi interests from. I have no preferance of one over the other and your jabs at my Trek interest is a bit narrowminded.[face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking][face_shame_on_you]

9. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    where the hell did that come from? Bad day denise?

To set the record straight, i am a huge TREK fan, and I was not being sarcastic when i said "Shatner and his troopers made the show", i was being serious.

However since my comment evidently was just dripping with sarcasm (it wasnt), i stand corrected for agreeing with you and complimenting Will Shatner...

whatever.

10. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    Sorry didn't mean to sound so defensive, but you comment sounded a little sarcastic to me. I didn't think I came on real strong, but beg your forgiveness if I did.:-B

11. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    didnt we have the same discussion like 2 weeks ago? Im a big lord of the rings fan, and an even bigger anime fan. thats what makes up unique, is that everyone in our group brings something different to the table. were not gonna see "the star wars vs trekkies" massacare any time soon. and if it does happen, may god have mercy on our nerdy souls

12. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    WAH WAH WAH!!! !!! !!!:_|
    At least you all got to SEE the show, us poor people dont even get to see TBS with this coat hanger I call an antenna on my TV!:D
    Smell that? It's called sarcasm :p
    Later
    BTW, I would like to see that tape at our next get-together...

13. Annya_Latoure2

Nov 15, 2003
    We recorded it hon so anytime you and your troops want to see it, we will hook you up. :-B

Sorry Jace, you know how us total SCI-FI geeks get....we are used to getting stoned by the crowd so we always go out with shields raised [face_praying] [face_beatup]

14. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    You know what it is? It's the fact that, when reading posts, it is hard to tell emotion. So many things can be misinterpreted. Jace thought one thing, Denise another. I could have seen it either way. So instead of jumping on each other's case... ask. :) That way if Jace was poking, he would let you know; and if Denise had a bad day, she would let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.