main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Too Far, So Close ~ One-shot, angst/mush, K/J

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Title: Too Far, So Close
    Author(s): SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: (Few years after the end of Yuuzhan Vong war.. )
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Leia Solo, Valin Horn.
    Genre: AU, one-shot, romance, angst?
    Keywords: Missing someone.
    Summary: Just a one-shot I thought of.. when two people know they need each other, but can?t quite be where they want to be.
    Notes: .. (Lyrics in italics from The Script: The Man Who Can?t Be Moved)

Too Far, So Close

Cause If one day you wake up and find your missing me
    and your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

?.. Jaina, are you alright??
    Her mother?s voice swept into her senses, pulling her back to reality.

Faking a smile, Jaina replied,
    ?Of course I am.? She took a sip of caf and added, ?Shouldn?t I be??

Across the table her mother gave her a sceptical look. She didn?t answer. And Jaina felt the tension within her start to clench tighter around her heart, whilst she tried to appear casual and nonchalant on the surface.

Mother and daughter gazed at each other for several long seconds. And eventually the false smile faded from Jaina?s lips.

?You can talk to me anytime, Jaina, you know that.? Leia comforted her softly, as she saw the light vanish from her daughter?s dark eyes.

Putting down her cup, Jaina nodded mutely.

?It?s just,? Leia hesitated, ?you haven?t been the same lately. You?re not happy since .. since he -?
    ?- Mum, I?m just a bit run down, it?s nothing.? Jaina cut in quickly, ?It?s got nothing to do with anyone, just me, that?s all. I?ll be fine.?

Looking at her knowingly, her mother spoke quietly,
    ?He?ll be fine. And he?ll be back??

With pain-filled eyes Jaina stared back disbelievingly. Technically there was nothing going on. Jaina thought sadly, she didn?t have a guy, she wasn?t in a relationship. And yet her own mother could detect something was almost there. Or something Jaina wished was there. Or rather, someone.

It wasn?t fair.

After swallowing her hurt, Jaina abruptly stood up,
    ?I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

Without another word Jaina walked out the café.

~

People talk about the guy who?s waiting on a girl
    There are no holes in his shoes but a big hole in his world

It was beautiful. And he hated it.

He should be enjoying the surroundings. Relaxing and taking in the peace before the real work began for the mission. But he couldn?t unwind. His mind wouldn?t let him sleep, eat, or sit still.

Restlessly Kyp strolled along his hotel-room balcony. The scenery was lush. But as he looked out into the wilderness, it wasn?t what he saw.

Instead he saw dark brandy coloured eyes alight with laughter. He saw kissable lips and could almost make out the intoxicating sound of her voice. But those memories were almost ghostly in comparison to the real woman he adored.

He?d been picked for this mission.

Dutifully he?d accepted.

She had argued, for no real reason.

And both of them had left each other with angry words. Words that had been unkind and untrue. The argument had been a smoke-screen, to hide the real feelings stirring underneath.

How he wished he could go back and make it right. To show her that she meant the universe to him. If only, but he couldn?t he was stuck on the other-side of the galaxy. And regretting it, with all his being.

?I hate the distance?? He murmured to himself.

Silently he thought to himself: I?ll find a way to be close ?

~

After several tears, Jaina had crashed on the couch. She curled up and tried to stop the hurt. She closed her eyes and wished for her feelings to flee. She knew it was useless.

But then, just as she drifted off, she swore she felt his warms envelop around her.

The slightest impression of a sweet kiss touched her forehead.

?Soon??

The single word echoed in her mind as she began to dream.

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    That last bit was beautiful. *dreamy sigh*

And the song is great, isn't it?
    One of the best songs this year, me thinks.

Wonderful job.

=D=

3. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    hey! Beautiful one-shot - you captured the emotions really nicely, it was so sad! But the ending was sweet... oh, K/J, how I love them!!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous one shot and terrific song. Loved the ending there... great hint of mushy reconciliations. :) :)

5. ProofThatThisIsReal

ProofThatThisIsReal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2009
    Beautiful. I love how you use short, terse sentences. I would probably drag them out unknowingly and thus ruin the mood. Anyway, the title reminded me of another song; 'Stay (Faraway, so close)' by U2.

6. KnightJaina

KnightJaina Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2004
    Delightful one-shot! K/J stories always get me....thanks for sharing!! :)

7. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Awwwwwww-- that's my daily spoonful of mush. [face_love] Wonderful job!

love, marybeth

8. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Ceillean: I love that song too, great lyrics. Glad ya enjoyed it, thanks for clicking...

Jedi_Sword: Thank you, I luv K/J, so I'm glad other people fancied a bit of them on the boards too..

Jade_eyes: Cheers J_e! .. Well I couldn't end it coldly, I like this couple too much.:p

ProofThatThisIsReal: I normally don't write like this, but I do like trying something different, so I was firm with myself to be quick and simple with this one. Thanks for reading. Great U2 song btw!;)

KnightJaina: Thanks for clicking!:D

JediBettyBug18: Gotta luv mush! ;) Nice to see ya again bettybug! Thanks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.