main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Too many cards!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Lord_Makro, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    I have a problem with deck building. I have all the cards from AOTC and SR, and some from ANH and there are just so many of them! I see other people's decks and they all use so many different cards from different sets. I think it's better if you make decks from cards from a particular set each time, because this way it's easier to deside which cards to use and you have the pleasure of playing with as many cards as possible from every set. I prefer to play AOTC vs AOTC deck, or ANH vs ANH deck, etc.
    What do you think?

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I have a problem with deck building. I have all the cards from AOTC and SR, and some from ANH and there are just so many of them! I see other people's decks and they all use so many different cards from different sets. I think it's better if you make decks from cards from a particular set each time, because this way it's easier to deside which cards to use and you have the pleasure of playing with as many cards as possible from every set. I prefer to play AOTC vs AOTC deck, or ANH vs ANH deck, etc.
    What do you think?

Interesting, and fun, but combining different sets provides more variety, and is more chance of making a sucsessful deck.

If you need specific good cards start buying singles, it may cost more but at least it isnt random :p

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    Get a job

4. Valoisian

Valoisian Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2003
    Mixmaster, get a life. Just because Rebelbasers is down, it doesn't mean you have to go trolling on all the other SW:TCG boards.

5. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Mixmaster, get a life. Just because Rebelbasers is down, it doesn't mean you have to go trolling on all the other SW:TCG boards.

That explains something...

6. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Indeed.

I personally like mixing sets. I've found that cards from any one set are really limited in what you can do. Even the most hardcore AOTC deck will probably have some SR and JG cards, etc.

Although from the spoils I have seen of ESB, I could soon be mistaken :)

7. Lord_Makro

Nov 13, 2002
    I also agree that it's best when you are mixing cards from different sets. However, with so many cards available you lose the excitement of playing with as many cards as possible. There are so many great cards and it's a shame to just have most of them without ever playing with them. It's about having fun with the game...
    Unfortunately you can't play with all of them...

8. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I organize all my cards in a way where I have my most powerful characters/ground/space down to my least powerful characters so I don't even notice which is from which set (well besides that I just kind of know). I think its good to theme your deck but restricting the theme to one set might not be as fun.

9. Acen_the_Jester

Acen_the_Jester Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    I organize my cards by side(light, dark, neutral) then card type (char, ground, space, mission, battle) then by build for char ground and space then alphabetically within build cost and alphabetically for mission and battle. Yay for organization!

10. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah mine is pretty similar - except I just changed my characters a bit. Everything is done by light, neutral, dark then by card type. Then characters are seperated into most powerful characters first but for stacking purposes I put all the same character together and organize more by type. But its only characters that I do that. Ground and Space I organize by build - most expensive first. Then mission is by build then alphabetically. Battle is by ability cost then alphabetically.

I love organizing :) .

11. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    My cards are sorted by Light side deck usable, Dark side deck usable, then alphabetically by type. Yes... this means I typically pack 8 of each neutral card.

I know the cards more by their names than anything else.

12. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    If you think this game has alot of cards, you should check out SWCCG, which has something like 2,400 some cards, not counting the virtual cards!

13. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I just deconstructed all of my decks and now I am also having trouble making new decks. What helps is coming up with a theme and a lot of play-testing to see what works.

14. Lord_Makro

Nov 13, 2002
    A good theme is to use AOTC cards with SR (Episode 2) for one deck and ANH with BOY (Episode 4) for another. The same can be done with ESB and the next set from Episode 5 that will be released. However, where does JG fit if you choose these themes for your decks? Hmmmm...

15. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I also have trouble getting started on a deck. I mix all sets as well. I just go through my cards until I get an idea. I start it and keep making myself build it until I have a complete deck. Then just play it over and over all the while making changes and eventually you will have a sound deck. Also, playing against other people gives you good ideas.

16. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I like the idea of a creature/discard deck since many creatures force a discard. The only problem is that the stronger creatures are hard to get. Its one of those that I will keep playing though to see if I can perfect.

The other one I'm going for is a death star/storm trooper deck - or is it walker/storm trooper? Now I cant' remember but its imperial themed with one heavy vehicle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.