main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Too Many Cooks in our Romance- An Answer to RK_Striker_JK_5's self-realization challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Noelie, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Author: Noelie
    Notes: This is for the Self-Realization challenge in the Resource forum. It was a great challenge and both RK_Striker and Ish have kindly allowed me to abuse them. Enjoy!

~~~~~~

"Do we know yet?"

Qui-Gon shook his head solemnly at his companions.

"I have no idea which one is going to get the next post. Our fate is still up for grabs."

Liam Senoe snorted, "well at least you two always exist. If Rk_Striker_JK_5 has his way I might never have a chance to live."

Noela patted his arm, "Don't worry about that, you're Ish's pet. You know she conveniently forgets the love scenes Noelie does write, so she has to write some more just to indulge Ish's fixation."

"Exactly," Qui-Gon exclaimed exultantly, "On the other hand if Noelie is in charge I find myself getting misty-eyed and unable to eat my morning mush for a month! It isn't exactly what a Jedi Master should find himself feeling more than every so often. It's practically every post. Still I prefer that to Ish."

"What is your deal with Ish?"

"She has this need to get me into something they refer to as a missionary haircut and for some reason she thinks I believe in the Alderaanian Holy Law of Chastity."

Noela rolled her eyes, "Well you do tend to smack me over the head with it on a frequent basis."

He looked smug, "It is a good idea for you."

"Hypocrite!" Noela laughed.

"It isn't my fault j'm. She wrote me with the irresistible desire to protect you."

"Which of course you showed by running of with Tahl. Good choice Jinn."

He waved his hand dismissively, "That is explained by someone else. Ish is under the delusion Tahl is canon rather than EU."

Liam and Noela only shook their heads in response. For a moment there was silence as they continued to wait for their fate of the day to be decided, then both men noticed with concern that Noela looked perplexed.

"Why do you always call me J'm?" She finally asked.

"Noelie's at fault again. Apparently it is some Quebecois term of endearment. It goes along with all the sentimental thinking that affects the woman frequently."

"At least you have something sweet to call her," Liam retorted.

"And you get all the love scenes with her." Came the instant challenge.

Liam looked smug, "I was rather pleased with the fighting naked thing. Somehow Noelie managed to write that and not violate TOS."

Noela nodded, "And I got a good bubble bath out of it."

"And I got a ruddy cold shower," muttered Qui-Gon.

This time Noela and Liam both patted his back in commiseration.

All of a sudden Noela gasped,"We forgot something!"

"What?" asked the two men, both feeling some alarm.

"Araxie could be in charge today!"

They shook their heads sadly.

"That would be too good to hope for."

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh][face_laugh]=D=

Noelie, that was brilliant! So sad, not knowing who will control you like that. I loved Liam worrying that I'd be writing it. ;) Excellent, excellent. :)

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, that was good - weaving characters and authors!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Liam looked smug, "I was rather pleased with the fighting naked thing. Somehow Noelie managed to write that and not violate TOS."

Noela nodded, "And I got a good bubble bath out of it."

"And I got a ruddy cold shower," muttered Qui-Gon.

I nearly choked from laughing so hard.

5. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    "Araxie could be in charge today!"
    They shook their heads sadly.

"That would be too good to hope for."

Ha, Ha, I don't think I could do any of them justice. I will just write around and promote BST when I can. :)

On a funny note I had to explain to my husband that I was Araxie!

I have to say I loved the whole post. Very cute, and very, very funny!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was hysterical!!

What all of us fan fic'ers put the poor characters through!

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hilarious Noelie.

It's good thing characters can't get back at author's for what they're put through. LOL

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    [face_laugh] I get it! I get it! I may be new ot the Noelaverse, but I get it! [face_laugh]

Liam Senoe snorted, "well at least you two always exist. If Rk_Striker_JK_5 has his way I might never have a chance to live."

:eek: Jon wants Liam dead?

This was fun, Noelie. Excellent examination of the collaborative effect and its delerium inducing effect on these characters.

Edit: I wondered about that J'm thing, too. :p

9. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    RK_Striker_JK_5: I am glad you enjoyed it. After all you were the one that showed the way. I am also glad you were more than willing to be the brunt of some good-natured teasing. Thanks!:)

Valairy_Scot: It seemed the only way to deal with this group because of the collaboration effect, and sometimes we forget just who did what, or will do what, ect. Thanks for reading!

DarthIshtar
    : I am so glad you laughed because that is purely what it means to be what I told Jon, just good natured poking at all of us in this little collaboration. Besides we really can't separate everything, because even if one of us wrote something it gets used and abused by the other unmercifully. After all we now know why Qui-Gon knows Noela's abdomen by sight, and that wasn't your fault! :p

Araxie: I think it is funny that Michael forgot you were Araxie. Yes you would do fine, the gentlest on the group of all of us..:)

Kelia: Yes indeed we can be brutal to these wonderful souls we pull the strings of, on a frequent basis. Thanks for hopping in to read!

Healer_Leona: Indeed it is a great blessing they can't get a shot at us for a change! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading!

BrodieW: RK_Striker_JK_5 has long been one of the best known Quiela-shippers out there. One of his first responses to one of my Liela posts was and I quote only in love Grabs Liam and shoves him down an airshaft and subs Qui-Gon* . He doesn't really want Liam dead ,and I am only speaking here for Jon now, but he just really admires Qui-Gon and thinks that Noela is the suitable girl for him.

He patiently puts up with our ribbing. He is a most excellent friend to do that!

I was sure you would *get* it :) Never any doubt about you being able to do that. I am glad it explained a few things, but one thing is for sure. If it is dripping with mush, it is my fault! :)

10. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    And you get all the love scenes with her." Came the instant challenge.

[face_laugh] Where did miss this scene?:confused:

11. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    ObsessedwithSW: I think you must have found that link :)

Thanks for coming to read my response. I really appreciate it!.

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    "Why do you always call me J'm?" She finally asked.

"Noelie's at fault again. Apparently it is some Quebecois term of endearment. It goes along with all the sentimental thinking that affects the woman frequently."

So that's where J'm comes from...cool!

Great job on this, Noelie! =D= I love the whole idea of them wondering and discussing which author they'll have.

13. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "It isn't my fault j'm. She wrote me with the irresistible desire to protect you."

"Which of course you showed by running of with Tahl. Good choice Jinn."

Yeah, smooth move, Qui-Gon. :rolleyes:

Those poor characters, torn between three writers, lol.

That was very good.

14. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    amidalachick: It was fun to write from that standpoint. We are all so different and sometimes are not always in complete agreement, but still manage somehow ever if we torture the characters!

BrentusofGathIt was fun. I agree absolutely. There will be a challenge in there somewhere about making it a "smooth move" and somehow explainable. It can't be just a case of bad taste or no brains can it? [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.