main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Too much of a lapse in consistency?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Even before TCW began, we were told it would be a collection of separate stories, each with its own distinct flavor, characters, etc. However, in Season 3 I noticed that this "variety" has in some cases been too extreme. In some cases the episode gap has gone from different flavors to different genres altogether. Take Landing at Point Rain and Evil Plans for example. One is a violent brothers-in-arms episode filled with action and drama. Evil Plans involved R2 having a day at the spa while on a trip to get fruit for a party.

While I fully agree with the variety this show has given us in the past, I feel that at this point the series needs to find its rythym and maintain a steady pace. Not to say there can't be different types of stories, just the same overall tone. Feel free to chime in and express your thoughts, opinions, etc. :)

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If they were capable of making different episodes well, I'd be fine with a bit of variety. But anything other than bog-standard action always seems clunky, awkward and wooden to me.

At least Season 4 looks to be addressing the 'variety' issue and going back to the WAR aspect of the Clone WARS.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm fine with totally different eps but i hate the way they had so much politics in a row during season3- season2 had nice order of eps and I had absolutely no probs with Senate Spy and Senate Murders (i didn't watch them online like i did now:D i waited until airing here so i had one ep per week and no big breaks- i think murders upset people so much because it was after a long break and didn't really show much action....)

More seasons like season2 with action then bit politics more action then bit politics and season finale as action of course but season3 had action then politics ,politics,.... politics:_|

I liked Supply Lines:) and Sphere:) but then Corruption[face_sick] ... two eps in a row about political themes needs compensation as action instead of crappy poison tea thing (yes i know it was unintentionally poisoned- even worse...)

The worst thing in Academy was mention of Anakin going to help Kit in the battle- which one you would like to follow- Anakin who goes to battle or Ahsoka who goes to school?
    Same in Assassin- Anakin goes to civil war and Ahsoka goes to continue her studies[face_tired] ok even though Ahsoka had her own adventures at the time but still we totally forgot the battlefields after Supply Lines and didn't see them until Nightsisters- really and even in that trilogy they were on the background then we went to some crappy Mortis:rolleyes: ........

4. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    I think that this was the main problem with Season 3. (and why I think we should rewatch the seasons in chronological order [face_whistling]). They had plenty of material in the season to be able to give us a better spread of episode styles.

But although back to what you said about R2 in the spa, this quote from Filoni has me a little concerned about Season 4:

"EW: Can we expect more multi-episode storylines in the future?
    DF: Yes, we?re starting to plan more stories around three-episode arcs. It allows the writers to tell more expansive stories. But we have a couple really fun stand-alone episodes going forward, especially when we check in on R2-D2 and C-3PO." [face_worried] Even though I do love R2 and 3PO maybe not another whole episode, unless its really really good.....

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I really didn't hate evil plans it's placing in the middle of political marathon was bad but then again it was ok episode- that droidarc is seen in trailer of season4- while i like R2- Boba-arc really suffered R2 Come Home -episode it took the focus away from Boba and R2 stole the show- just not good writing... i fear that new arc suffers too -or is it standalone then?.....

6. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I don't care about the inconsistency lap, but I do find find that the number of battles seen on this show is far from enough. At least the majority of the season should focus on the war. Unfortunately that is impossible, because aside from the Jedi, they've created many fan-favorite side characters like Savage Opress, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Duchess Satine, the Mandalorians, other bounty hunters, etc.

7. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    The problem was not that there was politics, but that it was written so badly. If the political episodes were more nuanced, without trying to hammer morals down the audience's throats, or having scenes where political strawman blurt out buzzwords like "corruption," "deregulation," and the like in poorly-strung together lines for the sole point of appearing more mature than it really was, then perhaps political episodes would be fine. As I've complained about before, the lack of meaningful opposition to Padme's viewpoint makes these episodes seem like tracts where the writers are trying to hammer in the idea that she is always right. From the way it's portrayed, all militarists might as well be mustache-twirling villains.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Well I am not so demanding what comes to writing of politics i accept eps like Supply Lines, Heroes on Both Sides and Sphere of Influence- nothing in SW is 100 percent realistic- physics, battletactics nothing...... so why politics should be? I'm ok with simple moral teachings in form of slightly unrealistic politics- but Pursuit of Peace and Padmé's speech nearly made me to puke[face_sick] It was totally stupid it was so naive in-universe as well and how can Teckla be so poor apparently Padmé is reason for that not war -very poorly written ep- how can even Padmé be so naive......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.