main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Too much use of the Force?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tatooine Twilight Twins, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013

This post and the one on "Han-Colored Glases" made my day. After reading a few pages of this thread I wouldn't be surprised if some guy assaults this forum asking for less droids, less spaceships, or less planets... gheeez!

Lord Chazza and VadersLaMent like this.
  2. Nathan Jeffers

Nathan Jeffers Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2014
    I have to agree with that initial post. Making characters too strong takes tension out of the action and the story (cough superman cough wolverine) it seemed like they tried to get back to that for maybe the first half of episode 3. Obiwan actually surprised by anakin jumping back into the elevator, insead of sensing he was about to jump down...keep jedi human and they will be that much more compelling!

3. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Yet all these superpeople get killed off so they obviously are not superheroes.

Grytpype and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    This is from a media group that already believed they "knew" what a good Star Wars movie was and went in wanting to get that so totally unsurprisingly to anyone looking into it the only one they really got what they wanted was III.

Lucas could have so easily gone the lazy route and do exactly what people wanted him to do.

I expect that the ST will go that route and it'll be a nice typical kind of film like so many movies today are.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    I wonder if at the end of Ep IX we realize that they never needed the force to begin with... Everyone had that power already, and Obi-Wan tells Luke that Anakin never made that lightsaber for him, he just found it in a cracker jack box...

6. MovingPictures73

MovingPictures73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    One thing that made the OT special was the sense that the story was being told through the eyes of the force. I didn't see that so much in the PT, it felt artificially synthesized in the manner that the OT was organic.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

And I can't for the life of me figure out why a Star Wars fan would want less Jedi and less Force.

The writer seems to have forgotten that in the Original Trilogy the Force users (Jedi and Sith) WERE "superhuman, magic wielders".

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

And will this mediums abilities be fro the Force, or another source?

Does he or she need to be happy all the time?

:)

(Sorry I meant to join those two posts)

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There needs to be a mix of Force users and non-force users.

10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    No, I understood
    I understood I just like using the "happy medium" thing.

The non-Force users out numbered the Force users in the OT and vice versa in the PT

It isn't Star Wars without the Force

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    For you maybe. EU SW for you but I love when Jedi work with non-force users such as criminals and others. Zayne Carrick and Gryph, Quinlan Vos and Villie, Anakin Solo and Vua Rapuung for a few examples. I love seeing smugglers and other criminals, starfighter pilots etc.

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    For you maybe. EU SW for you but I love when Jedi work with non-force users such as criminals and others. Zayne Carrick and Gryph, Quinlan Vos and Villie, Anakin Solo and Vua Rapuung for a few examples. I love seeing smugglers and other criminals, starfighter pilots etc.[/quote]

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

I never said anywhere that Star Wars should only have Force users and no regular beings.

I simply said they were the minority in one trilogy and the majority in the other - and that without Force users it isn't Star Wars

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

I never said anywhere that Star Wars should only have Force users and no regular beings.

I simply said they were the minority in one trilogy and the majority in the other - and that without Force users it isn't Star Wars[/quote]
    It's that last statement. I agree that the Force makes SW unique but I really enjoy the Jedi for different reasons from others.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You got the quotes mixed up just so you know. Well I find that people like the Jedi because they have super powers and such things. I like them for the relationships with other characters. I like non-force users just as much as force-users.

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I was cutting out the unnecessary chunks - I'm posting from my phone so I missed that quote thingy.

So you think everyone besides yourself only like Jedi for their Force abilities? What do you base that on?

I don't think anyone here (I certainly wasn't) was saying that Star Wars should be Force users only

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Every now and again I worry that same thing, but Abrams isn't that kind of film-maker.

He isn't concerned with what he fan base thinks it wants - because fans are not the best ones to decide where the material should go

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I might not be the only one but it feels like the majority do.

19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Sorry, can you explain that - "you might not be he only one who what?" "It feels like the majority do what?"

I'll be back in a couple of hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.