main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Too-Poor-For-SWC II Thread.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Hey anyone not going to Star Wars Celebration II?
    Those of us staying can nave our own here in Florida.
    We can have our own costume contest, I'll make a couple trophies if need be, make our own panels, have a couple of role playing games going... anything else we can think of.
    Anyone know a place we can have this real cheap, or who wants to let us crash in their back yards? I have a tent and an inflatable pool...
    Buzz

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm not going to Celebration 2, but I'm all the way up here in Atlanta. :(

3. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    I too am too unfortunate to go to Celebration II....woe...woe...

4. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm not going :(
    I can't even get to the meeting on Saturday.

5. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Can someone give her a ride? I'd do it but I have a thing to do that morning... involving marine mammals...

Okay tentitive schedule of events...

Seatroopers Pool Party during which we will have the Star Wars Bikini Contest. Prizes awarded to the best guys and girls. I plan on entering my TIE Fighter/Speedo...

Acting workshop. I have some scripts I down loaded we can toss around.

"Let's Save Louie!!!" A Live Action Collectible Card Game me and some of my old friend came up with a while ago,

FanFilm Festival. Prizes will be given out.

Action figure RPG. Character generation is based upon what ever your action figure has. Looking for a DM to take this one on.

I'm open to suggestions here...

Buzz

6. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Celebration is the same weekend as the Spiderman Premire isn't it? I know that Saturday I'm going to be working at Universal.

Gay-Len, where do you live? I can probably give you a ride. Just means someone will have to give me an early wakeup call so I can get out of bed to get there for lunch.

7. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm on campus at UCF. Its actually really close to the library. 436 is also called Alafaya Trail and UCF is right on it.

8. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    We won't be at celebration, so we will be at the Spidey premiere. :)

9. Lumwyrm

Dec 10, 2001
    Actually 434 is Alfaya.
    OK, what time is everyone meeting for lunch? 12 or 1130?

It'll take me around 30-45 mins to get to UCF. And then about the same to get to the meeting. So someone has to wake me up 2 hours before lunch.

The only problem I forsee is that I am going to the armor party after the meeting. And didn't get home till 2 something after the last one. So you may want to find a different ride home.

tequilawyrm@hotmail.com if anyone needs anything from me. Sometimes work's firewall doesn't let me check the boards.

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Now that is the spirit!!!!! Ken you rock my friend. To baad I won't be there.
    Buzz

11. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Hmm, my friend gave me crappy directions then. She claimed she had been there and it was close. Well, if if no one says they ccan give me a ride afterwards, than thanks a bunch but no, thanks. I don't want to be a burden, so I will just read the recap on the boards. :(

12. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Someone will give you a ride, no worries. If no one else then Delaya and I will get you back.

13. Lumwyrm

Dec 10, 2001
    Don't worry about the directions. Every road in Florida has 8 names for some reason, it gets confusing.
    And look, between Gita and I, we have you covered. You just have to be ready at 1030-1045.
    Although you are welcome to stay out partying all night with us too.

14. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey. I guess, I'll miss out on these activities since I am lucky enough to get to go to C2. I'm willing to try and get people items from C2 if you want to get something and are bummed your not going or something like that. Just trying to be helpful. :)

Farmboy

15. Lumwyrm

Dec 10, 2001
    Yeah, I guess we should switch discussing getting Gay-Len to this weekend's meeting in another thread. *L*

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I'm on it!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.