main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top 10 Coolest Things About the HothLanta Rebels

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    • 10. DecipherCon. Hothlanta comes with it's own built-in party! No one can compete with that, and who'd want to?
    • 9. The 501st. Your guys get along with those Imperial dudes and they give respect back.
    • 8. Matters of the Force events. Light enought to be for fun, yet indepth enough for the fanatic.
    • 7. Trader Vic's. Awesome food, classy atmosphere.
    • 6. Volunteerism. The team knows that a little sacrificed time at the fan tables for the club continues the bonding of the club down the road.
    • 5. Your entire membership. They have style, grace, and class. No one went around in punked-out leather and cleavage to try and make a countercluture statement. That's so demeaning. There's a lot to be said for mainstreaming attitude and your group showed they don't have to Goth out to have fun ;)
    • 4. Ian and wifey. There was no hint of failure here in putting it all together. Many thanks from this backwater hick to you two for managing this project with, as I said before, style and grace.
    • 3. Celebrity contacts. Hotlantians know how to party, alrighty, but when you can pull authors like the Zahn-meister, it made all the more special. Thanks to Timothy Zahn for joining us for din-din.
    • 2. Origami X-wings! Jessica can we fly you up here to lil ol Raleigh? We'd pay you! When you pull people from the 501st tables over to see what your skills are, that's a draw that you can't put a price on. 'Nuff said.
    • 1. Minacia Brightstar. The name says it all. A beautiful lady with style, grace, poise, and class that exemplifies who and what your club is. Mandy, thanks so much for making DragonCon such a memorable event, and making me feel welcomed.

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow! What a lovely post! Thank you!

It was such a hoot to meet everyone who plays with us on the boards this past weekend. It was truly an honor to meet all of our out-of-town counterparts. Thanks for supporting the table to allow us to enjoy the con.

I guess the "Hothlantians" are pretty lucky to have such a cool group of people who enjoy hanging out together.

We also owe thanks to Ian and Anita for being our social directors (as always) and Bev for putting together the scrapbook. You guys are the best!

3. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Ah geez [face_blush] , now I'm embarrassed. Thank you all who came to the dinner. For a moment, Anita & I almost thought it would fall through. So it is really the membership of FanForce who should be thanked. It was really cool getting to meet everyone who came. And a special thanks to Paula for convincing Tim Zahn and Aaron Alston to come eat with us. The evening actually made DragonCon one of the more memorable ones I've been to in a while. Can't wait for next year! Now, how are we gonna top it??

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Wow! Thanks for the kind words, TallonKaardgamer. :)

As has already been mentioned by one person or another in this thread, the dinner's success can be attributed to:
    • Ian and Anita's working with Trader Vic's management

• Paula's connections and her ability to convince to great authors to join us

• The FanForce membership themselves

All these things came together to make the FF dinner a memorable event.

I am very happy that everyone had a great time and I do hope that we can do something similar next year. I'm not sure if we can top it, but perhaps we can make the evening just as memorable as before. :)

Thanks again for the kind words, Don. We do appreciate them.

5. JediChick

JediChick Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 1999
    Why thanks, Don. What a nice post. I enjoyed meeting everyone who came to the dinner at Trader Vic's.

And you're right-our club does have class. Everyone involved is just great.

Glad you had fun.

Bev

6. Tenel_Ka

Tenel_Ka Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2001
    TallonKG,

Thank you for such a delightful note. I am so glad we were able to meet with so many SW fans and party! I know I had a good time and the meeting spot soon became the fanforce tables...as all good meeting places should be. I know I've surprised a few people by posting but I had to respond to you.

Luci

7. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I have decided that every Rebel I met will now become an honorary member of the Fandomenace! You all were so sweet to this stranger from out of town. I really did feel like I had known you my whole life. If any of you are in the Fort Lauderdale area, let me know and I will make you feel as welcome as you made me. :) :) :) :cool: :cool:
    edit: spelling

8. Tahl

Tahl Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    I had a really wonderful time meeting the Hothlanta gang, and your out-of-town guests! Thanks so much for letting me hang out with you all weekend -- at Trader Vic's, and the Steakhouse Of Friendly Though Lopsided Service, and of course the H. Rebels table. You all made me laugh, bigtime.

Now that I've got Jessica's emailed instructions, I can work on folding my very own spaceworthy X-wings. Paper dogfighting at DragonCon '03, anyone?

Diane

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm glad you got to hang out with us, Diane. I had a great time talking with you. :)

I say we all begin working on our origami X-wing squadrons now. If we can finally get a working origami Death Star created, we can reenact the Battle of Yavin in a most spectacular way. :p

10. jyaack

jyaack Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2001
    I'm really sorry now that I missed this wonderful shindig. I think I'm going to go and tell work to stuff it next time, I'm going a Star-Warsing.

Dave (a mostly absent member who wishes he could be otherwise.)

11. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    Ewwwwwww, an army of paper Xwings. Hmmm, I think I'm going to need a bigger match.

12. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Y'know...our little sprinkles movie might be a good excuse to have an origami space battle.

And we might even let JediReject play with matches to add some special effects.

13. ekalb-100

ekalb-100 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2002
    what is HothLanta Rebel

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hothlanta Rebels is the name of the Atlanta FanForce chapter, whose board you are now in (or were in, depending on when you posted this. ;) ). For more information about us, check out HothlantaRebels.com.

15. ekalb-100

ekalb-100 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2002
    what is the HothLanta Rebel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.