main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top 10 Father/Child Athletic Duos

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by s65horsey, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I keep waiting for a Tiznow baby to win the Derby or a Breeder's Cup classic. Then I'll make that case since Tiznow won the Cup two years in a row. Hasn't happened yet. :(

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Seabiscuit and War Admiral were actually nephew and uncle...

3. KGhobgoblin

KGhobgoblin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm not sure that this should count because horses have the ability (or privilege, depending on your point of view) to impregnate large numbers of fillies and conceive hundreds of potential Derby-winning offspring. While Shawn Kemp and Travis Henry are making their best effort to keep up with the number of offspring, there's only so much a man can do. Additionally, the potential exists for a horse's sperm to get frozen and conceive an offspring a hundred years in the future, when the racing rules may be different or horses won't have as pure of bloodlines. When you combine the champion 100-year-old sperm with the nutritional and scientific advancements of the 22nd Century, the potential exists for Tiznow to father a breed of super-creatures. These super-creatures will win countless races and ensure Tiznow and Tiznow MCLXXVII are the number one sports duo of all time.

I just can't allow this to happen.

4. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Are you saying the potential doesn't exist for humans to freeze sperm too? Cuz I'm pretty sure it does. ;)

5. KGhobgoblin

KGhobgoblin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    Touche. I'm sure all the guys with Snicker's Ice Cream Bar fetishes do this inadvertently. [face_sick]

The better argument was the army of horse athletes one horse could produce. And even if we allow him to have that many kids, is the horse really a "father" in the modern sense of the word? Was he there for those colts? Did he help them with their language arts homework, or did he just have a one night stand with their mom and run? Exactly. Dead beat dads should also not be included on this list. Especially if they're dead beat dad horses who died 100 years before their kids were born.

On a side note, I looked up whether humans can freeze their sperm and a fertility clinic claimed you could do it "indefinitely." You learn something new every day.

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh]

Ok, so if a dad was a sports figure, how much was he really at home helping his children with their language arts homework anyways?

Serious, bro, get better arguments! :p I'm glad I could help you learn something new though!

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    This discussion has taken a bizarre turn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.