main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top 10 Reasons LOTR will never be as good as Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Duckman, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    I won't call you ignorant of LOTR as a whole if you answer this question

Did you read past page 300 in Fellowship of the Ring...or even better did you even finish the book? if you didn't finish it your opinion does not have any real value since you have no idea what your talking about.

2. Cetera

Cetera Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2000
    I didn't attack you or your opinion. I showed an error in a statement you made. You just threw out information that you believed as though it were God given fact, and it was not. You have absolutely no logical argument at all. You made broad, sweeping generalizations. You have done it all again is you latest post. "Star Wars WILL (emphasis added) be better than..., the media could care less," and from prior posts about fan base size, medieval time frame, and childish comments about it being boring, so that apparently you couldn't be bothered to discuss any of this like a rational, mature human being.

You acted immature by assuming that I was attacking you when I was actually disagreeing with your statements and demanding that you back them up.

And I really can't help what kind of mood you are in. Civilized people get along and still try to act maturely and sensibly, even when they are in a "defensive" mood.

3. jedichick81986

jedichick81986 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I don't like LotR so deal with it..I know that some people can't stand SW..but there are some people who can't stand LotR either.How many times have I said I tried to read these books but they just don't do it for me!

4. Ozma

Ozma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    LOL

"like talkin to a brick wall..."

5. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    By the way, Ozma, I appreciate your constructive comments, and the fact that you actually read everything I bothered to write down, not to mention the fact that you agree with me about not backing your claims up. Thanks.

6. Ozma

Aug 24, 2001
    "I don't like LotR so deal with it.You are just as bad as those Taliban idiots in Afghanistan!We want supporting details.I know that some people can't stand SW..but there are some people who can't stand LotR either.How many times have I said I tried to read these books but they just don't do it for me!"

You're a complete moron. Please leave these boards alone.

7. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    you didn't get past page 200 did you? there you go you don't have to discuss it any longer since you can't have any idea what your talking about. now if Wormie said it was boring I could live with that since she actually finished the book thus knows what she is talking about you are not.

And calling us Taliban is flaming and is a bannable offense think about it.

8. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    I demand that you take that statement back. You do not ever call me a terrorist. You have 30 minutes to edit your post, or an admin will be notified. I will not tolerate that kind of behavior. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

9. Ozma

Aug 24, 2001
    No problem, Cetera. It really isn't that much of an effort to read something. Apparently it's too difficult for some people. And don't even get me started on that completely uncalled for Taliban comment. I hope you get a temp ban, Jedichick. Maybe it'd cool you down.

10. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    there ya go. you shouldn't call people that. and certainly not in a time like this.

11. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    Damn,are you happy now!!!! I could not get through LotR because it does not impress me!!!! It may be different for you okay!

12. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Thank you for that prompt edit.

13. Ozma

Aug 24, 2001
    (changing to a happier subject)

So, GAP, you seen the new Fellowship trailer?

14. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    And like I'm not upset about that!!!!! I'm absolutely terrified at what will happen next!!!! Everyone acts like teenagers don't know what the heck is going! I cried my eyes out about that!

15. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    Wait until the AOTC trailer is shown hehehe...oh excuse me excuse me!

16. Ozma

Aug 24, 2001
    Oh, and Jedichick, I don't mean this in a mocking way, but please lighten up on the exclamation points. People react differently when you don't use one (or five) after every sentence in every post. Just some helpful advice. You're welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

17. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    if your terrified you wouldn't make such comments. how would you like to be called as bad as the taliban? anyway I'm happy with he edit

and Ozma ... No =( my comp won't let me see it (well actually I'm using a shared comp on which I can't download =( =( ) I heard it was awsome!

18. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    Sorry,but I am terrified.i'm a little obsessed with the exclamation marks.

19. Ozma

Aug 24, 2001
    GAP, believe me I feel your pain on that one. My friend, luckily enough, has a better comp, and I got to see it on his. The whole trailer was wonderful, truly, but ESPECIALLY the scenes from Moria, and the flashback shots of the armies of Sauron. Wonderful stuff. The Nazgul are perfect, as well. And it showed the scene leading up to the famous Balrog encounter.....just WOW. I can't wait til Dec. 19.

20. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    if there anything we should learn is that it is pointless to fight over these movies. both of them will have their good poins and bad ones. some of you make think that lotr is better some of you might think star wars is better. its all a matter of opinion and likenesses. but i will say this i don't think lotr will outgross aotc at the box office, why lets use the rule of titanic. more poeple might actually see lotr but i feel that many diehard star wars fans such as myself will see aotc like 10 times. can a like how titanic is the top gorssing movie all-time, why because alot people saw that movie again, and agian with their boyfriends.. i believe this will be the case with these two movies. anyway you really can't compare these movies together. both are different, and both have different impacts. again its all a matter of opinion. i personally like star wars more then lotr. just my opinion.

21. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    There's no rule against liking star wars more then LoTR =)

Damn now I gotta see it...I saw a little part in quicktime from it but it stoped after a few seconds and it had no sound =(

22. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    Yeah, i'm really sick of that.leave the SW fans to rival Star Trek.Now, Star trek is a loser! I used to be so scared Worf when I was little!

23. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    There I go with exclamation marks again.

24. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    LOL, jedichick.

25. jedichick81986

Aug 3, 2001
    Who else in here thinks that Star Trek just isn't that great? Next Generation was pretty good but the rest of it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.