main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top 10 Upcoming Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediMaster22, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Please list all the upcoming games, you are interested in order.
    You may explain if you want as well :)

Star Wars Rules! Not just the movies, but a lot the games as well. Galatic BattleGrounds is like StarCraft of Blizzard. Jedi Outcast is awesome too. Never forget the older games (Dark Forces, Phantom Menace, Rebel Assault, etc) If you like Star Wars, you have a lot cool games to play. And LucasArts also makes a lot other fun games like Monkey Island, Indiana Jones as well. The best is yet to come!

1. Star Wars Galaxies

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/images/screen/73.jpg]

(MOST WANTED) Ever since LucasArts announced a MMORPG, I wanted it BADLY. MMORPG is kind of a game that actually get you to talk to other players, not just 8 people, but as many as the server can handle. That's what I want most, be able to chat with many other players as well as playing the game at the same time. As a fan of Star Wars, damn, could it get any better? :D

Trailer

2. Star Wars Knights Of The Republic

[image=http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/screens/43.jpg]

A Star Wars game co-created by Bioware (Baldur's Gate). And this game has like 40-60 hours of game play. A nice companion to Star Wars Galaxies. When not a MMORPG, you have much more single-player gameplay. Graphics looks sweet, and many people consider it's the best Star Wars game.
    Check out one review. Playing this and Galaxies, sure fills the void waiting for Episode 3 to come out :D

Trailer

3. Simcity 4

[image=http://simcity.ea.com/images/screens/set3/screenshot_01_big.jpg]

I have always been a Simcity fan, but this game will be best by far. It has much better graphics than SC3000, almost lifelike.

According to the OS, the new game will have you in total control.
    Mountains, valleys, are some of things you can create much much better than Sc3000. You can also create animals. You can import Sim Citizens from Sims game into Simcity4 as well. Streets and buildings will look way busier than ever!

Hoping Arcos are an option as well. Better yet, Maxis better be thinking about creating an Expansion pack with Futuristic buildings and everything. Or simcity 5... :p

Trailer

4. Mortal Kombat 5: Dead Alliance

[image=http://www.mk5.org/content/mkda/media/maskedsubzero-render.jpg]

This game is IT, Mortal Kombat is the Grand Daddy of all fight games. And it's back, and better than ever.

Graphics will be improved to 7,000 to 10,000 polygons. Hair will move with wind, clothing will torn as it wears.

The game play will be the BIGGEST change ever. Full 3D movements, full 3D attacks. Characters will actually fight in a better cherographed Martial Arts, and don't forget special powers like Subzeros' Freeze. Johnny Cage's shadow kick.

Oh, yes, returning characters:

Scorpion

Sub-Zero

Shang Tsung

Quan Chi

Rayden

Kitana

Sonya

Jax

Cyrax

Reptile

Johnny Cage

Kano

Kung Lao

and more... (UN-Announced)

Definately Awesome. Just like old time at the arcade, only this time it will be $50 something then FREE for the rest of live.

Trailer

5. Final Fantasy XI

[image=http://www.fffreak.com/ff11/highres20big.jpg]

The First MMORPG Final Fantasy series ever.

I love to see more MMORPGs games now. One thing I always admired about the last few Final Fantasy series is the beautiful graphics. They also made a pretty good movie too :D

Playing a cool game online, is the future of gaming! Single-player is usually nice but you might as well make some buddies on the Net. With Star Wars Galaxies and this, time will sure fly if you have nothing

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't given thought to the order until now, but here goes:

10. Final Fantasy 12 - I might skip 11 (if it even comes to the US) just because of all the complications like paying for an additional service (so far I cannot get my PS2 connected to the internet with my current server) and because I'm not sure FF is meant to be a shared experience, other than with someone else on the couch with you.

9. Final Fantasy Tactics 2 - I haven't heard enough about it to move it up to the one spot, otherwise it would surely be there. I spent 80 hours on the original and loved every minute.

8. Metroid Prime - It's not my favorite of the Nintendo family, because I've only played the original, but I liked it, and this new one is shaping up well.

7. D&D Heroes - A good Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance type game.

6. Bounty Hunter - I'd prefer Boba to Jango, but I'll take what I can get.

5. Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter - I'm looking forward to this one even more than the Jango game because I've always wanted a mix of flying and FPS, plus I like the idea that if I irritate the wrong races, they'll put a bounty on me.

4. GTA4: Vice City - I need new vehicles so I can drive over new old ladies.

3. Star Wars: Galaxies - I've never tried a massive online RPG before because the universe they've centered around never interested me, but now... Of course, I'll have to deal with some 11-year-old who names his character Buzzkill, has no job or responsilibities other than school, so he has mastered the game enough where he can walk in, kill my character, and tell me that I suck, but hey... that's the price of fun.

2. Knights of the Old Republic - Finally a Star Wars RPG. I wish it were in a time setting with the Empire, because Stormtroopers will always be the ultimate grunts of the Star Wars universe to me.

1. Project Ego - It might be renamed, but it's the only game that could top Knights of the Old Republic for me. Sure, it might be a long time until it arrives, and it may not live up to all it is supposed to, but my expectations are high. Be what you want, get a tattoo, haircuts, age 60 years, have a wife, kid, fight monsters, be famous or infamous... It looks to be the most in depth RPG around.

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's difficult to choose 10 titles, since there are so many to choose from, but I'll give it a go:

10) Sim City 4 [PC]: I've always enjoyed the SC series, and everything points to a successful return of my fav city builder.

9) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle [GameCube]: This is worth waiting for, not only for the return of Square to a Nintendo platform, but as an original title in the FF series that harks back to the great FF7/8 days.

8) Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [PS2]: Taking part in every amazing battle from both the first and second parts of the movie trilogy will be one hell of a thrill.

7) Star Wars: The Clone Wars [PS2/GameCube]: Do I really have to explain why?

6) Zelda Advanced [GBA]: Classic Zelda on the handheld, with the added bonus of a 4 player co-op mode. Neat.

5) Panzer Dragoon Orta [xbox]: I haven't played the original three titles from the Saturn days, but as an on rails shooter, this looks amazing.

4) Star Wars: Bounty Hunter [xbox/gc]: Not long to wait now. Flying around with a flame thrower in hand will take some beating.

3) Metroid Prime [GC]: As 1st person shooters go, this is right up there. Although, I'm more interested in how Nintendo will incorporate the 3rd person mode.

2) Doom III [PC]: I'm saving the cash to upgrade my computer just to play this.

1) Knights of the Old Republic [Xbox/PC]: Plenty to look forward to here. Building your own lightsabre, combining JO style combat with Neverwinter Nights RPG elements. It's going to rock, period.

Now, your probably wondering "Where's Galaxies??". It would have been up here, if not for the simple fact that Australia's support for ADSL and high speed internet access is shockingly bad. As soon as they fix that problem, and the price comes down, Galaxies will be right up there.

4. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    In fact Star Wars: Bounty Hunter is #11 on the list :)

Are there Screenshot of Final Fantasy 12 yet?

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Here are the ones I'm waiting for:

6 Zelda GBA
    5 Zelda GameCube
    4 Metroid Fusion GBA
    3 Metroid Prime
    2 Star Wars Galaxies Starship Expansion
    1 Star Wars Galaxies

Here are the ones I hope come out:

Power Stone 3
    Mario Kart GameCube
    Skies of Arcadia 2

6. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    #10. Final Fantasy Crystal - I have some reservations about this game, mostly because it's a break from the numerical series. While FFT still remains one of my favorite games, it's hard to forget the mediocrity of Mystic Quest. The fact that the GBA is required to play it bothers me a bit, but I'll just have to wait and see how that works out. Also need to buy a GBA...

#9. Final Fantasy Tactics 2 - Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my all-time favorite games, so I have high hopes for the sequel. I'm not so sure about some of the new systems to the game, though, especially the Judgment System... I like playing dirty, I don't want to be penalized for that. Oh well, wait and see.

#8. Metroid Prime - I don't really like FPS games, but I do love Metroid. Going to give it a fair chance. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

#7. Dead or Alive 4 - What can I say? I love the DOA series.

#6. Xenosaga - Xenogears was great, this one looks good too.

#5. Final Fantasy X "2" - The first sequel to a numerical Final Fantasy game. I loved FFX, so as long as it follows the same basic formula, I think I'm in for a treat. I'm not sure what the "Riku" and "Yuna" versions mean though.

#4. Star Wars Galaxies - Some reservations, but it's shaping up nicely.

#3. Final Fantasy XII - I admit I know basically nothing about this game, but as long as it's a return to the traditional single player style that makes the series great, I doubt I'll be disappointed. On the other hand, I have absolutely no interest in FFXI, even though I do like MMORPGs.

#2. Legend of Zelda (GC) - Looks good. Love Zelda. Definite buy.

#1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The previews practically have me drooling.

Arg, didn't have room for Star Ocean 3. I loved the first one (which never made it to the U.S.) and I've seen the television series based on the sequel, so I'm fairly interested in the series.

7. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    1: Diablo 3 (I'm not sure if it's even under development, but the remote possibility of D3 outweighs the certain release of any other game)
    2: Halo 2
    3: World of Warcraft
    4: Knights of the Old Republic
    5: Splinter Cell
    6: Starcraft: Ghost
    7: Fable (Project Ego)
    8: A Link to the Past for GBA
    9: Masters of Orion 3
    10: Star Wars: Galaxies

This would probably change very slightly if I got a PS2 or GC.

8. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    No, I am a huge fan of Diablo too, but no one know if it's under development.

If it is, it's secret!

9. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Well, Blizzard North has to be working on something.

10. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Halo 2 (Xbox)
    Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
    Mech Assault (Xbox)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox)
    Unreal Championship (Xbox)
    Doom 3 (Xbox)
    Steel Battalion (Xbox)
    Starcraft: Ghost (Xbox)
    Jedi Outcast (Xbox)

11. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Here it goes:

-STAR WARS Kights of the Old Republic
    -STAR WARS Galaxies (wont' play though. I'll just buy it)
    -Age of Mythology (released in UK 8/11)

Duh! It's only 3!

12. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    1. Halo 2(xbox/live)
    2. Masters of Orion 3(pc)
    3. Project Ego/Fable(xbox)
    4. KOTOR(xbox)
    5. Jedi Outcast(xbox)
    6. Brute Force (xbox)
    7. Grand Theft Auto-Vice(PS2 or PC)
    8. Starcraft-Ghost (xbox)
    9. Mechassault(xbox/live)
    10. Unreal Championship (xbox/live)

Honorable mention
    Metriod Prime, Simcity 4, Jurrasic Park Project Genesis, Kingdom under fire: the Crusaders, Mace Griffon, Mortal Combat DA, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and I'm curious just how Blinx plays.

13. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    1) Halo 2 (Xbox)---If you are an Xbox owner, how can you not be anticipating this title? It seems that Halo 2 will have everything that we complained Halo didn't have.

2) KOTOR (Xbox)----It looks outstanding. I am anticipating this title so much! The delay to Spring '03 was a major blow, though....I think I'm going through withdrawals, already.

3) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox)---I came close to buying a PS2 last year for MGS2, as I've always been a fan of the MG series (except for the bastard child, Snake's Revenge). However, I had faith that Kojima-san and his team would bring MGS2 to the Xbox, eventually. Next month, the wait finally pays off!

4) NHL2K3 (Xbox)---I am a huge hockey fan, but have been disenchanted with the arcadey EA NHL series these past 3 years. Sega has made strides with their game since the first year, and it appears that this year may finally be the year us hockey purists get our true hockey "sim".

5) GTA: Vice City (PS2)---I don't own a PS2, but I have friends who do. I know they're buying this game, and I plan put time aside during our "hangout time" to play and/or watch them play this bad boy.

6) Brute Force (Xbox)---The idea of squad based combat sounds great. I like the multi-player idea that Brute Force brings, where a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th player can "hotswap" into the game at any time to join you. Just the same, if they have to leave, but you want to keep going, you don't have to restart the level.......They just unplug and go, while you have control over that teammate returned to you.

7) Splinter Cell (Xbox)--In the past, some of the Tom Clancy games bored me. They just weren't my type of game. However, this game looks outstanding, much in the way of the MG/MGS series.

8) FIFA 2003 (Xbox)------I am a big fútbol fan, and the World Cup 2002 game by EA only mildly satisfied my need for a soccer game. It looks like FIFA 2003 could be one of the best games to date for fútbol fans. We shall see!

9) Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)--DMC was one of my favorite PS2 games. PERIOD. When I heard it played like RE, I was terrified. I dislike the RE gameplay system. DMC was nothing like RE. DMC 2 looks to be just like DMC, but better!!

10)Unreal Championship (Xbox)--I have long been anti-FPS, except for Goldeneye, P.Dark, and then Halo. However, with the recent slew of games coming, I have become more willing to try them out. I plan on giving UC a try. I should have broadband setup in my home in the next month or so, so I may just hit up Xbox Live! as well.

14. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Might want to add StarCraft: Ghost to that list, Cap'n. :)

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    1. Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 (PC) (came out a few days ago, but I don't have it yet)
    2. GTA: Vice City (PC)
    3. Medal of Honour: Allied Assault Spearhead (PC)
    4. Doom 3 (PC)
    5. SW: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)
    6. C&C Generals (PC)
    7. Zelda (GCN)
    8. Black Hawk Down (PC)
    9. James Bond 007: Nightfire
    10. Um... I dunno.

16. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    10. SW: Bounty Hunter (GC)
    9. Resident Evil 0
    8. SW: Jedi Outcast
    7. Mario Kart (GC)
    6. SW: Clone Wars (Tommorow!!!)
    5. Resident Evil 4
    4. Metroid Prime
    3. GTA VICE CITY
    2. Knights of the Old Republic
    1. Zelda (GC)

17. DeadAsADoorNailbiter

DeadAsADoorNailbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Well these are the top ten games I want:

1. Metroid Prime
    2. Star Wars Galaxies
    3. Halo 2
    4. Vice City
    5. Black Hawk Down
    6. Resident Evil 0
    7. Splinter Cell
    8. SimCity 4
    9. Legend of Zelda
    10. James Bond 007: NightFire

18. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    1. Star Wars Galaxies tied with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    2. Bounty Hunter
    and thats it, those are the only games im looking forward to :D

19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    starcraft ghost, simcity4, mario kart for GCN, clone wars for gcn, nightfire for gcn

games that have been released overseas but not for NZ yet: super monkey ball 2, timesplitters 2, age of mytholgy

I was looking forward to Perfect Dark Zero, and Donkey Kong Racing.....but now that Rare is a xbox developer whats the point.........

20. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    1. Bounty Hunter (GC)
    2. Galaxies (PC)
    3. Clone Wars (GC)
    4. Vice City (PS2)
    5. Metroid Prime (GC)
    6. Zelda (GC)
    7. James Bond: Nightfire (GC)
    8. Jedi Outcast (already have it for PC, but looking forward to it for GC anyways)
    9. KOTOR (I don't have XBOX but isn't it coming to PC?)
    10. DOOM 3-always been a big FPS fan.

21. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    i use to be stoked about galaxies for xbox. but after i found out that we'd need to pay each month to pay it just didn't seem appealing anymore.

22. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >9. KOTOR (I don't have XBOX but isn't it coming to PC?)
    <

YES, SIR!

23. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm waiting for

Bounty Hunter
    and
    Tony Hawk 4 which just came out...gotta buy that tomorrow :D

also

Metroid Prime

24. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    10. Star Wars Galaxies(whenever it comes out)

9-1. GTA: Vice City. :)

25. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    1. SimCity 4
    2. StarCraft: Ghost
    3. StarCraft II
    4. Star Wars Galaxies
    5. Halo 2
    6. Metroid Prime
    7. Zelda GCN
    8. Mario Kart GCN