main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top 3 films of 2005!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'd say Revenge of the Sith and Batman are tied for 1st place with me. I love both films and really can't choose between them.

Coming in third would probably be Narnia.

2. Space_Chicken

Space_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    1) ROTS
    2) Memoirs of a Geisha
    3) Wallace and Gromit

im surpised people put War of the Worlds, i thought that was the biggest waste of money ever!

3. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    It wasnt as good as the ones before it, but the effects were awesome. Napolian Dinomight, now theres a waste of money! so much i asked for mine back after sitting through that pile of $#!+!

4. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    My ROTS experience was amazing. I saw it in london after I was offered a ticket. Lucas, McCallum, christensen and McDiarmid introduced the film, I was sat in a room FULL of die hard fans and I saw the movie with two Uber cool people who post here regulary.

it wasnt just a fantastic film experience, it was the greatest experience of my life. thats why ROTS is my number one

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    What!!!! Napoleon Dynamite[/i] is a brilliant film :p
    It does seem to be a marmite film (you either love it or hate it) but I think you need to be of a certain age to fully appreciate it, and enjoy left of field humour. Try it in 10 years time Ell, you may change your mind.

6. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    gutless heathens!!!
    why's nobody rating serenity?
    the best sci-fi film of the year!
    closely followed by 'the descent'...
    and finally,in a 'last nail in the coffin' kind of way-revenge of the sith.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Serenity was my ultimate #1 film of the year, followed by Syriana and Goodnight and Good Luck.

8. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    Serenity
    Sin City
    Revenge of The Sith

In that order.

9. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I agree. Nobody who saw ROTS at the Star Wars marathon on May 16th could have been disappointed by the film. Maybe we were biased by the excitement of the day, but it was the greatest cinematic experience possible. So my top 3 is:

1. ROTS
    2. King Kong
    3. Sin City

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I agree, if I managed to get tickets for the Marathon then RotS may well have been number 1 for me too. But sadly they decided to put them on sale when a lot of hardcore UK fans were in the US attending Celebration III, which made perfect sense :p
    darth-dom from here tried to also get tickets and got through 5 times, only for the system failing to recognise the credit card, so sadly it was a bit of a farcical and a lot of people missed out.

And since you showed up in here Jamie, all the serenity fans have come out from the woodwork ;)
    Haven't seen it though because I'd like to see Firefly first.

11. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    1 = ROTS - I felt my childhood had finally ended when I left the theatre after the first of 2 showings in a row!!

2 = Potter GOF - these films get better and better

3 = Serenity - I discovered Firefly on DVD and then a year later this little beauty arrived :)

3.5 = R-Point Korean Vietnam War/Ghost story very good - bound to be stuffed up in the hollywood remake!!

I Know that having a 3.5 is cheeky, but it had to be done :p

12. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    shiny.
    so... am i right in assuming that the majority of you guys who didn't rate serenity in your top three simply haven't seen it?
    shame on you,really.

13. Squirmen

Squirmen Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2006
    1) Revenge of the Sith

2) Constantine

3) Sin City (would have been HP, but the acting was shockingly bad. Nice SFX though, and they tried to cram too much into two hours.)

14. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ROTS (absolutely BRILLIANT. Thought I knew and was ready for Anakin's fall. I was SO WRONG)
    HP: Goblet of Fire (those kids get better and better with each film. LOVED the darkness of the story)
    Batman Begins (Christian Bale hands down, THE BEST BATMAN EVER!! I want that car!!)

I really disliked Kong. The acting was bad and some of the effects looked really awful. I like the 70's Kong better (I know - crazy!). War of the Worlds' effects were great, but Tom was boring to watch and Dakota Fanning's constant screaming drove me nuts.

Funniest comedy of the year has to go to 40 Year Old Virgin - OMG!! I cried, I was laughing so hard :_| [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.