General Top Gear

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SithLordDarthRichie, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I appreciate there is a significant amount of sarcasm invested in that statement, but nonetheless I'm going to take it at face value.

Ahem...

I was pleased they didn't. This Special was a step up from stupid larks. Falling in the river would've been lazy.
  2. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Bearing in mind the whole show is basically a "set-up", you do expect stupid things to happen. Whether it's Jeremy's log smashing his mirror, or taking pieces off each others cars. You would expect something to go wrong in the river crossing, especially when Jeremy decides to use his car to pull the others over.

One would have expected Jeremy to destroy May's car, forcing him to use the Scorpio. So that part felt like a bit of an anti-climax (so no, not sarcasm)

The whole river thing, when you think about it, is stupid anyway. They have maps. They know where the roads are. They are not going to just meet up with an impassable river.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Silliness was starting to overcome the specials (the India one being the best or worst example). Japes are fine, but outright catastrophe always feels artificial (even though we know everything is).
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I liekd how the Africa Specials were done, beautiful scenery aside you really got the impression they were working as a team much of the time and the cars largely survived most of the trip.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    The new series starts on Sunday at 8pm on BBC2
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Anyone watching the new series?

I loved all the stuff in the first episode, especially the Police chase
  7. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    First episode was good fun. Found the 2nd dull - don't even remember what happened in it!
  8. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I enjoyed the stuff with Chernobyl, it's always a fascinating place to see.

Plus it's good to have regular cars featured on the show.