Top Money-Making Movie of the Year

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Old-Jedi, Dec 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Bottom line......

This is from the Hollywood Reporter.

"All the green racked up by Universal's "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" proved too much for Paramount's "Mission: Impossible 2" as the family film surpassed the thriller on Tuesday to become the top-grossing film released this year. After 33 days in release, the Imagine Entertainment-produced "Grinch" has taken in $216.4 million, topping "M:I-2's" $215.4 million. In contrast to the speed of "Grinch," it took "M:I-2" about four months to hit the $215 million mark. The green one is proving to have some stout legs under that fur as "Grinch" knocked down $13.8 million during the weekend and was down a modest 26% from a week ago. Some industry observers have projected the final domestic total for the live-action film to land around the $250 million area"

Not bad for a horrible remake huh?
  2. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    VENGEANCE IS OURS!!!!

Also, for a shameless plug... I have posted the film part of the Golden Globe nominees, that were released this morning at www.dfwfanforce.net, so go check it out.

ALSO, a review of "Miss Congeniality," if you're trying for those weekend plans.

End of shameless plug.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.