main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten failures of TCW...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by clonewarsfan, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonewarsfan

clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    10. Anakin know it all. He knows everything...
    9. No C-3PO droids story..We never had an episode with the duo droids..
    8. Boba fett as a child..Lame..
    7. Clones have no personality...All act the same, just look different.
    6. Aurra Sing getting too much screen time.
    5. Ashoka Tano still acts like war is meaningless. She hasn't learned the meaning of life.
    4. Not ENOUGH Grievous..where is he?
    3. Mace Windu lacks jedi skills. Sits around, walks around, just looks worried..Rarely uses his lightsaber...
    2. Not enough human deaths..mostly clones and droids..
    1. Failed to show the trade federation control ships controlling the droids..easily enough Anakin could blow one up and end the signal as seen in EP1.

Now post yours...

2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Can't think of any...TCW is perfect!8-}
    Oh wait...not enough Ahsoka in the spotlight doing more than she should be capable of![face_mischief]

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You have many things wrong there:

Like what? For some reason he became a military genius.

What's the problem. Why would C-3PO go to war?

Lame? Care to explain?

If there is one thing that this show has brought us, was clone personality.

Like what? 3.1 episodes out of 44?

How does that mean he lacks his Jedi skills? Do you mean Yoda in TPM and the whole Council lacked their Jedi skills too?

Aren't the clones humans?

The droids are not controlled by a central control mainframe since TPM.

4. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I don't like you're number 6, I thought they handled Aurra Sing really well. She hasn't had that much screen time at all. Up until season 2's finale she was just a minor character in Hostage Crisis with one line.
    My top ten would be:

1. The same reused character models in every background scene, its sad when you're in lower Coruscant and you see the same "generic" senators that walk around in the background of the senate hall.
    2.Not enough force powers. How can people even begin to consider TFU canon when TCW force powers are so dumbed down. (I know the force is all out of wack in TFU, but still...)
    3.Too many episodes focusing on Obi Wan and Anakin. I'd like to see more focus on other jedi
    4. No FULL jedi council scenes in two full seasons. I hope season 3 will fix this
    5. Not enough alien languages
    6. Greivous not as "bad-ass" as the movies/micro series. If the creators would start putting him up against "new" jedi rather than Obi wan (who cannot die), then his character would come off much more effective.
    7. Hologram scenes. How can people turn around in a holo to see the person standing "behind them" when they aren't even in the room to begin with?
    8. The whole banking clan canon fiasco from senate spy
    9. No flow to the series, every episode is a "standalone'. I think a series strength lies in its flow and chronology. Having standalone or flashback episodes are all fine and dandy, but having every episode as a standalone ruins the flow of the series. All the breaks s2 went through also ruined the season's flow.
    10. Not enough EU Jedi. I know they planned on using Quinlan Vos and have mentioned him, but other than him and Aayla we haven't seen that many prominent EU jedi yet. Again, this is possible to change as the series goes on.

Overall TCW has been outstanding so far in many ways, but there's always the little pet peeves and annoyances us as viewers notice. Sometimes I sit back and say "what? are you serious how couldn't they catch that!?". For example, in the episode "Landing at Point Rain" when Ki Adi Mundi says "there is no such thing as luck" to a clone and then two seconds later he says "with any luck we can meet up with Skywalker". I bet the writers felt pretty stupid after seeing it air. Or even when Luminara states how she saw Poggle run into the ruins, um...no she didn't. Small things like that don't necessarily ruin the series for me, but I know a lot of others take those kinds of things more seriously.

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I agree with your points, Alexrd. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but most of those criticisms are pretty weak.

My list:
    10- Overuse of lines from the movies.
    9 - No heroes on the Separatist side.
    8 - Very little creative use of the Force.
    7 - Underuse of John Williams' themes, or Williams-inspired themes.
    6 - The Jedi's very wobbly ability to sense the presence of others.
    5 - Lack of proper starfighter vs. starfighter combat.
    4 - The whole Banking Clan/Trade Federation allegiance fiasco from Senate Spy.
    3 - Occasional lack of effort on the writing to iron out plot-holes and forced, convoluted scenarios.
    2 - Messing up Ahsoka's evolution as a character. She's rarely taught anything by Anakin, and when she does learn something, she promptly forgets it in the next episode. She also falls off the face of the earth for no reason, not being next to her master.
    1 - No overarching story that sustains and drives the show, or at least the season, as a whole.

6. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I actually love the series, honestly and most everything about it. There are certainly weak areas, but I wouldn't call them failures except the number one I listed...

10. Awkward Resolution - They built up the idea that Aurra was going to kill those children...then she doesn't... and does anyone else think the ending of Senate Spy was a little...weird?
    9. Not enough evil Palpatine moments - I know it's a secret to younger audiences who haven't seen the films yet, but the whole Zillo arc was the first time in two seasons he acted like a jerk.
    8. Not Many Vader Moments - Poggle getting force choked was good. More please!
    7. Dooku gets captured - Seriously?
    6. Not enough Ventress - I guess she was on vacation for season 2.
    5. Not much Ahsoka character development - Thought I hear they're fixing that next season. Until now the best insights into her mind that I get are watching her with Plo Koon, and what I read in the novels.
    4. Too many non-Jedi/Sith picking up lightsabers and using them at least marginally effectively
    3. Needs more Rex character development - The Deserter was great. Let's keep going with that.
    2. I personally would like to see more character driven stories in general, though that's a personal preference. I know many people just care about action and space battles.
    1. The Gungan General - I'm sorry, everything about that ep was garbage and is an insult to the storage media it is stored on. I have not seen The Holiday Special but I suspect this is worse than that.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Somehow, I have a bad feeling about this...But hey, the more critiques, the more likely they'll actually improve on them! :p

I'm taking into account both seasons so far.

11. Turning Boba from Captain Cardboard With Jetpacks And Flamethrowers into a vulnerable, driven boy...oh wait, I think that's good. XD
    10. Season 2 was...VERY experimental. Partly good because it shows (to me at least) they can make them work surprisingly well...but also bad because it was ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    9. Overuse of VERY prominent movie lines without so much as a pause between episodes sometimes.
    8. Lack of high scale starfighter combat, though ship to ship has been improving slowly.
    7. Grievous was very misused by being in THREE plots that required his retreat, which led to his reputation as a wimp, being the go-to guy to say "They'll never see us coming! ...They saw us coming! Retreat!". I mean, why not take the time to get in one or two Neimoidian officers? Or heck, the Tactical Droids?
    6. Ahsoka doesn't have much continuity in the lessons she picks up, though if you look hard enough for long enough...:p
    5. Unbalanced focus and development of heroes, whether Jedi or clones or others. It's usually Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, and the special guest stars seldom get used beyond or even within their own episodes. Mind you, it's not all the time, but it's still pretty major when a group of bounty hunters get more development than a leading member of the Jedi Council (Agen Ko...I mean, Eeth Koth. :p)
    4. Unbalanced win-loss ratio for the war, and not many attempts made to show that the Separatists are a large threat or that they've been winning. I do note that usually, when it comes right down to a battle, they do a pretty good job of showing the clones taking a beating (Cloak of Darkness, Landing at Point Rain, Ryloth).
    3. Not quite enough epic story arcs to sate our thirst. The ones that go for two or three episodes usually follow minor adventures (Droid duology) or key events (Mandalore arc, Gunray arc), but not whole battles and the stages behind them (Geonosis and Malevolence).
    2. Administrative hiccups that sometimes end badly. Slavish devotion to lines and the status quo sometimes (Anakin can never meet Grievous), and other times insensitive writing over of good EU material (Ryloth and, to some people, the Mandalorians). They need to properly analyse the will of the viewers and see what would work and when. Not so big an issue with me, but I understand it's a very serious problem that at times forces the show into unenviable positions.
    1. While I do love the supporting Jedi and personally find they've got subtle differences, it's a shame that to an average viewer, they aren't that different from one another. We haven't seen enough of them to show how they're unique or similar.

REALLY enjoying the show, though season 2 had difficulty building up momentum. I'm really looking forward to see how they further refine the process! And, y'know, getting new Star Wars stuff. :D

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Or they just get over-whelmed, feel like it's hopeless to write a better show (which it isn't, in fact should be fairly easy to fix these tiny mistakes for any decent writer) and give up and say "screw it" and just write whatever they want claiming the fans are bitter and too negative.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, I have a feeling this thread is going to degenerate into bashing, whether it be of TCW or of LACWAC users.

I'm going to lock it. We'll have a Season 2 retrospective thread up right away and we can post our general conclusions about the show (good or bad) in there. Thanks, G_M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.