Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Froschler Jedi Master

star 2
    1.Sidious(faked against mace, just barely topped yoda)
    2.Yoda/Anakin(Too close. I really could just flip a coin between the two. If these events happened a year later, then Anakin would have been untouchable.)
    3.Dooku(has exeptional skills and was the apprentices to the master of the good, and dark side).
    4.Mace (Official site states only two ever bested him, Mace and Yoda. That doesn't include anakin either.)
    5.Obi-wan(he is your all around kinda guy with a good head on his shoulders.)
    6.Darth Maul (Really powerful, inyet really stupid.)
    7.Qui-gon (not the most powerful jedi, but by far the best and most accomplished jedi. Even better then Yoda.)
    8.Luke (maybe if he had more time for training, he would be up higher on the list. But since he didn't, this is the spot for him.)

2. VisitorQ Jedi Padawan

A few things...

--Anakin couldn't even overpower Obi-Wan in a direct Force strength struggle, where they were deadlocked. In the saber fight, they were deadlocked. Anakin had the potential to be the most powerful, but even according to Lucas, he never attained it.

--Palpatine got lucky in his fight with Yoda--he happened to fall more securely after Yoda backlashed his force lightning, while Yoda slid off the edge of a pod and fell God only knows how many stories down. Once that happened, and Yoda knew the troops were closing in, he was wise enough to escape.

--Mace was definitely being played by Palpatine. Palpatine had a strong enough connection to Anakin that he could sense he was in trouble with Obi-Wan planets away at the end of the movie--you bet your butt he could sense Anakin was confused and coming while fighting Mace. He didn't use half of the power he displayed against Yoda against Mace, and he clearly pretends he's much weaker than he is.

--Dooku knocks both Anakin and Obi down at the same time. The only reason why Obi stays down is because Dooku decides to focus on him and collapse rubble on him, giving anakin time to recover. It could've easily gone the other way.

That said...

(1) Yoda / The Emperor

(2) Mace

(3) Obi-Wan / Pre-Suit Anakin / Dooku

(4) Ep 4-6 Vader / Ep 6 Luke

(5) Darth Maul

(6) Qui-Gon

(7) Ep 5 Luke

3. CORRELIA-FOREVER Jedi Knight

star 1

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi (gotta face it, he's the one who wins the most fights, Dooku was just not his type...)
    2. and 2bis. Yoda and the Emperor (as these two obviously are equal...)
    4. Count Dooku (One word: Class)
    5. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (Good he is, indeed, but not that good)
    6. Darth Maul (One word: Style)
    7. Mace Windu (Didn't even win a fight, exept decapitating a rocktless Jango... pathetic in my opinion)
    8. Qui-Gon Jinn (A little old to face Maul, but must have been a great swordsman)
    9. General Grievous (Let's not forget he's quite abble to hold himself in front of Obi, wich is quite good...)
    10. Luke Skywalker (He just wasn't born in the right time...)
  4. victofett Jedi Padawan

I said this earlier about Mace Windu beating Jango and it being pathetic and all... but here goes:

That's not true, considering the fact that Jango
    fought a very good fight against Obi-Wan on Kamino. I know that Jango uses gadgets and weapons, but he isn't force sensitive. You've got to work with what you've got. Jango is a very good strategist, AND ( i know your ranks are based on the movies but wutever) in the EU Jango kills a powerful, 2 lightsaber wielding corrupt Jedi trained by Dooku. ( Thats why he was selected by Dooku to be the template for the Clone Army.)
    That's pretty damn good for a non-jedi

Oh yea i just remebered that Jango got trampled by a giant bull-dinosaur, and had a busted rocket pack. I guess it was pretty unfair. Pretty cold-blooded by Mace too.
  5. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Rankings such as these are flawed, because it all depends on who is fighting who. For example, Obi-Wan had an edge on Anakin not just because he was intoxicated with rage and hatred, wich clouded his mind, but also because he was his teacher once, and knows his technique like no other.

If I'd have to give a general rating though, it's look like this.

1) Anakin Skywalker
    2) Sidious/Yoda
    3) Mace Windu/Obi-Wan Kenobi
    4) Darth Vader
    5) Count Dooku
    6) Darth Maul
    7) Qui-Gon Jinn
    8) Zett Juckassa
    9) The dead guy who Obi-Wan checks for a pulse on Geonosis
    10) Luke Skywalker
  6. victofett Jedi Padawan

Man Obi-Wan is wierd. In TPM he kills a pretty skilled Sith (Maul) as a padawan. But then in AOTC he fought like crap against Jango, didn't sense any "disturbances in the force" before he got captured by the Separists on Geonosis, got his ass instantly wooped by Dooku, and then 5 years later in ROTS becomes amazing. He's like that, really good, but not the best guy. Like on a sports team theres the stars, the best guys, but one guy is so good he's gonna be an all-star, and the other guy is also acknowledged as really good, and is always in the highlight reel and a fan-favorite, but he's not gonna make the all-star team. Get it?
  7. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't really care about the rest of the list, but anyone putting Mace first is crazy.
  8. TH421 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am not basing mine on lightsaber skills, but on who best exemplifies the teachings of their Order:

1. Qui-Gon Jinn: "Be mindful of the Living Force, young padawan."
    2. Darth Sidious: "Power! Unlimited Power!"
    3. Yoda: "Strong am I with the Force. But not that strong."
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You will find a great many of the truths we cling to depend upon our point of view."
    5. Darth Maul: "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge!"
    6. Darth Tyrannus: "Twice the pride, double the fall!"
    7. Mace Windu: "This Party is over."
    8. Darth Vader: "I find your lack of faith... disturbing."
    9. Luke Skywalker: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    10. Anakin Skywalker: "Tell your sister you were right."
  9. victofett Jedi Padawan

Yea, i never really understood exactly what Vader meant by "tell your sister you were right". Someone help??? O yea, and does anybody know what "darth" means?
  10. flenchgrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith-Vader because he could have killed Palps if he tried. After that I would say Sids,Tyrannus and Maul.
    Jedi-Yoda,Kenobi and Mace, after them it would be the council members. Anyone else don't even matter.
    In the grand scheme of things Kenobi and Yoda's plan ends up outsmarting Palpatine, in my humble opinion they are the greatest and rank as you will after that.
    Darth is a sith title just like lord.
  11. TH421 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yea, i never really understood exactly what Vader meant by "tell your sister you were right". Someone help?

Luke chose to face Vader not to kill him, but because he believed Anakin Skywalker could be saved. His willingness to die rather than kill his own father proved his sincerity, and even accomplished his goal.

Anakin was a great Jedi... but only after he has been through twenty-five years of hell could he truly become the Chosen One and fulfill the prophecy.

As to the other, some say it stands for "DARk lord of the siTH", but this is speculation. It is not explained anywhere in the films. All we are meant to gather is that it is a Sith title.
  12. LAFEUILLEDERABLE Jedi Padawan

Lucas needs to clarify whether or not Sidious was faking against Mace. He is clearly faking when Annakin first comes in, but then he uses ligthning and Mace is still able to turn it against him. The bottom line is would Mace have killed him had Annakin not interfered?
  13. StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think that Sids is obviously weak i mean he tries to run from Yoda at first because he KNOWS he cant measure up on his own.
  14. TH421 Jedi Knight

star 2
    But Darth Sidious wins. In the end, it is Yoda who runs away. Darth Sidious rules secretly for twelve years and openly for twenty-six. A thirty-eight year regime as ruler of the Galaxy is pretty impressive - and a worthy accomplishment for any Dark Lord of the Sith.
  15. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I posted something similiar in another thread, but I think Mace managed to win the duel, but I don't think that matters.

I think he could have shot Mace out the window at any time. Did you see him throwing those pods around?

He basically shot lighting at Mace's saber to create that force lighting loop so that he'd look deformed, thus making the senate believe that the Jedi were traitors. He was waiting for Anakin to come in so he could make his choice, and he sense that Anakin would come; he KNEW he would come.

I mean, when he shot Windu out the window and he was screaming "UNLIMITED POWER," you really got the sense that he was faking and could have done that at any time.
  16. camzaman Jedi Padawan

Ok, here it is:

1-Skywalker Sr (brought balance to force)
    2-Skywalker Jr (turned daddy back, despite being a n00b)
    3-R2-D2 (not seen in movies, but has mad skillz)
    4-Anakin's Dad (he had good genes man)
    5-Obi-Wan (give him some love, he's got the whole pkg)
    6-Emperor (Powerful, but evil)
    7-Mace Windu (pwnz with a photon-sword)
    8-Yoda (he's quick and agile, but his sword's too short. He's also senile in the OT)
    9-Kwai-gone (good, but dead)
    10-Maul (n00b)
    11-Leia
    12-Han
    13-Chewie
    14-The Ewok with the green eyes and grey fur
    15-C-3P0
    16-Anakin's Grandpa (in the genes)
    17-Luke's son
    18-Anakin's Great Grand-daddy
    19-the other jedi n00bs who get pwnd
    20-Padme
    21-Frodo
    22-Indiana Jones
    23-James Bond
    24-Rick Moranis
    25-Mel Brooks

Note: I haven't seen ROTS yet, so the top 25 could change...
  17. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    camzaman, admirable attempt at humor.
  18. Darth_Froschler Jedi Master

star 2
    VisitorQ,
    (1) Yoda / The Emperor

(2) Mace

(3) Obi-Wan / Pre-Suit Anakin / Dooku

(4) Ep 4-6 Vader / Ep 6 Luke

(5) Darth Maul

(6) Qui-Gon

(7) Ep 5 Luke
    ------------------------------------------------------

not to be mean or anything, but your list is HILARIOUS! That is the most unaccurate (spelling perhaps?) list i think i have ever seen. Dont take this the wrong way though.

The thing that stands out the most to me is, how could obi-wan be an equal to Dooku, when obi-wan got completly OWNED by him? How can Anakin be at the same level as dooku when Anakin took him out one on one in less then a minute? Indeed, that is another OWNAGE.

I still dont understand why people (not you though VisitorQ) put Mace above Yoda or Dooku. The official site CLEARLY states that only two people have ever bested mace, AND THATS YODA AND DOOKU! That is almost word for word of what it says!

As far as Anakin, as long as people keep him in the top 3, i really dont have a problem with it. Because the people who are usually in the top 3 are anakin, Palp, and Yoda. These 3 are soooo close in power that i cant blame ya. It truly is a tuff choice to make.

Again, dont take this the wrong way, I am really getting sick of how poeple keep saying that Palp wasn't faking his defeat. HE WAS. It was very clear to all viewers of this film. Also like how Obi-wan could've beaten the emperor if Yoda would've let him just because he has faced the most sith. Just because he has faced most sith, doesn't make him powerful!!!!

Again, i can't express this enough, I dont mean any offence to anyone.I just needed to get that off my case.
  19. StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling

star 4
    RE: But Darth Sidious wins. In the end, it is Yoda who runs away

Sidious looses worse than anyone. Remember ROTJ? Cripes. People are so dense. And even if all your thinking about is ROTS, yoda falls and runs because of the incoming Troops, they cut out a massive ammount of scenes in this movie, i remember from the audionovel yoda runs because palps wussilly calls troops. And in palps COULD win, why would he try to run? Yoda bides his time, manipulates luke, with obi-wan, and gets him to face his father in ROTJ, resulting in the downfall of Palps. Palps is a chump.
    Some of you guys need to grow out of you little school girl fall in love with the bad guy who drives a motorcycle and wears black. Its just cliche and sad. Its obvious in all the Six movies GL is conveying that the lightside kicks the darksides butt.
  20. VlixSkywalker87 Jedi Padawan

Honestly I don't think that Grievous is that good, but based on force power and saber skills here is my list. Also I believe that Yoda chose to end the battle for some reason and I don't think he was whole heartedly defeated by Sidious. Also taking into consideration that Qui-Gon is one of the first jedi to achieve the ghost jedi form.

1. Yoda
    2. Anakin
    3. Sidious
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Mace Windu
    6. Qui-Gon
    7. Luke Skywalker
    8. Darth Maul
    9. Count Dooku
    10. Ki-Adi-Mundi
  21. DARTHSHAME Force Ghost

star 4
    My list is based on Force power, saber skills, and wisdom.

1.Yoda
    2.Sidious
    3.Anakin
    4.Mace
    5.Dooku
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Qui-Gon
    8.Maul
    9.Luke

Anakin would be number 1, but he does not reach his full potential as a Jedi or Sith.
  22. Philo2 Jedi Padawan

1. Yoda
    2. Sidious
    3. Anakin/Non-Mechanical Vader
    4. Mace
    5. Dooku
    6. Obi-wan
    7. Maul
    8. Qui-Gon
    9. Luke (angry)
    10. Mechanical Vader
  23. ahadabans Jedi Knight

This is totally subjective, but here is my take on light saber skills.
    1. Mace - I don't buy that Sidious was faking in their fight. Mace owned him fair and square.
    2. Yoda - Even though in a stalemate with Sidious in ROTS, I think it was circumstantial.
    3. Vader (pre-suit) - I think turning to the dark side made him more powerful (quick reward). Only lost to Obi because of arrogance. He controlled their fight up to that point.
    4. Sidious
    5. Anakin (pre turn) - I don't think he beats Yoda or Sidious without using the dark side or waiting 10-20 years for his Jedi powers to grow. He has the ability to be number one, but he was in too much of a hurry.
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. ROTJ Luke
    8. Vader (post suit)
    9. Dooku
    10. Maul

Now if we are talking force power, it goes like this.
    1. Yoda -
    2. Sidious - Stalemates Yoda due to circumstance. I think Yoda could have beaten him.
    3. Mace
    4. Anakin/Vader (pre suit)
    5. ROTJ Luke
    6. Vader (post suit)
    7. Qui Gon
    8. Ki Adi Mundi - Sensed something was wrong during order 66. I think that speaks volumes about his force ability.
    9. Dooku - He manhandled ROTS Obi Wan with the force.
    10. Obi-Wan

Now if Anakin had not gone to the dark side, in 10 years he would have been number one in light saber and force powers. Going to the dark side I think limited his ultimate potential (remember in ROTJ Luke asks Yoda if the dark side is stronger and Yoda says no). The lava bath didn't help matters and ultimately prevented him from becoming stronger than Sidious.
  24. DarthHaggis Jedi Padawan

1. Emperor
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Anakin Skywalker
    5. Luke Skywalker
    6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7. Darth Tyrannus
    8. Qui-Gon Jinn
    9. Darth Maul
    10. General Grievous
  25. MasterP Force Ghost