main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaosAttractor

ChaosAttractor Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    For those in the know, how does the use of the dark side vs the light side affect your rankings? In the ESB, yoda says that the dark side is not more powerful than the light side, only more seductive.

but when discussing the prequels, GL himself admits that the dark side is stronger.

When watching the films, you can see how much an advantage using lightning and throwing objects would be. In addition, the jedi have to pay attention to diversions such as when the sith attack wounded comrades or bystanders.

Would a darkside yoda (with all his natural force ability) defeat a sidious? etc.

2. wookie_breath4

wookie_breath4 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    This topic is fun!

For skills with a saber, i have Yoda as the tops! Palpatine doesn't hit his heights with it, his greatest strength is cunning and force lightning. Anakin and Mace rate highly, as do Luke, Maul and Dooku, but Yoda has the fastest bladework i've seen.

His saber is proof; its not the size, its what you do with it that counts!

I have to say, Obi Wans ability to stay emotionally detatched rates even higher than Mace Windu, but as far as stand alone lightsaber skills go he isn't top five. He has other strengths.

3. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    In terms of Saber skill

1) Darth Vader
    2) Mace Windu
    3) Count Dooku
    4) Anakin Skywalker
    5) Yoda
    6) Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7) General Greivous
    8) Palpatine
    9) Darth Maul
    10) Qui-Gon Jinn

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    1. Palpatine
    2. Anakin/Vader(pre-suit)
    3. Yoda
    4. Mace
    5. Obi-Wan
    6. Luke
    7. Vader(in-suit)
    8. Darth Tyrannus

That's my list, only included 8 because I feel that is sufficient enough.

Palpatine is one of the greatest Force Users in a REALLY long time IMO.

darth_nemisis

5. Calloway_of_light

Calloway_of_light Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    1) Anakin (Vader)
    2) Yoda
    3) Mace
    4) Sidious
    5) Dooku
    6) Obi-wan
    8) Maul
    9) Grievous
    10) Luke

6. Runecrow

Runecrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2005
    Forget that being alive after you are dead crap. This is about fighting.

No, this thread is "top 10 Jedi/Sith raking". The first poster said his list was based on lightsaber skill- but mine wasn't. Lightsaber skill obviously shows little in true way of power judgment. If it did, try figuring out the paradoxes that are set up. Winner of the duel=higher rank? Okay- Dooku beat Obi-Wan, Anakin beat Dooku, Obi-Wan beat Anakin. So that means Dooku is higher in rank than Obi-Wan, yet lower in rank than Anakin who is lower in rank than Obi-Wan?

Qui-Gon Jinn is the top ranker of both Jedi and Sith. He achieved immortality and became one with the force- more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Everyone else who did so, achieved it only by learning from Qui-Gon.

7. Calloway_of_light

Nov 16, 2003
    Ahhh but Anakin figured out how to turn back the clock when he became a force ghost. Qui-gon will be busy meditating while Anakin will have all the dead chicks to himself. Now that's power! ;)

8. MasterXanatos

MasterXanatos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I don't know if anybody mentioned this (I didn't stop to read every post), but Grievous isn't a Sith.

He can't be on the original poster's list

Yeah I corrected it, I put up "Lightsaber Users"

My original list still stands, because I don't think Palp threw the fight with Mace

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Sith:

1. Darth_Sidious (Strongest with the Dark Force)
    2. Darth_Vader (Anakin) (Great potential, but untrained in the dark arts)
    3. Darth_Tyrannus (Dooku) (A supreme swordsman as well as a merciless Force User)
    4. Darth_Maul
    5. Darth_Vader (suited)

Jedi:

1. Yoda (Noone is stronger with the Force than him, not even Sidious - We have seen it.)
    2. Obiwan Kenobi / Mace Windu - Both have proven themselves supreme fighters in RotS - the best of the best; true Masters.
    3. Qui-Gon Jinn
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. You tell me....

10. MasterXanatos

May 20, 2005
    If it did, try figuring out the paradoxes that are set up.

Saber skill is a hard thing to rate. You can't just simply base it on "If A beat B, and C beat A, C is better then B"

That factors a little bit, but you have to think who matches up the best. As someone earlier said: "If they all are in a room together", who would come out on top?

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    To many ifs, buts and intervening circumstances to be able to rank these guys as sabre users. However, surely if a guy is an arrogant dumb arse and loses because of it, that detracts from his ability as a fighter, regardless of his impressive blade skills. Maul's the perfect example. Great with the twin blade, but toying with Obiwan at the end there showed he was actually very much flawed as a fighter and a Sith generally. Likewise Anakin trying that ridiculous move on Obiwan in ROTS and tring to be a big hero against Dooku in AOTC. If you were in the army and you were amazing with various weapons but walked out into open fire and got shot, you wouldn't be considered a very good soldier would you?

12. Runecrow

Runecrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2005
    That factors a little bit, but you have to think who matches up the best. As someone earlier said: "If they all are in a room together", who would come out on top?

Granted, but how do you determine that? It's completely arbitrary. You might as well cast lots for them. I could only approach the question using the best objective measuring stick.

Qui Gon rules!

13. Calloway_of_light

Nov 16, 2003
    Not from that one instance. But reputations are usually formed over time. So if the soldier had performed many courageous acts of valor on the battlefield then most assuredly he would be remembered as a great soldier that lost his marbles.

14. CWcartoonsRdope

CWcartoonsRdope Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    If you look at their "career Sith record" who was better - Dooku or Vader? Looking at their totals it has to be Dooku, and I was hoping that after this movie I would be able to say Vader, but who did Vader kill - younglings? separatists? Old Obi-1? A couple generals on the death star? Dooku took Prime Obi-1, Anakin the first time, gave Yoda a battle, and participated in the destruction of the Jedi. And in terms of more command of the dark side, vader never showed the ability to display force lightning or the flying ability. I have to vote that Dooku is the more powerful sith.

15. MasterXanatos

May 20, 2005
    Granted, but how do you determine that?

Factor what you've seen in other fights, thier styles and stances, and splash in a little opinion. :)

Oh yeah, and as far as Vader vs. Dooku career record. Vader kills off a whole Jedi Temple and more Jedi afterwards. Not much discussion there...

16. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Yeah true. All I'm questioning is views like ... Oh Anakin's better than whoever and he would've beaten him if it wasn't for the fact that he was stupid ... etc. If you're stupid and prone to doing stupid things at vital moments, you're not a very good fighter, irrespective of other attributes IMHO.

17. Calloway_of_light

Nov 16, 2003
    Anakin stomped Dooku's ass in two minutes or so in ROTS, so how would he be better? Anakin destroyed the Jedi temple (albeit with troops) and wiped out the Seperatists like a child pulling the wings off a housefly. From the holocron (?) footage it was obvious that Anakin was fighting and killing Jedi in the temple raid. Also he made it to the OT. ;)

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That's why I put Suited Vader high on my "lock in a room" post. In the OT he is not prone to do stupid things.

19. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    True LaMent. He's dispassionate and clinical in the OT. Unfortunately, he's suffering the consequences of having to be suited because of his earlier stupidity.

20. darthjim1

darthjim1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2005
    Why are people putting Yoda so far down the list, if you had watched the film carefully you would see that yoda didn,t loose, palps just managed to climb back up where yoda had no grip, took a big fall, could'nt continue, also i dont understand how obi one always goes out like a punk both times against dooku, and manages to take anakin out. mace just went out like a punk. cant say myself who is where on a list.

21. CWcartoonsRdope

CWcartoonsRdope Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    You cannot count anything pre-Vader initiation, only after, so thus him whooping Dooku as Anakin doesn't count. I still vote Dooku over Vader -- early line, 3-2 Dooku wins.

22. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    nvm. i changed my list after a lot of critical thinking that hurt my head.

1.Yoda/Anakin
    2.Dooku
    3.Mace Windu
    4.Palpatine
    5.Obi-wan
    6.Darth Maul
    7.Qui-gon
    8.Luke
    9.Plo Koon (just cause he kicks ass.)
    10. Fisto and crew

23. MasterXanatos

May 20, 2005
    Dooku over Palpatine? I don't know about that...

24. darthjim1

darthjim1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2005
    do u think yoda v palps would have had a different outcomw if they werent on a pod just luck i guess that palps managed to grab hold of something.

25. SmoovBillyDee

SmoovBillyDee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    1. Mace
    2. Anakin
    3. Sidious
    4. Dooku
    5. Yoda
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. Luke
    8. Darth Maul
    9. Qui-Gon

Again, all based on my perception of their lightsaber skills. I still think Mace could've beaten Sidious in a saber fight even if Sidious was going all out. Just an opinion, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.