main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004
    1. Darth Sidious

Has been in front of the Jedi all along.

Apprenticed 3 of the most lethal Sith Lords in history.

Killed 3 Jedi Masters in seconds.

After luring The Chosen One, he instantly kills Mace.

Edged out the most powerful Jedi making him go to exile.

Becomes Emperor of the entire galaxy.

Held the pontenially most powerful Force-User on a leash.

Unleashed hell on the Jedi's New Hope.

2. Yoda

Most powerful Jedi.

Evenly matched with Sidius but got edged out in ROTS.

3. Mace

Formidable sword fighter.

4. Vader

Potentially the most powerful.

Lack of experience makes him number 4.

5. Dooku

Master swordsman who has enhanced his ability with the DarkSide.

6. Obi-Wan

Has great wisdom with the Force.

7. Maul

Extremely lethal but lost due to his overconfidence.

8. Qui-Gonn

Hghly attuned to the Living Force.

9. Luke

Son of the Chosen One..potentially could be the most powerful.

10. Ki-Adi Mundi

3rd voice in the Jedi Council

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Apprenticed 3 of the most lethal Sith Lords in history.

I would say that if you stack up all the Sith Lords in history, Dooku and Maul barely get a footnote when compared to some of the greats. Vader on the other hand does stand the test of time.

3. MasterXanatos

MasterXanatos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    As said many times before, Obi-Wan's defeat over Anakin was legit. If Anakin was dumb enough to attack him while Obi-Wan had the high ground, he's not a good fighter

4. S22

S22 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    1. Master Yoda- Looking at the fact that he was the head of the jedi order for hundreds of years, while Sidious only headed the empire for mere decades is some proof of power. In the movies, Yoda is near the end of his life, but in Eps. 3, the duel with DS was even in terms of hits landed. With Dooku, Yoda continually pushes him back and wins every saber lock, not to mention Dooku has to create a distraction in order to leave. With Sidious, Yoda forces him into a retreat mode until DS gets a higher position, and Yoda does win a lock of sabers. When looking at the totality of the movies, the implications, as well as everything we know about the characters, Yoda is the clear winner.

2. Darth Sidious- Clearly, he is powerful in all areas, and Yoda does fail in his attempt to destroy him. Looking at the summarized reasoning above, however, makes him a close second. Clearly, number 2.

3. Mace Windu- He had Sidious down (though perhaps part of it was faked), which is a plus. In terms of overall power though, it was a saber only fight for Mace. One can not deny though, that he is very powerful.

4. Anakin (suited or not)- The guy never reached his potential due to mental, and eventually physical issues. Still, he is the one in the prophecy, and is extremely powerful.

5. Luke- We never see him at his best, but we do know that he eventually has great control, and power. Part of his victory over Vader was the conflict that DV felt.

6. Dooku- Powerful and wise, but ultimately, not as powerful as 1-5.

7. Obi-wan- Though not the overall fighter as Maul, his overall importance and power throughout the series gives him the edge.

8. Maul- A good fighter, but was short-lived.

9. Qui Gon- His main importance comes after his death, which has no place here, but still a powerful jedi.

10. An argument could be made for many.

5. Pote_Snitkin

Pote_Snitkin Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2003
    The most powerful Jedi/Sith? How about any female force user when it's "that time of the month."

Do not mess with them!

6. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    erm...here is my rankings:

1.Master Yoda
    2.Luke Skywalker
    3.Darth Sidius
    4.Master Windu
    5.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6.Anakin Skywalker
    7.Darth Tyrranus
    8.Qui-Gon Jinn
    9.Darth Maul
    10.General Grievious

7. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    1. Luke Skywalker

2. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

3. Master Yoda

4. Mace Windu

5. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

6. Count Dooku

7. Qui-Gon Jinn

8. Obi-Wan Kenobi

9. Darth Maul

10. Ki-Mundi

8. W_Axl_Rose___

W_Axl_Rose___ Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    I'm not basing this on pure force power, or lightsaber skill but overall abiltiy, which also takes in too acount wisdom and more ect.. Because if your just taking about lightsabers, it's mace. Plain and simple because he uses Vappid which is the best form known to any Jedi or Sith.

1.Master Yoda (No doubt, I mean how can one doubt that he is the most powerful, grandmaster of the order.)

2.Darth Sidius (He is powerful, but after seeing ROTS I have second thoughts about this, I mean the duel outcomes didn't mean much, but he didn't show much amazing power throught out. Overconfidence is his down fall)

3 .Master Windu (Vappid, Enought said)

3 .Obi-Wan Kenobi (Best Jedi when it comes to his character and is very blanced, never losses his cool. He really is the most cunning in battle, he is the only one on this list who can upset anyother with a bit of luck. And on the saber point, he is said to be the master of form three, the master. Hence his defences are unbreakable, because the form three is the defencive form.Could be up there with Mace if he wasn't so dam weak to the force push.)

4 .Anakin Skywalker (Could of been the best, but the darkside is not more powerful. Plus he ****ed everything up by getting burned alive and all. He is too weak minded, lets his emotions get the best of him. Overconfidence is his down fall)

5 .Darth Tyrranus (Good at dueling and darkside powers, and is a true gentalmen, too old.)

6 .Qui-Gon Jinn (Just is)

7 .Darth Maul (Maybe as good as Mace with the saber, although overconfidence is his down fall.)

9. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Grevious definatly would not out rank luke

Yoda-Would have beat Sidious if he didnt loose his grip
    Anakin-I Believe has the ablitly to defeat Sidious
    Sidious-Pretty all around bad-ass
    Obi-Wan-A little conservative but he'll kick your ass
    Mace-It was tight between mace and luke but I think Sammy L edges him out
    Luke-Luke's the man what do you want
    Oui-Gon-Crazy cool dude just not a fighter
    Maul-Cool sith but not cool enough
    Dooku-Little Pansy

10. zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Yoda did not lose to Sids. He had to stop fighting because clones entered the chamber and he was too far down to get to Sids. He fell because he was on the edge of the platform and Sids was in the middle. What forced him to fall was the backward force of him pushing Sids lightning back into Sids. He was only hit once and partly as a result of surprise. He hurled Sids even though Sids was ready. He was on the constant offensive. He won two sabre locks. He Disarmed sids. He was disarmed only because he was just landing on the platform coming up from lower down and was at point blank range when blocking the ligtning. He dodged every pod thrown and stoped one. The one he stoped was coming from above and in the force push battle over that pod he was able to spin it and then over power Sids to push it back at him. He stoped Sids ligtning and again over powered Sids to push it back into Sids. Yoda was deffinately winning and had to leave due to the disadvantageous cercumstances. Having to climb all the way back up while sabreless, dodging pods and lightning, and clones was out of the question. Too much was at stake. It was absolutely necessary for him to survive. Even if he killed Sids he would had to have escaped countless clonetropers.

11. Kynobi

Kynobi Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Based on Lightsaber Skill?

1. Mace Windu(Beat Sidious, 1-shot Jango Fett, Dominated in Clone Wars)

2. General Grevious(Fought 4 Jedi at the same time, two who were masters, then 3 at the same time)

3. Sidious (Defeated 3 Jedi in seconds)

4. Obi Wan (Beat Maul as a padawan, beat Anakin in his prime, beat a weakened Grevious)

5. Anakin (Defeated Count Dooku)

6. (Tie)Count Dooku/Yoda (No idea why everyone ranks Yoda so high in lightsaber skills, lets see here, people who Yoda has defeated in a lightsaber duel...no one. Dooku took down Anakin and Obi Wan, then evenly matched Yoda right after, trained General Grevious)

7. Luke Skywalker

8. Darth Maul (Only Jedi to master the double bladed lightsaber style)

9. Shaak Ti

10. Qui'Gon Jinn

12. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    Palpatine lost to Mace on purpose in ROTS so that Anakin would have to choose....

sorry, but you are wrong about that. it just happened that way. If the emperor could've beat Mace outright, then he would have.

Pay more attention next time.

13. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    1. Mace Windu
    2. Darth Sidious
    3. Yoda
    4. Obi-wan Kenobi
    5. Luke Skywalker
    6. Anakin Skywalker
    7. Darth Tyrannus
    8. Darth Vader
    9. Darth Maul
    10. Qui-Gonn Jinn

14. DarthMyBoy

DarthMyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2003
    Here is my list

1. Yoda - He is the Master of Force users. He really beat Dooku and would have beaten Sidious had he just held on to that podiumesque thingy
    2. Mace - I dont care what people say, "Palpatine LET him win", that is crap. Mace kicked his ass and would have killed him if Anakin realized that Palps was manipulating him
    3. Obi-Wan - He may not have the BEST abilities, but he gets it done
    4. Anakin - He is a badass and could be number one if he just let go of his fear and anger, he would have been the most powerful Jedi of all time
    5. Sidious - You gotta hand it to him, that Force Lightining hurts and he does survive the brunt of two top Jedi Masters
    6. Dooku - He beat Obi-Wan twice and Anakin once, but in the end he doesnt cut Top 5 because he just doesnt have those skills
    7. Darth Maul - BADASS OF ALL BADASSES. He took on two Jedi and nearly lived to tell the tale, he was a TRUE Sith Apprentice
    8. Qui-Gon - He was just out of his league against Maul, yet he held his own. We have to wonder how things would have turned out if this Maverick Jedi survived the Duel of the Fates
    9. Luke - He got schooled by Vader, then beat him senseless. If we had seen on screen how he progress (Not EU) then we could say he is Top 5 material. For now, he is Top 10
    10. KIT FITSO!! - He lasted the 2nd longest in the Duel with Sidious! NOT BAD!

15. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Lightsaber only rankings:

1. Master Yoda (The very definition of,"The Total Package". he never loses an inch and forces the enemy to use force powers to gain distance for a hope of survival)

2. Darth Sidious (he cuts threw 3 jedi masters in less than 20 seconds and can clearly be seen passing on death blows in the Windu fight)

3. Anakin Skywalker (his god-like skill is only held in check by his arrogance...he dictates his duel with Kenobi and displays superior power...and a lack of wisdom)

4. Darth Tyrannus (he employs the best of both worlds...being trained by Master Yoda, he has exceptional technique, pacing, and footwork. being trained by Darth Sidious he has high level sith force powers that allow him to gain distance from mulitple or superior attackers)

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi (his skill is modified by his wisdom making him much more challenging than expected at his age...only deeply experienced and spiritual jedi masters and hardened sith lords can hope to gain advantages)

6. Master Mace Windu (his skill is modified by his exceptional physical strength and his battle experience...he is actually more powerful than Master Kenobi, but not nearly as wise)

7. Darth Maul (his style shows Darth Sidious is indeed a great teacher...as it demonstrates that Sidious is deadly with any manner of lightsaber. Maul's technique is excellent, however his defence is disapointing as he allows his lightsager hilt to be split rather easily by a then Padawan Kenobi. Still Darth Maul is very very young and as such his experience must be taken into account)

8. Luke Skywalker (he suffers from not even being trained in lightsaber arts, but instead in force concepts and powers alone. yet he proves that the force really does control a jedi's flow in a fight. he has good technique modified by un-naturally high force sensitivity. this makes him better with a lightsaber almost every minute of every hour without even practicing)

9. Qui Gon Ginn (he has good technique and solid defence, but has not figured a way to add his tremendous wisdom and spirituality as a modifier...this puts him at a disadvantage against any jedi or sith that has better offence or defence)

*********Another Classic Post**********

16. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    1-Yoda- theres no denying this!

2-Palps- Mace plain an simple kicked his a$$ but Palps basicaly mind tricked everyone in the galexy that takes some skill!

3-Mace- In a saber fight this guy could beat anyone but being a jedi/sith is more then just lightsabers.

4-OB1-this is were it gets hard i would say another council member but theres no real example of them fighting.

5-Darth Maul- pure skill in this guy should have killed OB1.

6-Qui Gon- No so much for his skill but if anyone saw the fall of the republic and deseption by Palps i think he did.

7-Luke- An ok jedi would have been super powerful if jedi council was around in his life.

8-Anikin- I Have no respect for a fallen jedi but he was powerful.

9-Count- this old man was good but like i said no respect for a fallen jedi.

10-anyone- who survived te battle of Geonosis!!!!

17. Yodaman_Elitest

Yodaman_Elitest Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    first off people yoda had huge metal pods that way an enormous amount thrown at him, constantly, unlike mace who had a clear shot only saber dueling to beat down the emperor, I highly doubt that windu could have survived those pods like yoda did and yoda even threw one back. So obviously yoda is much more wise and powerful than mace, just watch how he handles a lightsaber, plus i hated the emperor's fighting style it was like jab and stab, so worthless. my top 10 go as follows

1)yoda
    2)anakin
    3)emperor
    4)obi-wan
    5)mace windu
    6)darth tyrannus
    7)plo koon
    8)luke skywalker
    9)qui-gon
    10)darth maul

18. Heinee87

Heinee87 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Because everyone had different saber skills at different times, I'm going to rank by force ability:
    1-Anakin Skywalker (The Chosen ONE, though never reached potential)
    T2-Yoda (Ties Sidious because only the chosen one can kill him)
    T2-Palpatine/Sidious
    T4-Mace Windu
    T4-Luke Skywalker (probably would have been wasted by Dooku, but we never saw his full potential either)
    6-Count Dooku
    7-Obi Wan
    8-Darth Maul
    The rest is a toss up.

19. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    My list is perfect! :p

20. EricOF

EricOF Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Gonna revise mine a bit:

1. Yoda
    1. Sidious
    3. Windu
    4. Annakin
    5. Dooku
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. Luke
    8. Maul
    9. Qui-Gon
    10. Some other Jedi

21. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    1) Sidious
    2) Vader (pre-suit)
    3) Anakin
    4) Yoda
    5) Obiwan (OT)
    6) Vader (suited)
    7) Dooku/Obiwan(PT)/Mace
    10) Luke

22. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    i think my list nailed it as well.....

23. IceMan00004

IceMan00004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    (Prequels Only) -- (If they share the same rank then that obviously means I feel that they could be considered equals in that area)

Lightsaber Skills

1. Mace Windu/Anakin
    2. Yoda/Dooku/Emperor
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi/Darth Maul/
    4. General Grievous
    5. Qui-Gon Jinn

Force Power

1. Yoda/Emperor
    2. Dooku/Anakin/Mace Windu (hard to place Mace in this category. More of a guess)
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi/Qui-Gon Jinn
    4. Darth Maul

(Note: Qui-Gon Jinn displays the greatest power of all by becoming one with the force. So it may be fair to actually consider him at the top of this list, at least in the prequel movies.

I just want to give a sort of honorable mention to Qui-Gon. I really wished after seeing ROTS I could have looked back on Qui-Gon as a much greater Jedi, but sadly he was barely even mentioned. Still...I feel as if he was actually a much greater Jedi than ppl give him credit for. I think he ranks up there with Yoda as far as wisdom and intelligence is concerned.

Oh I guess I'll go ahead and do a Wisdom one as well.

Wisdom

1. Yoda/Qui-Gon Jinn/Emperor
    2. Mace Windu/Dooku
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    4. Darth Maul/Anakin

24. jediknytt

jediknytt Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I agree, Luke is # 1 just because he was powerful enough to destroy both vader and the emperor in the same session. the emperor had "forseen this". luke easily destroys a very powerful vader, he coulda owned sidious...but made a choice and didnt. He is the son of the chosen one, and even more powerful.

25. Darth_Cange

Darth_Cange Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    befor i seen the movie i would have puted it like this
    (based on reading review on the movie and all)
    1-yoda
    (from all the review i heard he kicked the ass of palpatine)
    2-Mace
    (from the most logicall review i have read he kicked the ass of palpatine
    3-Palpatine
    (cause he was such a bad ass)
    4-Obi Wan
    (cause he beated the chosen one wich is anakin)
    5-Anakin
    (cause he was the chosen one)

now i have seen the movie and i can tell by myslef

1-Mace
    (cause he realy kick palpatine ass no doubt about it)
    2-Anakin
    (cause he realy is the chosen one and is such a bad ass in the movie,no doubt he is to become the most powerfull one,even palpatine admited it)
    3-Palpatine
    (because he increased alot more then i expected in my point of view,befor i hated this character.but in ROTS i realy loved his war of acting)
    4-Yoda
    (he lost alot of that invincible idea i had on him,i mean i never realy tought he was that powerfull but in ROTS he simply proved it to me,he got thrown away from all side like the stupid puppet that he is)
    5-Obi Wan
    (while he defeated anakin,he had the upper hand on him while being on a stable and higher ground then anakin,wich i dont think he would have defeat anakin without that advantage)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.