main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Okey dokey.

2. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Completely agree. Luke is the character that that rights all the wrongs. Not through manipulations, but through the love of his father.

That wasn't necessary.

3. ThePTReverend

ThePTReverend Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Lucas's statement about him being a lackey just like Maul or Dooku conflicts with what we see on screen, and what Lucas himself says regarding Vader's strength compared to the Emperor's.

TARKIN: Vader, release him.

LACKEY: As you wish.

Plus the fact that the choke guy was even talking like that to Vader indicates that vader was known as somewhat of a *biatch*

4. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    Tarkin and co. aren't too worried about Vader. Palpatine has comforted them that Vader is in his control and will do what he says so they tend to get lippy sometimes, and sometimes they get choked to death. I didn't hear homeboy talkin **** after he had his windpipe crushed.

5. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    In Mastery over the Force then bar none:

The top 2 are Sidious and Yoda. While Sidious has a slight edge over Yoda because he has the lightning.

In lightsaber skills:

1. Sidious - Most deceptive and versatile, can easily adapt to any opponent and has an unstoppable assault.

2. Yoda - Overwhelming acrobatic assaults with an impenetrable defense.

3. Mace - Formidable defense and counter attacks with effortless and un-wasted movements.

4. Vader - Strong offensive assault that can easily overpower an opponent.

5. Tyranus - Highly refined movements and attacks using superior finesse and precision.

6. Obi-Wan - Great defensive form that can wear down most opponents.

7. Maul - Lethal ferocity and unpredictable attacks with great speed, grace, and agility.

8. Qui-Gonn - Accurate attacks with an innate ability to totaly focus in the moment.

6. Knight_Mical

Knight_Mical Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2004
    1. Obi-Wan (beat DV, Maul)
    2. Yoda (he's fast)
    3. Anakin (held his own with Obi-Wan for a while & beat ds-dooku even though he did have to resort to the darkside to do it)
    4. Dooku (beat semi-darkside Anakin, light-side Obi-Wan, tied Yoda)
    5 Maul
    6. Mace
    7. Sidioius

I think most of you are mistaking saber skills with Force powers. Anakin and Dooku and Sidious are strong with darkside powers but only Anakin shows any real saber skills and darkside powers are a weakness in it's self. The fact that you must use darkside powers to gain power shows that you are weak as a Force User in the first place. You lack faith and patience and will eventually succumb to what seems an inevitable self-destruction.

Obi-Wan is by far the best saberist, strategist and strongest of all the Jedi as well as wisest as shown by the best fight in the series with Maul. That could have been a draw if it wasn't for Obi-Wan's greatest strength of all -- strategic thinking and quick mind. He also beat a darkside Anakin in a very long fight which demonstrates again his strategic superiority and greater skill. Aggressivness can win some fights in the short term, but the longer the fight goes the more skill you need. He is the first Jedi to become immortal, trained Luke and inspired him to save his father.

Sidious doesnt show any saber skills at all, he's all Dark power, which is also Dooku's greatest strength.

Mace doesn't show anything at all in the movies.

As far as greater Force power, of course Yoda and Sidious -- have more force knowledge, though Sidious is proven very weak in the end. How easily he falls and how short his reign was. Where as the Jedi ruled for a millenia. Yoda and Obi-Wan are immortal and have affected the tide of events for a millenia more through the actions they take -- moreso Obi-Wan than Yoda.

Anakin is powerful, but he never realizes that power because his complete lack of faith, weak character and no inner strength. He is almost moronic in his short-sightedness. So he may have killed Sidious by virtue of being close to him, but he has caused so much havoc and ruin on the galaxy that he's a non-entity.

Mace has no effect on the galaxy or future generations and is as foolish as Anakin in some ways.

Dooku also is a failure, his lack of wisdom caused his own downfall and again caused much devestation. His influence lasts less than ten years and is easily forgotten. Maul is even less influential in the long term and is no more than a blip.

So as far as Great Jedi and Sith go;
    1. Obi-Wan/Yoda
    2. Luke
    3. Sidious
    4. Mace
    5. Anakin (though his only contribution is his children)
    6. Dooku/Mace

7. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    That wasn't necessary either.

8. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    No, it wasn't, and thank you for at least being fair about it and commenting on both.

9. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    1. Emperor
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Anakin Skywalker (before suit)

I think its obvious that those are the top four force users in the galaxy since they are the only characters that are rated as level 9 swordsmen. I'm not sure exactly how the power rankings would go for everyone else though. Dooku defeated Obi-Wan twice, so he may be superior to him. The three Jedi who went with Mace to confront Palpatine might be the best in the Order after Yoda, Mace, and Anakin since the OS and novelisation both say that Mace took his finest Jedi Masters with him. Lucas has claimed that you never got to see a real Jedi fight in the OT because Luke wasn't trained in the same way an original Jedi would have been trained. Therefore, the fights had to be faster and more ferocious in the PT. I think this means Luke is less powerful in ROTJ than the prequel era Jedi were.

Sidious doesnt show any saber skills at all, he's all Dark power

He killed three of the greatest swordsmen the Jedi Order ever produced in less than ten seconds and he's one of only four characters to be ranked a level 9 swordsman. I think that's some pretty amazing saber skills on the Emperor's part.

10. jedisith678

jedisith678 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    1. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    2. Yoda
    3. Sidious
    4. Mace
    5. Obi- Wan Kenobi
    6. Dooku
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Luke Skywalker
    9. Qui- Gon

11. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    i just want to say that losing a fight doesnt constitute weakness

Qui-Gon lost to Maul and became more powerful than any Jedi or Sith. Without him, the "new jedi"
    order would not have been possible. thats why he is tops on my list

12. vader_2oo2

vader_2oo2 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2005
    1.Darth Sidious
    2.Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    3.Yoda
    4.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5.Count Dooku
    6.Qui-Gon Jin
    7.Luke Skywalker
    8.Mace Windu
    9.Kit Fisto
    10.Darth Maul

13. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    isn't this list on only raw power, not force or the preserving spirit thing. It's raw power we're asking for.

14. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    i would argue that someone who has gained immortality, can teach others to become immortal and then use that power to alter the course of the galaxy, is far more powerful than the the best lightsaber wielder and force user

15. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    maynard i agree. more specification is needed. are we talking about the physical plane, or the spiritual. because the ability to influence life through the force is the greatest power of all, but IMO it is completely seperate from the physical realm, where i do believe there is a pecking order, so to speak.

1.sidious
    2.yoda
    3.anakin
    4.dooku
    5.obi wan
    6.mace
    7.suited vader
    8.qui gon
    9.maul

16. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    1.Sidious
    2.Yoda
    3.Mace Windu
    4.Anakin Skywalker

Everyone is looking way to into this. You don't even need to be a starwars fan to know this. It's really just common sense and some basic facts put together to make up the list. Let me explain.

1.Sidious. Well, during his fight with Yoda they were pretty much evenly matched. The reason i give it to Sidious is simply because of the prophecy. Sure Yoda and Sidious maybe equal in power, but Yoda should know that he will NEVER beat Sids just by knowing the prophesy. Only Anakin will have the power to destroy him for good.

2.Yoda. If it weren't for the prophesy, I would most likely put him at number 1. His fight with palps was so evenly matched, that it could have gone either way if not for the prophesy. But since there is one, and yoda can never beat Palpy know matter how hard he tries, he will never succeed. Thus, Yoda at number 2.

3.Mace Windu. GL clearly states that Mace is the number 2 jedi next to master Yoda. He said this throughout the PT . He also Beat Sids fair and square. But i believe that Sids was taking it easy on Mace, thinking he would be another push over like the other 3 jedi he just killed moments earlier....he wasn't.

4.Anakin Skywalker. Mace says himself that he is arguably the most powerful jedi alive. And he's 23 years old, and he is STILL gonna become even STRONGER then he is now! That is quite a feat at such a young age. Unfortunatly he never reaches his full potential due to his injuries.

17. SithOWNtheJedi

SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    My top 10 POwer rankings (Including lightsaber and force powers)

1. Sidious
    2. Dooku
    3. Yoda
    4. Anakin
    5. Mace
    6. QuiGonn
    7. Maul
    8. ObiWan
    9. Luke
    10. Plo Koon

18. -maynard-

Jun 1, 2005
    hmmm...what i find interesting about that is the placement of two characters: Qui-Gon and Mace.

Mace has immense physical power while the Qui-Gon is comparatively lacking

on the other hand, Qui-Gon accomplishes far more than Mace ever did without even needing a lightsaber

19. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    i am totally with you maynard. qui gon is far more accomplished than any jedi, with the exception of yoda and obi wan (anakin), even then it's a toss up, however my list was based upon the physical realm, the things we actually see happening.

mace was placed at number 6 because i honestly believe that there were better, more powerful, more well rounder characters out there, which were listed above. mace proves to be great, a force to be reckoned with but i think there were others who did the same if not more to impress me. mace was involved in a set up duel, in which he is ultimately killed, that is his finest moment, and even then you can't really give credit here to either side (the yes or no vote) because it's still up for debate, needing resolution.

qui gon is listed at 8 simply because he simply wasn't as much a force as the other characters listed, there have never been any details as to what qui gon was like in his prime, and we are shown a skilled duelist who just isn't good enough to keep up with the rest. qui gon is one of the for most accomplished jedi in history, the ability to retain his conscienceness has only been achieved by four individuals, he was among the group, but this list isn't about that.

20. evhjim

evhjim Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Here's my list:

1) Obi-Wan Kenobi - The whole package! The most well-rounded Jedi.
    2) Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader - Fear and lack of patience was his downfall, otherwise he's #1.
    3) Sidious - Extreamly powerful, but overconfident and sloppy.
    4) Yoda - Yoda doesn't lack anything, but isn't the overall best.
    5) Dooku - Darkside power made him very strong, but ultimatly no match for the others above him on the list.
    6) Luke Skywalker - Reckless and emotional, but still manages to save the day and resurect the Jedi Order with very little Jedi training.
    7) Darth Maul - a very well trained henchman.
    8) Qui-Gon Jinn - A very strong Jedi, blinded by faith.
    9) Mace Windu - I only have him this high on the list because GL says that he is a stud, even though he never shows it on screen.
    10) The rest of the Jedi Council - Clearly strong and influencial, but not in the same catagory as the rest of this list.

There you have it folks.

21. jolly-jedi

jolly-jedi Jedi Master

Aug 16, 2005
    " 5) Dooku - Darkside power made him very strong, but ultimatly no match for the others above him on the list. "

with obi wan on the number 1?????? even though dooku owned him twice you say dooku is no match for anyone higher on the list??

22. jolly-jedi

jolly-jedi Jedi Master

Aug 16, 2005
    1. Anakin (before being named darth vader)
    2. Sidious/Yoda
    4. Mace (no offense to mace fans, i never saw anything that ranks him this high but GL says so and star wars is his creation)
    5. Dooku
    6. OB1
    7. Luke
    8. Vader( including pre-suit vader)
    9. Maul
    10. Qui Gon

i think its important to seperate anakin from vader, anakin was the most powerful, i think him owning dooku was the greatest show of pure raw force in the saga, but once he became vader suited or not suited he was too conflicted, other than that you have to go with what you see, OB1 beat vader but got owned by dooku twice so there no way he could be higher than dooku, but had anakin fought him with his focus that he displayed against dooku OB1 would have been toast, and im ranking them on fighting abilites,

23. darth_scyrone

darth_scyrone Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    NO WAY! okay yea mace sucks, but anakin would've done anything to save padme, the point of this was not to try and convert anakin, but to try and put the jedi as enemies of the republic. Mace would've won if he hadnt fumbled around. thus making him the weakest on the list.

24. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    I agree
    Yours is a true tops list, not just of fighting skills

25. MasterKenobi777

MasterKenobi777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    1.) Yoda/Sidious - Its too close to call. Sidious has lightning but YOda was able to handle it.
    He just got the 'short end on the pod' so to speak

2.) Obi-Wan- This rating isn't based on saber skills alone mind you. He is the most experienced Jedi when it comes to fighting Sith this is why I rank him so high because nothing is better than experience.

3.)Mace/Anakin- I believe that they are very much alike. Both have a sense of overconfidance but both are very powerful and skilled with the saber.

4.) Luke- He's the Chosen One's offspring and is what Anakin should ahve been. Enough said.

5.) Dooku- Very skilled with the blade. Personally I believe the best with the saber becasue of his finesse and grace even with being a Sith Lord.

6.) Maul. Very skilled with the saber and fighting but was too overconfidant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.